GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
Oceanic Grand Prix Test Session

Hello and welcome to live coverage of free practice here at Phillip Island for the Oceanic Grand Prix. There are a number of key battles developing in the test drivers Championship and with deubtant Joshua Copeman taking his first tentative steps into the GPGSL circus there could yet be more twists and turns to come. And here he is, sitting patiently in his TSS waiting to carry out all important testing and setup work.

We're underway and Van Smirren is first out...

Followed by Mcgregor and DeBoer who set fine pace between them

Nell and Gilson and Kittleson are next

Andrei Sevastien sets an early benchmark

Karjalainen comes through for fifth...

Followed by Matteo Scala, Steer and Mills

Shepperd and Paddock are through, Paddock showing good pace for MPR...

Jake Legge into 2nd

Ingers into 8th in a now performance capped AMR car

Davies and Stoddart are next through...

Warrington is on the front row so to speak...followed by Kederer

And there's Copeman! What a start from the youngster, srtaight through into first place...with his first run as well.

Gary Spencer will need more pace if he is to keep up in the championship chase...

The standings after the first runs...

We'll be back after a short break...

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Oceanic GP Test Session Part 2

Welcome back to Phillip Island after our short break. There is mayhem in the pitlane as the teams scurry about to turn their drivers around quickly...

DeBoer starts the second runs...and improves to 6th

Followed closely by a group of drivers close togther on the track...

Kittleson moves into 5th

He is followed by Davies and Sevastien

Van Renselaar pops into 11th...

Scala now 19th

Steer doesn't improve

Ingers now up to 4th

Both Snake cars come through

Here's Warrington still struggling for pace

A look at the standings at the halfway point...

A rare shot inside of Gilson's helmet signals the start of the next set of runs...and that there are some pigeons with very good aim ;)

A BIT OF DRAMA! At the start of his flying lap an AMR is released into his path. A lap long battle then ensues which spoils Gilsons lap...

Copeman's second run is somewhat less spectular than his first, although nobody has bettered him yet...

Scratch that! VAN SMIRREN DOES BY A WHISPER!

Stoddart, Sevastien and Paddock are through next...

Paddock shaves just 5 thousandths off the pole time...

The next three on track are through quickly...

Steer is showing good pace here, he's into 9th

He is followed through...

Ingers lowers the bar even more. There really is no stopping this AMR team at the moment...

Spencer improves to 8th...

Here are the standings after a frantic round of runs...

We'll return shortly...

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Really pleased with my first outing so far. I'm thrilled to have gone fastest on my first ever run. That's something to remember! Hopefully I can steal first back before the end of the session.
Test Session Part 3

Welcome back to the last part of live coverage of the test session here at Phillip Island.

More carnage in the pit lane...

DeBoer gets things underway again

Copeman has a slow third run and fails to improve

Gilson is the same

Nell into 16th

Steer continues to show good pace here and goes 6th. He is followed through by his team mate...

A great shot of Scala powering through to the end of the lap, with the TSS next to him diving into the pits...

Warrington is up at the second split

But then aborts his run...

Here is how we stand with 8 minutes left...

DeBoer starts the final set of runs...this finish is going to be frantic...

Copeman powers through the last corner. He was very close to Ingers throughout the lap...

And goes 2nd. Kederer follows him through...

Mills springs a last minute surprise and pips Ingers...

albeit it just...

Here are the standings with 3 minutes left...

However there are still a few drivers left who think they can make an impact...

And Legge just might. He is up at the second split...

But he can't make it stick...

Kederer is next to be up at the second split...

AND HE DOES MAKE IT STICK...AT THE VERY LAST MOMENT!! That's why he has a race drive for next season. A good show from Kederer and a perfectly timed run!

Here are the official Results...

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2012 08:36PM by GPGTV.org/farked.
Not what we were looking for.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
if nothing happens anymore with the results...

i refuse to be last, right? Was quite a nice session, not at the start, but at the end.
pipped at the end, gutted! nice coverage, good job! :)

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Not a good result; couldn't get a foothold in the last sector (but seriously, losing 0.3 of a second in the last sector is, well, bad.)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Perfect timing, a big thanks to the team for sending me out for my last run that late. Also congrats to Josh on a great debut!

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
My internet is so poor right now i loaded only the first couple of screenies. VanSmirren on pole after three minutes woo wooo:D
What a practise! Fantastic debut by Josh - well done mate I'll expect more of those from you. Tobi topping the session is yet another example of why he's taking the step up next season, AMR should be quaking in their boots!

Same position as last time out and Connor's gone and overtaken me in the championship. Not the result I wanted. I hope the race drivers can do better for the SCR fans here.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Guys I have a major apology to make. My windows partition seems to have contracted a virus meaning that I need to reinstall it, however I do not have the install disc with me at the moment. That means I am unable to run the qualifying and race at this time. I am very sorry about this.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Bottom of the pile again, just can't get the setup right, apologies to the team but this is just no good enough at the moment.
uh oh, doesn't look too good for mac

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Decent work from Connor and Gary and very impressive work from Josh on his debut, hopefully I can qualify in the top 10 this weekend

Top secret footage reveals Jake Legge lost the top time due to a squirrel on the track. It is rumored to be the same as in this video, possibly in Oz for vacations.

;)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Good job, Big Boss! It seems, Glen is concentrating more on the future than the peresent...:-)
nhorry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good job, Big Boss! It seems, Glen is
> concentrating more on the future than the
> peresent...:-)

Nah, fully concentrating on the present, when in TNR colours! Just testing out the hardware for you, Norbert!! ;-) As for the future, the Demon Racing Team may be set to announce a signing over the next day or two. Just putting a few final contractual pieces together.....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Not very pleased with this result, I think we could have done better, but at least we scored some points. Hopefully the rest of the weekend will go better :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy