GPGames Forum Scale Model Section

Posted by LS. 
Re: GPGames Forum Scale Model Section
Date: July 27, 2005 11:19PM
Posted by: kimirgj
@muks: is it hard to put the decals on urself?

Date: July 28, 2005 05:45AM
Posted by: Jimmy The Exploder
I have a few scale models , 1:18's of a Ferrari F-50 , Dodge Viper GTS , Viper RT/10 , Chevrolet Corvette , and Dodge Charger , and a yellow Corvette in 1:43

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: July 28, 2005 05:08PM
Posted by: Muks_C
firstly, the 'Blacknose' F2001 I have is not finished, yet, so doesn't actually have a black nose yet (the top model in the pics on the previous page with no logos on the sidepod).

I bought a standard NT F2001, then made it fully tobacco.

but then the 52 Wins model came out, so I bought that one an converted it to tobacco too. But I had 2 F2001 models now, so i decided to make the older 1 into the Blacknose Monza special.

I used nail varnish remover (acetone is what you need) and rubbed it over the factory decals, and the tobacco ones I added, with a Q-Tip/cotton bud to remove them. you can use a small piece of cloth too, as on larger areas it easier than using Q-Tips/cotton buds.

I haven't got round to painting the nose and applying the white decals on the wings to cover the logos. i'm considering selling it on ebay so i can make room for an F2004.

@ Kimirgj, applying the decals is very easy. all you do is wipe the model with a damp cloth to remove any dust that might be on it, and leave the area wet. the you cut the decal and soak it in warm water for around 20-30 seconds. you then carefully rub the decal with your thumb so it start to slide on its backing card (don't worry, the larger ones are usually stroing enough so you won't tear them).

then once its moving around, re-soak it quickly just to allow some water to get under the decal. then slide it onto the car and carefully position it, keeping it wet with a painting brush dipped in water, so it doesn't get stuck in the wrong position. then when you are happy with its position, use the wet paintbrush to 'paint' the decal to smooth it and remove any air that might be trapped, and then lay a piece of tissue over it to soak up the excess water, and it should now be stuck on.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 28, 2005 05:46PM
ok thanks mate, surely the helmet ones are a bit tricker, also how much is postage for that site.

blacknose ferrari for sale here
[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

:):)

Date: July 28, 2005 10:40PM
did minichamps make an mp4-17D seperate to the one made by hotwheels?

Date: July 29, 2005 01:58AM
the postage is $2 for USA and $2.50 for the rest of the world.

yeah the helmet ones and all the smaller ones are a lot trickier, you just have to be patient and careful. once i wet the smaller decal, i sort of press hard on it with my index finger tip, so it sticks to my finger, then i hold it up close to my eyes and try to apply it in the correct position, and keep it wet so you can move it around, i adjust the position with the end of a paintbrush or some tweezers.

you know the little marlboro logos on the visor of the helmet? they come in 2 pieces, the red triangle bit, and the word 'Marlboro', so you have to apply the triangle first, let it dry, then add the word. that is very tricky getting them both to match up, but with a bit of practice and patience, it can be done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2005 01:59AM by Muks_C.
Date: August 04, 2005 09:35PM
Calling LS, have you got £2350 spare?

check this out:

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

I've been looking for an F2004 1:18 MS model.

there are 2 available, the 1st is with him standing in the cockpit of the car representing Spa 2004 where he clinched the title. he has the HANS device on, which is nice:

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

the 2nd is from the end of the season, and has the cool little hot air exit thing on the right sidepod, but not on the left, and it has a leather covered base and spme special chrome paint, and a driver figure with some nice details on the suit and trainers:

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

here's a Marlboro converted version:

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

I would love to have the 2nd one, but I think its a bit too expensive considering its just a Hot Wheels/Mattel model.

plus you need to get the correct paint to paint the mid-wing on the engine cover.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2005 09:50PM by Muks_C.
Date: August 04, 2005 09:53PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Detail on those Schumacher cars is pathetic

there using a black sticker for a hole in the wing ffs!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 04, 2005 10:09PM
Posted by: IWE
LOL! I can deside should I buy BAR006 barcode livery or Arrows 2002 showcar (2001 car with 2002 livery) limited edition.. Bar cost 40e and Arrows 37e so no big difference.. Both are minichamps.

Im huge BAR fan but 02 Arrows is one of my all time favourite F1 cars.. :?

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 04, 2005 10:13PM
well, I never buy Showcars, cos they are just fakes, so I would buy the car of the real season and livery.

I love the shape of the 2002 Arrows, so wouldn't be happy with a 2001 Arrows car with 2002 livery.

Date: August 04, 2005 10:23PM
Yes I was thinking same thing. And 2001 Arrows shape looks bad compared to 2002 shape.. Look like I will buy that 006 tomorrow. :)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 05, 2005 12:07AM
post some pics if you do!

are both choices 1:18 or 1:43 scale? I have the 2002 Arrows Frentzen version, and 2001 Monaco Arrows Verstappen version with the funny front wing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2005 12:08AM by Muks_C.
Date: August 05, 2005 12:40AM
Both are 1:43 :) That your 2001 Arrows is Monaco gp version? If I remember right they used that wing only in free-practise and then fia banned that wing..

I will post pics of my wery small collection tomorrow if I have enought time..

Date: August 05, 2005 01:58AM
yeah its the Monaco version with the strange front wing they only used in the practice session:

and the lovely A23:

Date: August 05, 2005 11:40AM
Posted by: kizz360
i have the 006, tis nice :)

i was looking on ebay for a fw16, quite like that car and found this

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

lol nice rothmans decals ;)

Date: August 05, 2005 01:46PM
Posted by: Marclaren
ROFLMAO

Date: August 05, 2005 02:36PM
what a numpty!

look at mine:

I put the Rothmans on myself, bought from Toronto Motorsports, but I'm not happy with the ones on the sidepods, because they haven't been printed very well, there is a 'shadow' effect on them when something went wrong, so I need to remove them and out some new ones on.

Also the Rothmans on the rear wing and engine cover look a bit too pale shade of blue.

Date: August 05, 2005 04:37PM
Posted by: ralphi
they look fine from here..

Date: August 05, 2005 04:40PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL

Metallic red?????????? :-o

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: August 05, 2005 04:54PM
Posted by: Lemming
Yeah, I saw it in a shop... looked quite nice (and I usually hate Ferrari), but completely unrealistic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy