GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
I'm of the belief drivers should have one helmet and one helmet only. As Martin Brundle says, it's like your signature.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
oensan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm of the belief drivers should have one helmet
> and one helmet only. As Martin Brundle says, it's
> like your signature.

I've had 3 different helmets, but mainly because the first 2 were @#$%&. I intend on keeping my current one, I just fancied a one-off for Silverstone...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Generally it's not that much of a big deal to change a helmet if it comes in appropriate tex file already. The bigger thing is to upload the mod then because of the changes. Hence why I can understand Stu's reaction.

There's no problem in having a new helmet every season and I must say I favor Maikel's idea of giving people the option to use a special helmet at 2-3 fixed races, e.g. 1st race, last race and one in between. This way the effort of changing the mod is kept low and people can nevertheless go on with their creativity.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
oensan Wrote:
> like your signature.

+1

I mean, in 20 years there will be no one fancying a Vettel helmet, it's more likely someone will use my design

oensan Wrote:
> like your signature.

Completely agree - I've had mine since my days in the w300!

oensan Wrote:
> like your signature.

As am I, I've kept the same basic design of mine, but it has changed quite a bit as my Photoshop skills improved

I'm not saying you can't change your helmets, just please keep it to a minimum. Also, plenty of notice will be much appreciated guys. I love it that you want to have special helmets, shows you're committed to the series, I applaud that :) (Y)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Did I not do a boost announcement? Sorry guys! Not been with it these last few days :-O

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Boost Announcement

Applications for team and driver boosts for round 14, Austrian Grand Prix, A1-Ring are now open. The closing date is 8pm BST Thursday 31st May. For team boost please use the subject "Team Boost - (team's name) - A1-Ring". For drivers boost "Driver Boost - (driver's name) - A1-Ring". Boost Applications must be sent to the GPGSL.

NOTE: All future boost windows will close t least 2 days after the current main race has been posted.

SEASON 7 Race Calendar and Weather Percentage

The GPGSL reserves the right to change venues for S7

Round 01: Melbourne - Australian GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 02: Surfers Paradise - Gold Coast GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 03: Suzuka - Japanese GP - Charrel Jalving - Martini Paddock Racing
Round 04: Montreal - Canadian GP - Norbert Horváth - True North Racing
Round 05: Road America - United States GP - Ruben Greidanus - Team Shadow Subaru
Round 06: Paul Ricard - French GP - Marko Aleksander - Team Shadow Subaru
Round 07: Zandvoort - Dutch GP - Glen Sheppard - True North Racing
Round 08: Spa-Francorchamps - Belgian GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 09: Dijon - Swiss GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 10: Monza - Italian GP - John Warrington - Aston Martin Racing
Round 11: Imola - San Marino GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 12: Interlagos - South American GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 13: Phillip Island - Oceanic GP - John Maverick - Martini Paddock Racing
Round 14: A1-Ring - Austrian GP AI Errors 40 Weather 25%
Round 15: Hungaroring - Hungarian GP AI Errors 40 Weather 0%
Round 16: Nürburgring - German GP AI Errors 40 Weather 75%
Round 17: Silverstone - British GP AI Errors 40 Weather 0% Silverstone 2009 by Willb

i'm one of those who thinks that there shouldn't be more than one-two helmet liveries changes per driver in one season: one for the home race and one for a 'goal reached' (100th race, or something like that), changing it more often seems a bit senseless to me, especially when the changes aren't so visible.

My GPGSL Career
I'm not usually one for special helmets, but I've made one for the season finale at Silverstone

.tga helmet files
[dl.dropbox.com]

Nice helmet, and a good cause!

X (@ed24f1)
I liked when special helmets were used only a few times during the season, or even not at all, but I'm against changing it every one or two races and making huge changes. I like to keep my layout but with a light change. To date I've used only one one-off helmet, last season at Jacarepaguá, and the only change was that it was full sky blue with black background, rather than multi-coloured.

Anyway, I totally understand you Stu, and my new helmet (not so different from this one) will be shown next season. Meanwhile I still love Maikel's idea.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
JackHammer Wrote:
> I'm not usually one for special helmets, but I've
> made one for the season finale at Silverstone
> [i286.photobucket.com]
> r76/clichelmet.png
>
> .tga helmet files
> [dl.dropbox.com]
> ar

Love it, Jack :-)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
i'm one of those who doesn't like purple, but I've to say that Jack's helmet is amazing :-)

My GPGSL Career
senna9194 Wrote:
> i'm one of those who doesn't like purple, but I've
> to say that Jack's helmet is amazing :-)

I'm the same, I really do like that helmet, and the cause that it supports. It is really bad that I have only just noticed that the two sides of Jacks helmet also have his initials on? oops :[

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

CaptinFranko Wrote:
> senna9194 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > i'm one of those who doesn't like purple, but
> I've
> > to say that Jack's helmet is amazing :-)
>
> I'm the same, I really do like that helmet, and
> the cause that it supports. It is really bad that
> I have only just noticed that the two sides of
> Jacks helmet also have his initials on? oops :[

I love a good bit of purple, not so keen on pink though
But how can you not notice, they're big letters!

Here's the finished article, if anyone's actually interested (plus special mention to team-mates past and present, don't think I've missed anyone...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2012 07:57PM by Incident 2k9.
looking forward to the A1 ring already. Hopefully I can keep up the pace I showed at Phillip Island.
One activity deadine has passed. The next one will be on the 9th June 2012 (9PM).

Now...so long as my internet holds out (the weather has gone bat**** mental - probably a week's rain in about ten minutes :-o), the report should be out before 10 PM my time :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy