GPGames Forum Scale Model Section

Posted by LS. 
Re: GPGames Forum Scale Model Section
Date: December 28, 2011 02:08PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i've not bought anything new for a long time, can't even remember what it was (will need to look back at previous pages of this thread). i did buy myself a new slim xbox for my 30th birthday though ;)

i would love to continue buying models but i haven't even properly displayed my existing ones yet, and the price has insanely increased over the past coupe of years, and there are too many i would want, it would be a never-ending buying process.

i really need to buy a large free-standing display case, if anyone knows of where i could get one. ideally it would be completely glass with glass doors and shelves, but a wooden outer frame with glass shelves and doors would probably be ok too. i have around 12 1:18 and then another 50 or so 1:43 to go in it.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: December 28, 2011 02:50PM
Posted by: J i m
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wondering if anyone received or treated themselves
> to any models or cool stuff over Christmas

Apart from the BMW Williams launch car I got, I'm currently on the lookout for bargains on ebay, I just won a Mclaren MP4/12 test car 1:43, for £10.45
E.g

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2011 02:51PM by J i m.
Date: December 28, 2011 11:00PM
Dammit!! Lost the McNish Toyota test car :(

I shall have to console myself with Hill's Williams Renault FW16 of Silverstone (1:43) I wanted the union flag edition but currently those are going for £75+ on eBay and in my. In my humble view that's too much for a 1:43.

Date: December 29, 2011 12:37AM
Posted by: danm
I just missed out on some pretty little 1994 and 1995 Hakkinen 1:18s for 30 euros each. I am truly gutted.

There are a few models I am after in the Xmas period - seems to me this is a fantastic time of the year for second hand bargains.

Looking forward to January very much now.

Not sure I want to be a total model nerd, but just the shapes and liveries of times gone that I admire and genuinely like to look at above my desk now and then.

Must say, I am probably going to order a 1:18 Mercedes 2011 Nico 1:18 when they arrive.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: December 29, 2011 01:24AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
What winds me up is there used to be a shop that was near me that sold loads of 1:43 scale cars. It went a couple of years ago at a time when I wanted a couple.

I definitely want 2 cars now, a 1995 Pacific and a 1997 Tyrrell (with the X-wings). Might have to scour eBay.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: December 29, 2011 11:14AM
I have both of those models in my 'Backmarkers of the 1990's' set. I opted to collect all the rubbish bottom enders that were turning up on ebay for £5 or £6.

Forti's, Pacifics, Minardi's...

They make a nice little collection actually, some very obscure liveries.

Date: December 29, 2011 12:02PM
Incident 2k9 Wrote:

> I definitely want 2 cars now, a 1995 Pacific and a
> 1997 Tyrrell (with the X-wings). Might have to
> scour eBay.

There's one pacific and a few x wing tyrrells, I'd get your skates on ;)

Date: December 29, 2011 01:24PM
I should probably give it a rest now.. Just secured one of these:

Date: December 29, 2011 02:48PM
Posted by: 3tec
Minichamps FTW!!! ;)
Date: December 29, 2011 06:17PM
Posted by: fongu
i just got myself the hotwheels elite 1994 Ferrari from Silverstone gp, the Benetton B191 which has no driver in and Mansells car with Ayrton Senna figure on the sidepod. Can't wait to get back and open them up!

Date: December 29, 2011 06:30PM
The Mansell - Senna taxi ride by minichamps? That's sweeeeet, I have it myself in 1:43, it's accuracy is a bit off in places but it's a nice model to have in your collection.

Date: December 29, 2011 08:27PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Nice Fongu I have the Schumi B191 with no driver in 1/43

Dan is correct, got some great deals on ebay coming up this time of year

I picked up the 1/18 Vettel yesterday, sweet car :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: December 29, 2011 08:42PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
J i m Wrote:
> Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I definitely want 2 cars now, a 1995 Pacific and
> a
> > 1997 Tyrrell (with the X-wings). Might have to
> > scour eBay.
>
> There's one pacific and a few x wing tyrrells, I'd
> get your skates on ;)

I managed to find quite a few Pacifics, wouldn't mind a Deletraz one ;)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: December 30, 2011 01:41AM
Sadly, I would like a 1994 Minardi, but I don't believe Onyx or Minichamps ever made one. I only realised the other week that Minichamps did a Sauber from 1994, I'd quite like De Crasharis' 200th GP edition, but its not cheap.

Yeah i got Senna's taxi ride version, but it's got a crack on the cover, which is the only reason i could afford it. I saw a 1994 McLaren with Hakkinen go for under £10, but it was missing all the logos on the nose - you have to wonder what people did with these models!

Date: December 30, 2011 10:29AM
That De Cesaris Sauber is popping up quite a bit on eBay at the moment, I'm watching a couple myself. I was also watching that Mclaren Mp4/9 with the missing decals on the nose but decided that factor would simply piss me off.

Date: December 30, 2011 09:34PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
I'm still attempting to complete the 1999 season grid, only taken me what... 12 years

Still on the look out for the 1/18 Barrichello

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: December 31, 2011 03:51PM
I have the De Cesaris 200 GP's in 1:43, Onyx only though which I guess isn't as elusive.

I really need to sell a lot of my Onyx collection, some weird models in there. I have the Leyton House/March cars of the early 90's, the Minardi sets from 1990-1991, Alesi and Capelli 90's Ferraris and Benettons too from 89-91 all with the bright sponsored team colour card boxes.

Fongu - the Minardi 94 is a beautiful shape and livery, one of my favourites. Sadly I think you are right in that NOBODY made it - can you believe that? Terrible. I also wanted a M193 model, again not available anywhere.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2012 01:46AM by danm.
Date: January 02, 2012 01:45AM
Yippee!

I finally got a model I have wanted for a long time, and I think Fongu will appreciate it...

1:18 Jordan 195 Marlboro converted (not pictured).

I came oh so close, but no cigar, to snapping the PAIR to include Rubens, butanother guy got it by ONE DOLLAR more than me when my browser refreshed too slow. Gutted. So I just have Irvine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2012 01:52AM by danm.
Date: January 02, 2012 10:29AM
i got the 1:43 version of Rubens late last year, with the super big helmet! Obviously the larger model is more accurate, but the rear wing downforce trims are completely different. I may start getting the 10 year anniversary sets

Date: January 02, 2012 01:43PM
Didn't have a Montoya model yet, there was a rather epic Ganassi Reyard listed on eBay but it went for a suitably healthy fee, so I'm making do with this:

I won it for £10.50 :)

This does mean that the vast majority of my collection just happens to be a Williams. This might remind you all of someone...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2012 01:47PM by J i m.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy