GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
Boost Announcement

Applications for team and driver boosts for round 12, Brazilian Grand Prix, Interlagos are now open. The closing date is 8pm BST Monday 30th April. For team boost please use the subject "Team Boost - (team's name) - Interlagos". For drivers boost "Driver Boost - (driver's name) - Interlagos". Boost Applications must be sent to the GPGSL.

NOTE: All future boost windows will close 2 days after the current main race has been posted.

SEASON 7 Race Calendar and Weather Percentage

The GPGSL reserves the right to change venues for S7

Round 01: Melbourne - Australian GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 02: Surfers Paradise - Gold Coast GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 03: Suzuka - Japanese GP - Charrel Jalving - Martini Paddock Racing
Round 04: Montreal - Canadian GP - Norbert Horváth - True North Racing
Round 05: Road America - United States GP - Ruben Greidanus - Team Shadow Subaru
Round 06: Paul Ricard - French GP - Marko Aleksander - Team Shadow Subaru
Round 07: Zandvoort - Dutch GP - Glen Sheppard - True North Racing
Round 08: Spa-Francorchamps - Belgian GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 09: Dijon - Swiss GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 10: Monza - Italian GP - John Warrington - Aston Martin Racing
Round 11: Imola - San Marino GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 12: Interlagos - South American GP AI Errors 40 Weather 25%
Round 13: Phillip Island - Oceanic GP AI Errors 40 Weather 15%
Round 14: A1-Ring - Austrian GP AI Errors 40 Weather 25%
Round 15: Hungaroring - Hungarian GP AI Errors 40 Weather 0%
Round 16: Nürburgring - German GP AI Errors 40 Weather 75%
Round 17: Silverstone - British GP AI Errors 40 Weather 0% Silverstone 2009 by Willb

Looking forward to Interlagos, and even if I do terrible, I'm expecting an enjoyable race to watch afterwards :-)

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
And I think I disagree with you, Chris. Of course everybody wants to get into a top racing seat, and people who achieve this don't go back to a test seat purposely. But the simple fact is that top teams can choose their drivers and only drivers with a good perf get a shot on these rare seats. Of course Jack will have done this move with the prospect of an MPR race seat soon in the future. So I don't really get it why he's blamed for this now. Take Adam as another example of long-term AMR testdriver. He could be blamed for everything, but in fact he just did the right thing, built up his perf and will be a good race driver now.

Apart from that, the test-series is high competition either. It's not that you go back there and become test champion the next season.

And, as a third and big point, there are a lot of things going on in the background of the series which is only known by few people at a time. You can't know if there aren't things going on which make this deal a very good one for Jack. So, before you blame him for something, await the next season and see how things evolve.
But I can only repeat again, that there's nothing going wrong here. Jack showed some good pace in the MAC, was active and caught Dan's attention. As there is no race seat available for him right now, he's agreed to being a test driver again for a while. Where's the problem? It opened up a slot at MAC for the other race drive and now Adam will get his chance here. That's how the GPGSL works, that's how racing works...that's simple business!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And I think I disagree with you, Chris. Of course
> everybody wants to get into a top racing seat, and
> people who achieve this don't go back to a test
> seat purposely. But the simple fact is that top
> teams can choose their drivers and only drivers
> with a good perf get a shot on these rare seats.
> Of course Jack will have done this move with the
> prospect of an MPR race seat soon in the future.
> So I don't really get it why he's blamed for this
> now. Take Adam as another example of long-term AMR
> testdriver. He could be blamed for everything, but
> in fact he just did the right thing, built up his
> perf and will be a good race driver now.
>
> Apart from that, the test-series is high
> competition either. It's not that you go back
> there and become test champion the next season.
>
> And, as a third and big point, there are a lot of
> things going on in the background of the series
> which is only known by few people at a time. You
> can't know if there aren't things going on which
> make this deal a very good one for Jack. So,
> before you blame him for something, await the next
> season and see how things evolve.
> But I can only repeat again, that there's nothing
> going wrong here. Jack showed some good pace in
> the MAC, was active and caught Dan's attention. As
> there is no race seat available for him right now,
> he's agreed to being a test driver again for a
> while. Where's the problem? It opened up a slot at
> MAC for the other race drive and now Adam will get
> his chance here. That's how the GPGSL works,
> that's how racing works...that's simple business!

Okay first of all I did not blame anybody for anything. I was simply making conversation and discussing something that had happened. It's called giving your opinion and I meant no offence to anybody so I apologise if that is the way it came across. I simply picked up on a point that was made in the mac racing statement and gave my spin on it. I understand the point you making about needing to develop, I really do, but to me it just seems strange that a driver would choose to turn away from a racing seat because he had a better chance of developing in a test seat. Jacks decision is jacks decision and I wish him all the luck in the world. I am sure there is a greater scheme in mind with his move but again, I just gave my opinion on it...and blamed nobody.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

I absolutely agree with you that everybody has the right to say his opinion, I think you know that I'm the biggest fan of it...that's why I gave my 5 cents in, too^^

In my opinion there was a bit of a blame against Jack in your post and that's why I tried to make you think about Jack's possible reasons for this move, cause so far the criticism on him was a bit one-sided. And I think I was the right person to do that, because I have information that other people around might not have yet.
So, I just wanted to make that clear and I wanted to stress the fact that also the tester series is hard work for points. No blame against you, Chris, all good :-)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Owen Edwards @oensan 17h
16th is nothing to shout about, but beating my team-mate @Vomit was a nice feeling. I'm hoping we can find some more performance for Brazil.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
Again not a good race.. Messed up a better racing position with a small mistake again.. And once again we mess up at the pits, something we need to look into!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Just arrived at Sao Paulo, hoping for another good weekend.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
So nice to be racing near home, although it's pretty chilly here (that's true, it's freezing right now at Montevideo ;))

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Lets hope we can pick up a good haul of points here. We need it if we are going to keep up with the teams around us.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Carlitox Wrote:
> So nice to be racing near home, although it's
> pretty chilly here (that's true, it's freezing
> right now at Montevideo ;))

Freezing in Montevideo = British Summer ;)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Wow, interesting race for Minardi. Didnt expect this after qualy. Ben had a very defensive race but it payed of. Helped by trouble of other we had both cars in the points.
Lets get a top 10 with both cars next time :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Activity deadline has passed - next deadline is 10th May 2012 at 9 PM.

GPGSL Activity Check Report

The activity check for the period 20th April 2012 (9PM) to 30th April 2012 (9PM) has been completed.

One (1) driver has been punished for inactivity.

Dan Mills (True North Racing): Last Post - April 19, 2012 11:28AM

Mills is on his first warning, and will receive a 20 perf point penalty.

Next deadline 10th May 2012 (9PM).

GPGSL

Naughty naughty Mr Mills ;)

Just want to say that we here at MPR welcome Jack to the team. He had the foresight to contact me about a drive very shortly after I announced that I would no longer be driving in the series, so he has to be commended for that. I thought that I might have had a few offers, but Jack was the first. What we can offer him is a chance to boost his perf file, which if he fulfils that, will make him a much more signable driver, which is surely what this series is about for a driver, getting to the top.

I'm not going to try to slag off any teams, but I don't see what the problem is with leaving racing for a team near the back of the field for a test seat at a team with a better perf. It makes perfect sense really. Just think, isn't that exactly what Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa did? You never know Jack could return to Mac in a season or so with a race winning perf.

I just want to make clear, I don't want to look like I've stolen anybody's driver because I don't think I've ever really done that. In any case that I have signed a driver from a team It has always been done fairly and has come attached with clauses so that the team isn't heavily disadvantaged. I have had a driver snatched on one ocassion, so I know that it can be very frustrating.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I would like to make a new helmet ( probably I'll use it for last races and S8 ) but I'm on Ubuntu and I can't open zModeler: could anyone send me a 3ds file with helmet shape?

Sorry about the tables guys, they are coming honest. Been majorly busy this weekend so haven't had much time to sort them out.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Ferrari2007 Schreef:
> I just want to make clear, I don't want to look
> like I've stolen anybody's driver because I don't
> think I've ever really done that.
In any case that
> I have signed a driver from a team It has always
> been done fairly and has come attached with
> clauses so that the team isn't heavily
> disadvantaged. I have had a driver snatched on one
> ocassion, so I know that it can be very
> frustrating.

No, you just use Alpha as your young driver program ;)

(Just kidding ;-))

We could always officially link up teams haha ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Just arrived in Sao Paulo. Did a commercial for my sponsor and took this picture from my personal helicopter. Can't wait for FP. Samba!

____
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy