Who plays GP4?

Posted by bazza 
Re: Who plays GP4?
Date: February 12, 2003 11:40AM
Posted by: _Alex_
GPL is the only sim where I hotlap for fun

Oh come on, Matt, how about our Gp4 hotlap contest for Nurburgring and Silverstone, that was pretty fun! However quick I went you'd always go two tenths quicker! ;-(

I'm only playing GPL, a NASCAR Racing 2003 demo, and...errm... Gene-rally! Still can't pull myself away from that little beauty! I played MOHAA really intensley for a short period of time (until I completed it), and now I'm considering getting the Spearhead add-on for a new challenge. I successfully managed to quash my severe Counter-Strike addiction about a year ago! I occasionally have a bash at Max Payne, but GPL is and will be for a very long time, my most favouritest game ever :p

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 12, 2003 11:48AM
Posted by: Zcott
Max Payne is a fantastic game. Thoroughly incredible, and the graphics are pretty hot. Still, a bit too easy!

Date: February 12, 2003 11:56AM
Posted by: matthewp
"
Oh come on, Matt, how about our Gp4 hotlap contest for Nurburgring and Silverstone, that was pretty fun! However quick I went you'd always go two tenths quicker"

that was fun :) but with GPL I dont even need to be in a competition with someone for it to be fun, its just enjoyable to go for a spin (literally :) ) at the Cooper at the Nurburgring. although GPL rank may have something to do with this, its great to be able to monitor your progress and compare it to other people. It also has contributed a lot to GPLs lengevity

Date: February 12, 2003 11:57AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Author: sasjag
Date: 02-12-03 13:18

lol, te only reason i play GPL is like Ellis said, for online racing
i hve GP4 on my PC, but i ain't playd it in ages, waiting for a certain Mod to come out

Avril mod isnt being made im afraid :';(

DTM mod is :D

Date: February 12, 2003 11:58AM
Posted by: sasjag
lol, cheeky git...

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 12, 2003 12:00PM
btw i noticed something interesting

"cheeky git" is "tig ykeehc" backwards.......amazing eh? :)

Date: February 12, 2003 01:23PM
Posted by: Glyn
Ive currently been playing C&C Generals and NASCAR 2003 at the moment. They are truly excellent games. GP4 still has its place though, and thats why Windows says its my most used application :)

Date: February 12, 2003 02:22PM
Posted by: bazza
I played MOHAA really intensley for a short period of time (until I completed it), and now I'm considering getting the Spearhead add-on for a new challenge.

If you only want it for sinle player then I suggest you don't bother Alex. It's shorter than the original and afaik no more challenging. I never touched the single-player though, so it's just what I've heard from my clan.

However the multpilayer is awesome, great new maps, a new game mode and new weapons and nationalities. I know you only have 56k, (you do, right?) but even still it's worth playing MOHAA online. You might struggle with Spearhead though. Can be very laggy.

Baz

Date: February 12, 2003 02:35PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Cheers for that, Bazza - the original was pretty short and the add-on is relatively expensive, so perhaps I'll wait a few years until it's become one of those free gifts you get with internet orders :P

Post Edited (02-12-03 21:36)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 13, 2003 02:57AM
Posted by: Ellis
its not a 2002 game ellis its 1967....... you have to brake later..... its all part of the simulation....

I thot u wud have to brake earlier in a 1967 game? I just find it one of the most boring games in the world. It doesnt feel like anything special to me. I wud rather be playing the Sims and that can make me fall asleep as the keyboard its so boring.

And i enver said it was a 200 game :P I just find it incredibly bad and im sure that there are some ppl like me who only play it cos it has good net code

Delta Force a heap of crap?! You're joking right? You must be.That game ROCKS. Its even more fun online. I can only imagine you're complaining about the gfx being poor, but we all put up with gp3's gfx so it can't be that!

correction on my part- Dcelta Force 2

that game is pile of sh!te!I wud so take it back but it came with Rainbox 6 and taking one back means they want both!

the Gfx are poor, but s is Rainbox 6 and that game rocks.

the fact that its buggy and needed patched to work under XP....and was still buggy annoyed me. Games like Rainbox six run great and it is old, but this one runs like a one legged dog!

It claims to be a realistic first person shooter........well packing it in with Rainbox 6 was a hugh mistake then :).

I have Ghost Recon, and this game rocks. only bout 10 time sbetter in every department than Delta force is, or was.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 13, 2003 08:32AM
Posted by: genesis
"perhaps I'll wait a few years until it's become one of those free gifts you get with internet orders"

oooooooooooookay.....:P

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: February 13, 2003 08:59AM
Posted by: andrew_S
ellis i meant earlier, and i dont know how going round in some of the best gp cars of all time, in one of the best seasons ever, powersliding the car on the throtle through the corners on the ring is boring at all.....
Date: February 13, 2003 12:51PM
I have to agree Andrew. Even if you dont like the standard tracks then try some of the made up ones that are truly fantastic to drive.

Date: February 14, 2003 03:27AM
Posted by: Ellis
nd i dont know how going round in some of the best gp cars of all time, in one of the best seasons ever, powersliding the car on the throtle through the corners on the ring is boring at all...

I didnt mean the season or the racing is crap, i mean the GAME!

I like F1, but that suddenly doesnt mean i like F1 2002 does it :P

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 14, 2003 05:00AM
Posted by: bazza
It's cool Alex. It is a good game, but just not very long. There are new weapons and stuff with the Russian and UK soldiers, but unless you are going to play it online then it is too similar to MOHAA, but very short.

Baz

Date: February 14, 2003 01:08PM
I didnt mean the season or the racing is crap, i mean the GAME

Fair enough, but what dont you like about the GAME exactly?

Date: February 14, 2003 02:06PM
Now bf1942 .... thats good online :D

STill prefer dod, but it was fun giving flying the mustang under bridges with habi in the gunner seat ;)

Date: February 14, 2003 02:09PM
Posted by: tux
/me looks at installed game collection...

gp4
gp4 again (league install, for the carset etc :P)
lfs
rally trophy
gpl
nfs hp2
f1 2002
virtua tennis
tennis masters 2003
monopoly tycoon
sim city 4
red alert 2
rollertoaster cytoon 1 & 2
gt racing 2002 (f12002 mod)
jimmy whites 2
virtua pool 3
mafia
hl
cs
dod
hl: op force
hl: blue shift

got more but cant be botherd to type any more :P

Date: February 14, 2003 02:19PM
ur hard drive is too big!

mines only 20gb :P

Date: February 14, 2003 02:21PM
Posted by: tux
lol, my games folder is 80gig :D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy