GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
We used a 5bhp boost, where is is the f***ing pace???

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
No surprises in that session.
Hope for a double DNF for AMR. hot

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Thats not what I hoped for! Well, it better then starting in front and scoring no points/ending up with a DNF.

Lets hope from here I can get some pace and climb up the field, my set-up is focussed on the race..

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
5th row for the team, average...

:(
Why did I even try to qualify?

Demon Racing Press Release - First Driver Announcement

Team Owner Glen is proud to announce the signing of his first driver to join the team for Season 8.
We proudly introduce Jake Legge as one of our race drivers, after some extensive discussions. Demon Racing has followed Jake over the past, and see strong potential in him. We would like to thank ART for allowing talks between Jake and team owner Glen.

Glen looks forward to working with Jake, and helping him develop as a driver, and hope to provide him with competitive machinery in the future. So, welcome to Demon Racing, Jake Legge.

More driver announcements are expected to be made over the next few race meetings.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Another great pole position. Managed to hook up a great lap. Driving in practice has really helped my qualifying pace

Big congratulations Jake! Sad to see you leave the team, but nice to see you're progressing in your career. It's been a pleasure to work here with you this season, and it will surely be in the remaining rounds. So now let's keep up ART's good job, and next season we'll meet as rivals ;-)

Oh and be sure to keep ART's Official Bulletproof Vest, you can change the sponsors, but you'll need it ;)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Jake Legge's reaction

"I am really looking forward to Season 8, and having the opportunity to race for Demon is such a nice thing to happen. I feel I've got a lot to give and I hope that I can help get this team challenging for points on a regular basis.

"I've got such enormous respect for Glen and want to repay the faith he's shown in me, so obviously there's a lot of incentive to really push myself and I really look forward to working with him. I want to thank the ART team for a generally successful time with them; Stefan, Carlos and Rod have been very supportive during my stay and I hope to really provide a strong finish to the year. It's not been an easy season for the team, but I hope we can really get some nice points before the curtain draws.

"I'm really looking forward to the challenge next season, and want to try my best to beat my team-mate. Although I've got an inkling of who that might be, you never know what will happen; it's confirmed when it's confirmed. Bring on Season 8!"

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
8th! fantastic! =) Lets keep it up!
lost for words...

My GPGSL Career
good to be on front row.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Well, let's go...

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
A solid qualifying, looking forward to the race!

X (@ed24f1)
GPGSL Round 13: Philip Island. Race Day. Part 1

Welcome back to Philip Island! Round 13 of the GPGSL series. And we have RACE DAY! What can the local heroes Ed Greenhalgh and Glen Sheppard do from P4 and P10? And how about Southern Cross Racing with Aussie teamboss Mal Stoddart? The crowds have lots of people to cheer to, for sure.

A brief glance and the weather radar shows that their is no rain expected and we should have a dry and hence fair race.

And here we go. The drivers are lined up at the grid. The race is about to start every second.

All 5 lights are off. Who we get the best start here?

The lights are out and the drivers are on their way!

Greenhalgh had a brilliant start! He has already passed both Maverick and Alexander and is even attacking his team mate Warrington into the first curve!

It looks like he's gonna make it while Maverick loses more places and has to fight against Ben Johnson in his Minardi!

AMR and TSS paired up. It's looking like Greenhalgh and Greidanus might have the better ends in the respective fights.

And it goes on like this in the midfield. Maverick and Johnson, Rodriguez and Pedersen and both TNRs along with Jack Hunsely are in a fight for taking the advantage of the first round.

At the front, Greenhalgh everything went as predicted but Greidanus is on his way to 2nd, which would mean another lost place for Warrington. These first curves are simply chaotic!

And we see it goes on like this in the midfield. So many drivers soooo close together.

Also Aleksander has passed Warrington! And Greidanus is in the fight for the lead with Greenhalgh! No chance for him this time, though.

Kittleson has lost the fight against Maverick and is now closely followed by Rodriguez and Pedersen who both want to take advantage from that.

And the two TNRs are very close to each other, too. The crowd wants Sheppard to pass his team mate, though. And he's definitely trying.

We're still in the first round and this hard right corner is a good location to overtake. Several drivers, including Sheppard, try their luck now, while the track looks like it was full of bees! The width of the track definitely gives a good spectacle!

Rodriguez has somehow managed to catch both Johnson and Maverick, who then again is under pressure from Johnson now. Maybe he had a little mistake there.

But no luck for Johnson while Greidanus runs a little wide in the long left curve! This gives Aleksander a chance for an attack.

He takes over 2nd!

And Greidanus is now even under attack from Warrington. And believe it or not, but we're still in the first round! So much action here at the start.

Warrington gives it a try, but fails. The same is for Maverick against Rodriguez.

And they're still so damn close together! Everybody could make a move against everybody here!

The top of the field finally ends the first round and Rodriguez has a look at Warrington's outside.

But the AMR driver has too much experience to allow this and keeps his 4th.

But Rodriguez isn't impressed by that! This time he takes the inside...

...and WINS! A great maneuver from the ART rookie driver.

Meanwhile Maverick has to defend against Pedersen.

He not only manages that, but also attacks Warrington at the same time!

However, let's have a look to the rest of the field. Even the more here, the drivers are lined up like in a row! Everybody is waiting for his chance.

Back to the action with another pair attack. Maverick goes at the inside of Warrington and Johnson tries his luck with Pedersen!

But OH NO! While Warrington and Maverick keep it civilized with Maverick pulling back to avoid a collision, Johnson isn't that smart and bumps into the side of Pedersen!

Pedersen loses control over the car and starts to slide to the gravel...

...totally loses control over the car...

...and crashes into the barrier. That's a quick end of Pedersen's working day and a big loss for Christel, as he was on a good way to a bunch of points.

Meanwhile we see that Horvath lost two positions to Sheppard and Jalving but tries to catch the latter again.

And the review shows that Johnson, after the bump into Pedersen, also lost control over his car and hit the gravel, too. He can continue but loses a bunch of places...actually he's dead last after this. Really not a very smart maneuver.

Back to the MPR - TNR battle. Jalving still under attack from Horvath.

And this time it's too much. Horvath goes to the inside and catches Jalving.

Further on top of the field, Maverick makes a move against Warrington.

And as already said, this is a good corner. He easily outbrakes Warrington.

His team mate Jalving also fought back, obviously, and Horvath now even has to fight with Cartwright. Aussie team boss Stoddart will cheer.

Followed by Aleksander, Greenhalgh takes the fastest lap.

And Cartwright tries once more to take Horvath.

But he fails again. The power of the TNR at the long straight is impressive.

Finally things settle a bit, which gives us time to have a look at the standings after 3 completed rounds:

Oh...Sheppard locks up a bit but it has no consequences. This corner is really tricky to break though.

Well, obviously there is a bit of a consequence, as Jalving and Horvath come closer again.

Greidanus takes the fastest lap. If he goes on like this, he might catch Aleksander soon.

And here's the visual proof. He's definitely closing in!

Meanwhile Cartwright lost contact to Horvath and is now in the middle of a fight with Hunsley.

For now it's his victory though.

The master does what he can do best and leads the grid. Every time when he passes the long straight, a laola is performed by the crowd.

Horvath's tyres seem to have recovered, he know attacks Jalving for 8th!

Jalving drives very hard, tries to push Horvath out on the grass! That reminds me a bit of Schumacher vs. Barrichello!

And Horvath is smart enough to give up for now. Very hard but fair defending there.

And Horvath knew why he gave up. He repositions himself and just a few curves later he has the inside. This'll be an easy pass now.

From Thomas' onboard cam we see somebody out in the gravel!

It's Vilela. He managed to avoid a hit in the barrier but is way down the field now.

Horvath seems to have an impressive pace now as he also passed Sheppard, who is now followed by Jalving and Hunsley behind.

Driving onboard with Silvestre, who has a quiet race so far, we see that Greidanus drives another fastest round.

But back to the action. Hunsley taking the inside of Jalving!

But Jalving shuts the door and gets a chance to take Sheppard at the same time! He will fail though.

Hopefully Cartwright won't get hungry there in the MAC sandwich.

Jalving still not giving up on Sheppard.

And Greidanus is really close to Aleksander now. Will we see a move there soon?

Maverick takes the fastest lap while we see Hinz preparing for a move on Cartwright.

And here is the predicted move from Greidanus against his team mate!

No success this time though. Aleksander stays in front.

But Greidanus tries it a second time at the long straight.

Aleksander is also defending very hard...

...and again manages to keep his position.

Meanwhile Hunsley goes for Sheppard!

But Sheppard has the better traction and can retake his position.

In return this move brings Hinz close to his team mate now.

But Hunsley doesn't give out and attacks Sheppard once more. This time he takes the outside!

...and is through!

Time for a little commercial brake. Enjoy the stupid commercials, take the time to buy their stupid products and then we'll see again soon for the next part of this exciting race!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Plenty of tv time for me so far, but i seem to be fading! Must be a bad set of tyres! A fresh set of rubber can't come soon enough.....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Carlos is hanging in there, too bad Rodrigo took a trip into the kitty litter, without that his chances of scoring points would have been much better.

GPGSL Round 13: Philip Island. Race Day. Part 2

And we're back from our commercial break and continue with the action on track. Yummy. This ice-cold Heinecken beer is really good!

Vilela is still struggling at the end of field after his gravel ride earlier.

Meanwhile Greidanus starts the first round of pit stops after exactly one third of the race has been driven.

While he is in there, a whole bunch of drivers passes the long straight! Really, they are like bees, using every possible inch of the track! Hopefully this will work out at the end of the straight.

They're still so close together when they approach the curve. And...OH NO! Drama for Greidanus. He comes out directly behind this whole group!

They're still fighting hard into the next corners.

And Kittleson brakes wrong which makes him being caught by Elleker and Silvestre, one taking the inside, the other one the outside.

And here's the proof of what we already feared. Greidanus' stop was maybe too early and he finds himself 17th with a lot of traffic before him. This will ruin his chance to use his fresh tyres. Not very good strategy work there from TSS.

Hopefully they'll make it better with current leader Aleksander, who has taken over the lead when Greenhalgh entered the pits.

And another OH NO comes from the crowd. Sheppard overdoes it and hits the gravel in that tricky left corner.

He smashes into the wall! That's it for the second Australian hope. Very sad for him.

But, OH GOD! BE CAREFUL! Cartwright makes exactly the same mistake, also smashes into the wall and hits Sheppard's car which is just about to be transported off. Luckily the guy can make a big jump and avoid being hit by Sheppard's car. DRAMA HERE AT PHILIP ISLAND! Of course that also ends Cartwright's race.

Meanwhile Karjalainen has enough of Kittleson and shows a clean overtake.

Maverick enters the pits from second.

Greidanus has worked back to 5th after more people entered the pits. But how much time will he have lost? Remember, before the stops he was on a good way to 2nd again.

Maverick comes back out in 4th, behind Greenhalgh in 3rd and Aleksander and Warrington who're yet to pit.

Aleksander follows immediately at the end of the round.

And so does Warrington.

Oops, some little off time for Somogyi there. But no damage for him, he can continue rather quickly.

Both Snake cars, as well as Kittleson and Vilela continue to give a good show to the crowd.

Aleksander comes back out close to Greenhalgh, but again behind.

Maverick has taken 3rd because of TSS's bad strategy with Greidanus.

And even Warrington comes out before Greidanus, but they're in direct fight now, with Greidanus having the warmer tyres.

And that helps Greidanus to take back 4th from Warrington.

Meanwhile Kittleson has catched the first Snake car and is now on his way to take the second, with Vilela trying to take advantage from it.

A bit further behind, these three cars show a nice rainbow color effect, don't they?

Edwards wants his position back, he won't make it this time though.

And team mate Karjalainen has to defend hard against Silvestre.

But there's again dust coming from the gravel! It's...it's again Vilela who hit the barrier this time. This is the end of a rather crappy race for him.

Team mate Rodriguez now even the more wants to bring home a good result for the team and attacks Horvath.

No success this time though. The TNR top speed is still very good. Anyway, let's have a look at the standings:

Aleksander staying close to Greenhalgh. He hasn't given up this win yet.

Again dust in the gravel. This time it's Silvestre who makes a huge jump. But he can go on and his car doesn't seem to be damaged. It's really amazing how much these GPGSL cars can take.

And the corner got its next victim. Maybe it should get renamed to the Black Mamba, waiting patiently for its victims. This time it's Karjalainen who ruins a really good position.

And honestly! Now this corner starts to scare me. Karjalainen is only gone for a few seconds and there comes the next. It's...oh no, Greidanus!

He can go on but lost a few places from it. At least he doesn't have to wait for the end of the grid.

But back to the top of the field. Aleksander attacks Greenhalgh!

And he's through! Aleksander takes the lead!

He was given 3 laps to extend this lead before he has to come to the pits now. Just like Greidanus before, this is a rather early pit stop again. Will it work out this time?

Greenhalgh doesn't follow and consequently retakes the lead.

Others follow though, like Rodriguez who is still in a good position for a bunch of points.

Johnson is back in 13th after his early crash with Pedersen. From his onbaord we can see that Rodriguez comes back out in 12th and is about to have a look at Ellecker's inside.

Meanwhile Greidanus has to fight against Hinz. Both are yet to stop and MAC show a really good race here. Clean racing, good speed and they're profiting from all the trouble before them. Seems like their big boost works out here.

Aleksander comes back out in 6th but has a totally clean track. Looks like the TSS guys have learned from their mistake.

Meanwhile Maverick wants to use his chance. He's decreasing the gap to Greenhalgh.

And team mate Jalving fights with Johnson for some valuable points. Jalving has stopped twice though, while Johnson wasn't in yet for his second stop.

Hence why Jalving decides to take it slow and simply wait for Johnson to go in.

Or not? Johnson misses the breaking point and locks up.

Easy pass then for Jalving.

And while he watch Rodriguez who finally shows a good speed AND reliability today, Greenhalgh enters the pits.

Hence this brings Maverick the provisional lead.

And Greenhalgh once again comes out really close before Aleksander!

But the latter has the warmer tyres and more speed from the straight and catches Greenhalgh in the next curve! This is so exciting!

Maybe Maverick can be the lucky third in this game! With Greenhalgh and Aleksander fighting and holding up each other, where will he come out after his stop?

Warrington pits from 2nd. He doesn't have enough of a gap to come out before fighting Aleksander and Greenhalgh, but he should get back on track in a safe 4th.

But another drama for AMR! Greenhalgh is out in the gravel! Unseen by the camera but checked later, he simply overdid it in his try to come close to Aleksander and hit the gravel. Even more bad luck for him that he has to wait long before he can enter the track again. He's down to 14th! Gone is all the hope of the crowd to see an Aussie winner here.

Maverick knows that it's now or never to enter the grid. With Aleksander having a clear track now, he has to use this chance if he wants to fight for the win.

Team mate Jalving also misses the curve a bit. He only loses 3 positions though and can go on rather quickly.

Back to the top. Maverick has left his pits and is on his way out. Aleksander is hitting the straight. Oh...this will get soooo close!

Maverick comes out before Aleksander! But remember what Aleksander did with Greenhalgh earlier in this race.

And so it comes as it has to come. Aleksander has way more speed from the straight and attacks Maverick again for P1.

With the warmer tyres he makes an easy pass at the outside and retakes the lead!

But what's that? Maverick doesn't give up! He risks everything and brakes late into the inside. And he's through again!

Meanwhile Greenhalgh messes up even more. Unseen by the camera there must have been a touch between Greenhalgh and Cartwright, with Cartwright facing the wrong side of the track. Greenhalgh has more luck, he can continue rather quickly but loses another two places. Cartwright needs to wait way longer.

And yet another one in the barrier. This time it's Greidanus throwing away all hopes for points, at least. He can continue, hasn't even damaged his car, but comes back on track in 16th, right after Greenhalgh.

And look at that. The drama continues. Also Horvath loses his nerves and throws away a bunch of points. He was P4 before the spin. But he has still a bit of luck. He only loses one place...

...that is to Rodriguez who suddenly finds himself in 4th! Really a great performance from the young driver today.

At the top of the grid, Aleksander doesn't want to give up yet. He gets closer again to Maverick.

Elleker meanwhile misses the breaking point and allows Edwards to slip through.

Look at that. Aleksander comes back! He's got 5 more rounds for an attack. That'll be 5 very long rounds for Maverick.

Warrington is in a safe 3rd now while Johnson takes the fastest lap somewhere further down the field.

Elleker wants his position back. He takes the inside and is through already...

...but Edwards doesn't give up like he should! He continues to attack and they wheels touch. Edwards is lifted into the air!

Hitting the track hard when he comes back down, his nose breaks into pieces! He was on his way to points!

But look at his car now. He'll have to make another pit stop for a new nose cone and that's it with points.

And...it was all for nothing from Edwards. Cause not long after Elleker hits the gravel, too with high speed!

And...OH MY GOSH! The gravel lifts him into the air and into a big spin!

The top of his car hits the ground...

...another 360 degree spin...and another lading on the top...

...before the car eventually lands back on tyres. And now look at that! The car isn't even damaged! What did I say earlier about the GPGSL cars? It's so true! Elleker can even continue to drive!

Meanwhile Warrington attacks for the leading drivers. But with only 3 rounds to go, he won't make it anymore without a mistake of the front two.

Kittleson has a look at Jalving in 8th. But that's not a serious attack yet.

Oh come on. The fight at the front is over because Karjalainen, who is about to be lapped, really blocks Aleksander. He lost 1 1/2 seconds on Maverick already.

Who, in return, brings in a new fastest lap on his way fresher tyres. But honestly, Karjalainen might get trouble after the race as he clearly blocked Aleksander there. This really ends the fight for the victory.

Finally...over half a lap later, Karjalainen finally lets pass Aleksander who is now 2.7 seconds behind Maverick with only one lap to go.

And you see it when Maverick enters the last corner. Nothing to be seen from Aleksander anymore.

Oh no! Before we can congratulate Maverick, who just passed the finish line, there's shocking news for Minardi. In the last round Kittleson destroyed his car, unfortunately unseen by the camera. It's very likely though that Kittleson also became a victim of the Black Mamba curve.

And then it's official. John Maverick wins the Philip Island GP after a totally chaotic race with a lot of action and even the more trouble.

Aleksander brings home a safe second and valuable points both for his team and himself in the championship.

Pole sitter Warrington fills the last place on the podium. He had some trouble at the start but then showed a good and constant pace.

Surprise of the day is definitely Rodriguez in 4th! After he messed up some good positions in earlier races, he was well-focused today and showed an A-performance. Very well deserved 4th place.

Horvath rescues 5th after his spin. Could have ended way worse for him, so he can be satisfied with this result, I think.

Hunsley taking 6th shows that the boost of MAC wasn't wasted. It might not have worked out very well in the qualifying, but therefore even the more in the race. Congratulations to a bunch of points for MAC.

And it gets even better for team owner McGregor, as his second driver Hinz finished straight after his team mate in 7th. This might be the best team result for MAC ever, but I'm not sure about that though.

Winner's team mate Charrel Jalving follows in 8th. It was hard race for him with lots of action. Maybe, without the trip in the gravel a bit more would have been possible. Now it's 8th though.

Ben Johnson recovered well from the early accident with Pedersen and eventually takes 9th. But this will make good only a little, as without this over-optimistic move, a lot more would have been possible.

Silvestre also had a really quiet race. And this is good for him as it brings him 10th position and 3 points for him and his team.

Because all of the trouble in the last 3 rounds, Greenhalgh even manages to snatch 11th and two points. Seems this guy either knows all or nothing! Either points or a DNF. Points this time.

Same goes for Cartwright. After he faced the track wrong-sided after the incident with Greenhalgh, he takes the last point in 12th. At least not a complete disaster for SCR here.

That's the end of our today's coverage and this really interesting race. Congratulations go to John Maverick and MPR for the win of the Oceanic GP at Philip Island.

Official results are about to come.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Official Results of GPGSL Round 13: Oceanic GP at Philip Island:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy