HELP, installing GPL

Posted by G_Force 
HELP, installing GPL
Date: February 11, 2003 11:17PM
Posted by: G_Force
I just finally bought Grand Prix Legends after years of trying to track it down and now it won't install properly, whenver i try to install it, it gets all the way through before a warning message pops up saying that it can't install "wininet.dll", I've searched the CD and it doesn't appear to be on the CD.

Can anybody please help me, i really wanna play this game!

oh yeah, and im running WinXP pro.

Post Edited (02-12-03 06:20)

----------
[timblair.net]
----------
Homer Simpson: "Well i would like to live long enough to see the effects of global warming, cos i've got an inside line that its all a load of crap"
Re: HELP, installing GPL
Date: February 12, 2003 12:44AM
Ok i seem to have figured that one out myself, now i've got another question though, how do i set up the controls to use a keyboard? at the moment it is only allowing me to configure the controls for a joystick.

----------
[timblair.net]
----------
Homer Simpson: "Well i would like to live long enough to see the effects of global warming, cos i've got an inside line that its all a load of crap"
Date: February 12, 2003 05:04AM
Posted by: andrew_S
you have to use the num pad, there was a patch for GP2 keys back yonks ago at the fast lane, but thats closed down now, i wouldnt recomend gpl with a keybord
Date: February 12, 2003 06:03AM
Posted by: Orpheus
keyboard is ok. i use it and can do fairly quick times ;-) just takes a bit to get used to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: February 12, 2003 06:05AM
Posted by: sasjag
hey, Orpheus id back :P

(and he kicks ass with the keyboard in GPL tw)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 12, 2003 01:28PM
Posted by: Glyn
GPL is ok with the keyboard because I used to play it like that. Your just stuck when you need op-lock though.

Date: February 12, 2003 03:48PM
OK, yeah thanks a lot for that, Ive got it going now.

yeah, i have no doubt that GPL would be a bit easier with a steering wheel or joystick, but i cant afford either at the moment!, so ill just have to persevere with the KB, it still seems to be an awesome game though, the physics are absolutely amazing.

----------
[timblair.net]
----------
Date: February 12, 2003 03:50PM
Posted by: ThePredictor
AFAIK there is a guy in Russia who managed to have a rank about -25 with the keyboard!

Be ready!
Date: February 13, 2003 01:01PM
How much cash have you got G_Force? You'll be amazed how cheap non force feedback wheels are these days.

Date: February 13, 2003 01:03PM
Posted by: sasjag
"AFAIK there is a guy in Russia who managed to have a rank about -25 with the keyboard!"

one of my Mates, KAran, at my other board, he has -27 with the keyboard

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 13, 2003 06:58PM
I've got about 1000 aussie dollars in the bank, but im just about to start uni, and i dont have a ob and am too lazy to get one at the moment so i need to save all the money ive got, which means that ive got to sacrifice some things.

i have noticed that joysticks and wheels are coming down in price a fair bit though, as soon as i get some spare cash ill buy something.

----------
[timblair.net]
----------
Date: February 14, 2003 01:01PM
Could you spare money for a cheapo joystick do you think?

Date: February 14, 2003 05:47PM
lol, Ive been thinking very strongly about it, especially after playing GPL all yesterday with a KB!

----------
[timblair.net]
----------
Date: February 15, 2003 09:45AM
A cheapo joystick is £15, a cheap wheel is £25 (i think). I'd go for it. Have a night in and you'll save that much.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy