GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
CaptinFranko schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guys I have a major apology to make. My windows
> partition seems to have contracted a virus meaning
> that I need to reinstall it, however I do not have
> the install disc with me at the moment. That means
> I am unable to run the qualifying and race at this
> time. I am very sorry about this.

No problem mate. Such things happen. I'll take over for the qualifying and the race. I don't have too much time, so the coverage won't be 300+ screens for the race, but it'll definitely do it. I'll run the qualifying now, should be up later tonight. Race will be online tomorrow.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
10Th... not a bad result but I was hoping for more this weekend. *packs bags*(B)

____
Addrodoc Wrote:
> Same position as last time out and Connor's gone
> and overtaken me in the championship. Not the
> result I wanted. I hope the race drivers can do
> better for the SCR fans here.

Yehh! I can honestly say im pleased about that, no offence ;). Decent practise for both Christel cars, good to see my name back in the points again!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Okay guys, both the qualifying and the race have been run and won. Qualifying coverage will be up a little later tonight.

Well that team boost has clearly worked a treat ;)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Welcome all you interested people, to Round 13 of the GPGSL at Philip Island. Officially announced as the Oceanic GP, this is in fact another home race for two of the drivers. First, of course, current championship leader Ed Greenhalgh, who is supposed to bring home another victory and if possible also the pole position. The other guy is future team boss Glen Sheppard. It's quite sure that he'll be in the mood to show a good fight at his home track to say goodbye to all his fans.

The session has started and first man out is Jack Ellecker. It's not really surprising that he takes the pole for a little while.

It even lasts for two drivers, but then...

...comes local hero and does what he can do best!

Further results come in, but Greenhalgh's time seems to be worth something already.

Or isn't it? Brazilian driver Rodrigo Vilela snatches it away from Greenhalgh by only a margin!

Greidanus is not able to be the time, but he's really close, too.

More drivers are finishing their first run.

Aleksander struggling with his pace. Only 9th, that won't be satisfying enough!

Out of the blue comes Warrington, the new pole king! 4 tenth of a second...that is a word!

Maverick is quick, too, but he has no chance against this magical time from Warrington!

Silvestre trying to pay back for the trust that was put into him. 13th might not be a good omen though.

And here comes Pedersen! Christel has shown a good pace over the season, but this 2nd place is a bit unexpected though. Let's see how long it'll last.

Silvestre gets rid of the 13th when Horvath snatches it away.

The first runs are over, here are the first results.

Cartwright is first on the track this time and improves to 7th!

Shortly after Greenhalgh wants his 2nd back!

And other local hero, Sheppard, makes the crowd cheer too, when he takes 5th.

Not for long though, Alexander fights back and takes this 5th from Sheppard.

An exemplary example. Rodriguez is hold up by a Minardi. It seems that some drivers weren't paying much attention here, as Rodriguez isn't by far the only victim.

But the crowd cheers again. Greenhalgh improves his time, it's not good enough though to catch his teammate. But why should AMR complain. They have another 1-2 at the moment.

And Sheppard is still trying to work closer...but it's still not enough for a better place.

Out of nowhere, Ben Johnson wants to be the best of the rest! 3rd place for him, Mr. van Smirren will be delighted if it stays like this.

TSS, future TMS, are struggling here. 9th for Greidanus will still not be good enough if the team wants to stay 2nd in the championship...or even want to attack AMR!

Oops. And that's definitely not good enough to threaten his teammate. Greenhalgh totally off the pace in this round.

But he has his second already, Jalving has much a bigger problem being only 17th.

Did I just complain about Greidanus? Seems he heard me. 3rd for him, vanSmirren's mood will just have lowered.

And Rodriguez doesn't complain about being hold off earlier. He just makes his thing and takes 4th. Do I see tears at vanSmirren there?

Same old thing for Sheppard. He tries and tries and tries...but it won't get any better.

Aleksander still only in 9th. He should hurry up in finding the necessary tenths.

Snake driver Karjalainen also fighting rather at the end of the field.

It follows a rather boring middle sector of the qualifying with no big jumps. To spare you that same boredom, we only give a few examples of drivers struggling suddenly. It looks like the grip level has changed. Are these tyres now as sensible as the Pirellis are???

Finally somebody with a better time. Jalving! But it only brings him 11th though.

But Aleksander attacks for the pole! In the first sector he burns the best sector time in the asphalt!

He loses a bit in sector two but is still very close! Will Warrington's fabulous time from the start of the session be dropped now?

NO! It won't. But it's enough to let AMR lose their 1-2. Oh oh...now I see tears at Stuart Ingers.

Karjalainen makes a good jump to 13th. What was it with that 13th again?

Hunsley doing his best to get in a position for points.

And Greenhalgh won't make Ingers happy again. Not with this time!

And it gets even worse! Maverick goes really close to Warrington and Aleksander! And Greenhalgh goes back one more place. Could somebody please bring Ingers a tissue?

Aleksander wants more. But not this time.

And Greenhalgh gives it a last desperate try. Better than before, but he stays at 4th. Maybe MPR's main sponsor will bring Ingers a bottle later to cheer him up.

But then again, AMR gets the pole anyway, as new pole-king Warrington did his job brilliantly today! One amazing drive at the start of the session is enough to bring it home! Hence, here are the results of the qualifying:

Congratulations go to John Warrington for the pole at Philip Island!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
8th and 17th is okay. I thought Michael might be on for something really special but 8th is a good start. We really need to work on Saturdays for Jack to try and get qualifying sorted.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Sorry to all you guys for the Arabic looking hieroglyphics in the box. I was sure that the standings there would still be readable when I scale down the pictures. Obviously they're not. I thought it would be nice to have a look at the standings all the time. Hence why I left them in. Same will be for the race, I'm afraid, as it's already run and I had the same idea there :-(

Carlos got another good starting position. Rodrigo on the other hand will probably have a tough afternoon, but we could very well score some points here.

JohnMaverick Schreef:
> Sorry to all you guys for the Arabic looking
> hieroglyphics in the box. I was sure that the
> standings there would still be readable when I
> scale down the pictures. Obviously they're not. I
> thought it would be nice to have a look at the
> standings all the time. Hence why I left them in.
> Same will be for the race, I'm afraid, as it's
> already run and I had the same idea there :-(

Don't worry John, it happens ;-)

Very strong qualifying for us - Hopefully we can get some more solid points in the race

oh well, i guess i'm getting used

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Finally a decent result! hoping for some points!

@John, maybe you can resize the pictures a little less - might make it more readable? Most monitors support a little bigger size I suppose ;-)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
MDBSnake schrieb:
> Finally a decent result! hoping for some points!
>
> @John, maybe you can resize the pictures a little
> less - might make it more readable? Most monitors
> support a little bigger size I suppose ;-)

Yeah, I had that idea, too. Fortunately I haven't resized the race pictures yet. So prepare for 1024 width size for the race.

10th place on the grid is not too bad for me. Shame i missed the boost deadline, otherwise things may have been looking a hell of a lot happier!

Oh well, time to go for a walk to another teams garage to speak to a driver about making our planned announcement.
Given that Phillip Island is just 1hr drive from my home, and co-incidentally fairly close to Demon Racing teams HQ, we will probably smuggle in our first confirmed driver, for a seat fitting. The team has 1 car prepared, with this drivers name on it, just to impress him..... Not sure if the media will have anyone in attendance at this occasion....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
That's rather disappointing, I am the Jenson Button of Christel!

with boost......... this is shame
Wow, that was nice. Another great qualy, but I don't want to repeat Spa's enormous dissapointment. I need to repeat Monza's success!

As Stefan said, Rodrigo will have a difficult time but scoring is perfectly possible.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Wow! Nice work guys! Another fantastic pole for JW, well done mate! Fourth is great for Ed, you can make up places there mate.

Damn onions! ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
I might be offline for a few days, dead computer. :-(

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Owen Edwards @oensan 27m
Excellent! Much better performance from the whole team. Leaves us in a great position to score points tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy