Who plays GP4?

Posted by bazza 
Who plays GP4?
Date: February 11, 2003 04:48PM
Posted by: bazza
I was just wondering who here actually plays GP4, or GP3/2000?

I don't even have them installed anymore.

Only GPL and MOH:AA/MOH:AAS.

Baz

Re: Who plays GP4?
Date: February 11, 2003 04:51PM
Posted by: Pako
Same here buddy!

Date: February 11, 2003 05:20PM
Posted by: bigears
Well lately I have been playing GP3 more than GP4 as the desire for addons tempted me back to GP3.

Also I do the odd stint at GPL as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: February 11, 2003 05:44PM
Posted by: metal-mike
Yep, in terms of driving I play GPL, GP4, F12002, plus others...

Unfortunately I'm too busy to play them as often as I would like, I may go a couple of weeks without playing one or the other. I'm back on GP4 atm though.
Date: February 11, 2003 05:44PM
Posted by: kit-kat

you guy's serious!!! that you don't play gp4 anymore!!!
gp4 rocks it's the best by far (even though it has the bugs)
after playing gp4 gp3 & gp3 2000 look dated & crap!!!

I am in the middle of my 1st season in gp4 in ace level & as the box say " NOTHING GETS CLOSER!!!!"
Date: February 11, 2003 06:58PM
Posted by: Zcott
Since my wheel isn't working, I haven't done much racing in a long time. Been playing MS Flight Simulator 2002 a lot more. Flew one of Paul Stoddard's European Aviation 747 cargo planes today....man, it'd be pretty nerdy to fly one of those from Bologna Airport near Faenza right out to Melbourne for the first GP, wouldn't it...?

Date: February 11, 2003 10:59PM
Posted by: Habi
DoD, DoD, Dod, etc... ;)

Date: February 12, 2003 12:33AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Well GPL and DoD atm, but often the odd bit of raven shield (dont like it, but friends do) and gp4 with the 95 patch ;)

Date: February 12, 2003 01:31AM
Posted by: mortal
battlefield 1942 ;-) gpl and a little gp4 but not much lately, been playing trophy rally too :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 12, 2003 03:20AM
Posted by: matthewp
haven't had GP4 installed for months now, compared to GPL its rubbish IMO. Driving games i've got installed at the moment are GPL, GTR2002 and Nascar 2002.

Date: February 12, 2003 03:28AM
Posted by: Ellis
compared to GPL its rubbish IMO

I persoanlly think GPL is way over-rated. Having to break at 5000m, before the draw distance has even got that far. It just seems like a boring game to me.

Nascar 2002 is a DAM GOOD game. Thats a real sim that one!

GP4 kicks ass.

Other games installed

Colin McRae 2 (wuth updates its great)
Ghost Recon (And the add-on packs - Island Thunder and Desert Siege)
Sim City 4 (boring)
Total Imerssion Racing
Rainbow 6 (out of date but still fun)
Delta Force (heap of crap but cant be bothered uninstalling)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 12, 2003 04:34AM
"Having to break at 5000m, before the draw distance has even got that far. It just seems like a boring game to me."

what are you on about!? there;s never any problems with draw distance in GPL, and if you actually learn how to brake you can brake surprisingly late. you obviously weren't going fast enough :D

Date: February 12, 2003 04:42AM
Posted by: Ellis
you obviously weren't going fast enough

If i wasnt going fast enough then i cud brake later :P lol

I just think the game is miles over-rated and the only thing ppl really play it for is online play

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 12, 2003 04:59AM
online play is a big reason for GPL's sustained popularity as is its unrivalled (in racing games) online community. but thats not the only reason, GPL is the only sim where I hotlap for fun, all the others are only fun for any decent amount of time if you're racing

Date: February 12, 2003 05:01AM
Posted by: andrew_S
its not a 2002 game ellis its 1967....... you have to brake later..... its all part of the simulation....
Date: February 12, 2003 06:18AM
Posted by: sasjag
lol, te only reason i play GPL is like Ellis said, for online racing
i hve GP4 on my PC, but i ain't playd it in ages, waiting for a certain Mod to come out ;)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 12, 2003 06:21AM
Posted by: Orpheus
i play atm:

Gp4 ... no bugs = RoCks
gpl ..online play mostly but very addictive nevertheless
UT2003.... mods mods and MORE mods ;)

now and again i play:
sim city4
MOHAA
motocross madmess 2
F1 2002
WWP (worms world party)
LFS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: February 12, 2003 09:23AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Delta Force a heap of crap?! You're joking right? You must be.That game ROCKS. Its even more fun online. I can only imagine you're complaining about the gfx being poor, but we all put up with gp3's gfx so it can't be that!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: February 12, 2003 09:40AM
Posted by: ThePredictor
Unistalled GP4 ages ago without any regret. Bottom point is that the way the game felt or the challenge it offered was still just like GP2. Six years later it has just no depth anymore, without even mentioning the bugs or the total absence of online play.
No internet play in 2002 is being evoluted like a dyno and without competition with other humans a game so easy and simple like GPx becomes quickly boring.
Just GPL right now - it is from a very different league - but waiting for Doom3 too.

Post Edited (02-12-03 16:42)

Be ready!
Date: February 12, 2003 10:34AM
Posted by: Morbid
I am hard pressed for time to play computer games, but GP4 does get a lot of my gaming attention. I am still very hooked, and if I could get to grips with Hungary and Monaco (very :-(, here) then I would embark on my championship season.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy