GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
Good job guys, points up for grabs from there.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Disastrous. After such great qualifyings this is a big dissapointment. However I think I can sneak into the points by remaining out of trouble, just like in Monza.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Boost Announcement

Applications for team and driver boosts for round 12, Brazilian Grand Prix, Interlagos are now open. The closing date is 2 days after the San Marino GP is posted. For team boost please use the subject "Team Boost - (team's name) - Interlagos". For drivers boost "Driver Boost - (driver's name) - Interlagos". Boost Applications must be sent to the GPGSL.

NOTE: All future boost windows will close 2 days after the current main race has been posted.

SEASON 7 Race Calendar and Weather Percentage

The GPGSL reserves the right to change venues for S7

Round 01: Melbourne - Australian GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 02: Surfers Paradise - Gold Coast GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 03: Suzuka - Japanese GP - Charrel Jalving - Martini Paddock Racing
Round 04: Montreal - Canadian GP - Norbert Horváth - True North Racing
Round 05: Road America - United States GP - Ruben Greidanus - Team Shadow Subaru
Round 06: Paul Ricard - French GP - Marko Aleksander - Team Shadow Subaru
Round 07: Zandvoort - Dutch GP - Glen Sheppard - True North Racing
Round 08: Spa-Francorchamps - Belgian GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 09: Dijon - Swiss GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 10: Monza - Italian GP - John Warrington - Aston Martin Racing
Round 11: Imola - San Marino GP AI Errors 40 Weather 0%
Round 12: Interlagos - South American GP AI Errors 40 Weather 25%
Round 13: Phillip Island - Oceanic GP AI Errors 40 Weather 15%
Round 14: A1-Ring - Austrian GP AI Errors 40 Weather 25%
Round 15: Hungaroring - Hungarian GP AI Errors 40 Weather 0%
Round 16: Nürburgring - German GP AI Errors 40 Weather 75%
Round 17: Silverstone - British GP AI Errors 40 Weather 0% Silverstone 2009 by Willb

Owen Edwards @oensan 4h
Gutted to be lining up last at Imola, a circuit I love and usually do well at. Massively disappointed to not make it onto the track for the final two runs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2012 02:49AM by oensan.
Surprising result based on previous qualifying. I guess the team boost (as mortal said) had an effect.
Not bad qualy
I'm somewhat disappointed with the qualifying result. Yet again we fail to improve on our initial times, something we really need to work on.

Nice qualifying, I enjoyed the AMR vs. TSS battle!

X (@ed24f1)
oensan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Owen Edwards @oensan 4h
> Gutted to be lining up last at Imola, a circuit I
> love and usually do well at. Massively
> disappointed to not make it onto the track for the
> final two runs

I did try to get a shot of everybody in the coverage...

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

19th place is a nightmare, will race just for fun...
An improved performance in practice, starting to get used to the car now. Hopefully I can continue this upward trend.
Great start to the weekend but we'll have to keep our wits about us tomorrow to make sure we take some much needed points for the championships

CaptinFranko Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> oensan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Owen Edwards @oensan 4h
> > Gutted to be lining up last at Imola, a circuit
> I
> > love and usually do well at. Massively
> > disappointed to not make it onto the track for
> the
> > final two runs.
>
> I did try to get a shot of everybody in the
> coverage...

Hey, don't worry about it, I was just trying to use that as an excuse for my terrible performance!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
My apologies that the race isnt up yet. I am currently working my way through over 900 screenshots. I am nearly done and should be able to leave the pics uploading overnight. To give you all a little teaser I have left the pics of the rather impressive donut that somebody has to do in!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

GPGSL S7 R11 - The San Marino Grand Prix - Imola Race Coverage Part 1

Hello and welcome to the Historical Imola circuit for race coverage of the San Marino Grand Prix. There is only really one name that comes to mind when you see Imola and every time a race is held people hold vigil in the memory of the great Aryton Senna. As you can see today is no different...

Yesterday's qualifying sesisons highlighted that track position is everything here and with AMR locking out the front yesterday and TSS taking 3rd and 4th on the grid, today's race looks set to be a straight fight between the GPGSL's top two constructors. But as we have seen already this season things don't always go to plan, even when you are at the front. Without and further ado, the drivers are lined up on the grid and the five lights are almost out.

The five lights come on...and go out...We are racing at Imola!

Warrington gets bogged down off the line and Greenhalgh gets the perfect opportunity to leapfrog his teammate...this could be close into turn 1!

GREENHALGH DOWN THE OUTSIDE! A great move from the defending champion. He got a great start and simply out dragged his team mate

Meanwhile, Aleskander, who also appears to have been slow off the line, has to defend against a fast starting MPR

Warrington is now under attack from Greidanus. He slips back under the struggling AMR and into second place. AMAZING! Warrington goes from first to third in as many corners.

But he is not going to let the other TSS have a look. He shuts the door in no uncertain terms...

Further back, Karajlainen is all over the ART in front of him...

Aleksander, having been blocked by Warrington all lap is now having some defending of his own to do...

OH!! HE SKIPS THE CHICANE AND LOCKS BOTH FRONT TYRES UP!

The resulting chaos brings everyone to a standstill behind him. People vye for position and try to make the best of this mishap. Pedersen is the first to find his way out of the melee...

But Aleskanders mistake has had a knock-on effect. The field are now so compact that a number of the drivers at the rear end get consatina-ed up into the chicane...

Both Snake cars touch

Sheppard manages to find his way out of the chaos in 10th. But he has some serious defending to do now...

Thomas is on the attack in his SCR, chasing down Aleksander, who dropped to 8th after his mistake...

At the end of a chaotic first lap here are the standings...

Warrington seems a little more settled now, although he does not appear very confident to push the car as much as his team mate...

Pedersen will be rubbing his hands together in fourth.

Vilela is on a charge in 7th

Even at this early point the field is starting to seperate somewhat, and Rodriguez is right in the middle of a trains of cars

That train starts with Hunsley in 14th

Jack Elleker managed to escape the first lap drama, and gain 3 positions in doing so...

Back at the front, Warrington appears to have his tyres up and working now. He begins to stretch the gap on Pedersen..

Ed Greenhalgh is now also stretching away from Greidanus behind him...

Aleksander is still routed in 8th after his mistake.

Johnson in 16th in his Minardi looks like he is going to have a fun filled afternoon of defensive driving on his hands...

Whereas Hunsley is slowly catching the True North of Horvarth in front.

Johnson continues to defend for his life...

AS DOES HUNSLEY!! Jalving gets down the inside...

But the door is firmly slammed in his face

Just behind that battle waits Elleker, ready to pounce should there be contact.

Johnson now seems to have got himself a little breathing room...

Maverick and Pedersen are now beginning to catch the eratic Warrington again...

Look at the train that Cartwright now has behind him...

Meanwhile, its a clear track from Greenhalgh...

...and Greidanus...

But look how much Pedersen has gained on Warrington. Could we see a move for third place here?

WHATS THIS?! ALEKSANDER IS ALL OUT OF SHAPE COMING OUT OF THE CHICANE!!!

The replay shows he made pretty much the same mistake as before...He outbraked himself whilst defending...

...locked up and shot across the chicane...

But he then puts his teams boost to good use and manages to outdrag the SCR from what was pretty much a standing start...

Which of course means Thomas is now under pressure himself...

As is Warrington still...

Pedersen goes for it!

But to no avail

Johnson is still driving the wheels off his Minardi

Warrington has an Aleksander-esque moment at the chicane, but gets away with it...

It actually backs Pedersen into the MPR behind...

Maverick has another look at Pedersen...

But cannot get enough on the VXR driver to force the move

Elleker is now up to 12th. How has that happened?!

Unseen by the cameras (apologies), Cartwright must have gone off, and is now 21st

Greenhalgh still leads comfortably. His championship rivals do not need him to win here.

This graphic may explain the Cartwright situation! Somogyi also appears to have retired(I will have another look to see if I can get this. My apologies)

Sheppard, 9th. Is now under some pressure.

So far Vilela has managed to stay out of trouble and make 6th his own...

Maverick is now settling into his race pace and seems to want past Pedersen...

Silvestre is struggling in 19th, in the sole Scala.

Edwards is 20th

Pedersen is now really coming under some intense pressure. This of course is playing into the hands of Warrington...

Johnson, having been promoted to 15th, is still driving well...

Mind you. This man is driving badly either...

Sheppard has now started pulling away in 8th...

Rodriguez enjoying a lonely race in the other ART car...

Cartwright has really got his head down now and is beginning to reel in the backmarkers...

With 11 laps down here are the standings...

We'll return after a short commercial break...

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
GPGSL S7 R11 - The San Marino Grand Prix - Imola Race Coverage Part 2

Welcome back to Imola. Lets dive straight back in...

Aleksander has now picked up the pace and is starting to atone for his previous error...

Which means Vilela has some mirror checking to do...

and that Hunsley is starting to catch the back of the next train...

Maverick is still giving Pedersen a hard time for fourth...

The look back from Sheppard confirms what we already knew from Qualifying...track position means everything...

JALVING GOES FOR IT!!!!

Close...but no cigar

That spat has closed this four car train right up...Elleker wants in on the action now...

guess what Johnson is doing...

Maverick looks really close this time...

Still no luck...

What are we seeing a replay of here?

OH NO!!! Maverick has got down the insider and Pedersen runs wide. There is only one way this will end...

Pedersen is off...it looks like he has managed not to stall the engine though...

He will rejoin right in front of Vilela...this could be nasty...

It isn't! Thankfully Vilela manages to take evasive action...

Pedersen gets going again with the SCR of Thomas right behind him...

Ruben Greidanus is into the pits from 2nd...

As is Maverick from his newly gained fourth place...

OH NO LOOK AT THAT!!! TSS RELEASED GREIDANUS STRAIGHT INTO THE PATH OF MAVERICK. THE TSS DRIVER HAD STOP, WAIT FOR THE MPR DRIVER TO GET PAST AND THEN START AGAIN!! DISASTER!!

Aleskander is now promoted to 4th...

Pedersen is back to 5th, but with Thomas all over him...

At the moment then it is an AMR 1-2. Warrington will be pleased to have had some problem-free laps...

OH HANG ON!!! THIS IS A REPLAY...WARRINGTON HAS GONE WIDE...AND AT HIGH SPEED TO!!

HE CANT WASH ANY OF THE SPEED OFF!!!

AND SLAMS INTO THE WALL!!! OH NO!!

Warrington is out of the race. What a disaster for him and his championship push. He will really want to forget this race...

I don't think this marshall is going to be able push that AMR very far with only two wheels left...

Aleksander has benefitted fromhis team mates pit stop calamity and Warringtons off to be promoted back to 3rd...but he hasnt stopped yet...

Vilela pits from 2nd place...

Greenhalgh has pitted from the lead...and keeps it...

Pedersen has been promoted up to 3rd. Although he hasnt stopped yet you do have wonder whether he may have got out of jail free after Warrington and Greidanus had troubles...

Sheppard and Elleker have done well out of all this. They are up to 4th and 5th respectively...

Greidanus is 6th. I'm not sure he will be able to get back in front of his team mate. Aleksander looks to be running longer and now has clear air...

Vilela came out of the pits in 10th and immediately has to get on the back foot...

Elleker stops from 4th and before his teammate. He could end up coming out of this quite well...

As could Hinz who stops from 7th, and the back of the mini-train that had formed...

Rodriguez, who ran 19th at one point, is now 6th...

Edwards is yet to stop and is 12th. Elleker exits behind him in 13th. That may not have worked out that well after all...

Aleksander finally pits from 2nd. Now where is his team mate...

Sheppard pits from 3rd as well...

Greidanus is back into 2nd. Aleksander hasn't done enough...

Pedersen finally pits from 3rd...where will his team mate be?

Sheppard gets out of the pits in 6th...

Pedersen is just in front of Elleker...but only just...the young brit seems to have made his strategy work slightly better...

Kittleson is yet to stop and is 3rd...

OH MY!!! A REPLAY SHOWS VILELA IS IN THE WALL!!! HE WAS DOING SO WELL AS WELL!!

Kittleson finally pits, running on what must equate to fumes...

That promotes Aleksander back to 3rd...

and Horvarth to 4th...

Edwards and Kittleson exit the pits..

Silvestre is running high, having yet to stop...

Here's Horvarth in pit lane...

Which means his team mate takes 5th over as Silvestre dives into the pits in the background...

Maverick is back into 6th...

Elleker has kept a cool head and both he and Hunsley have done well out of their first stops...

Silvestre is racing Kittleson at the pit exit...

At the start of lap 20, and the end of the first round of stops, here is the running order...

We'll be back after a short commercial break...

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
well, in the points atleast.

for both of us. i just wish i hadnt gone of earlier....
An eventful race for TSS thus far but looks like we're starting to settle back down now with two cars in the top three and clear air

Okay, what the hell happened there? First I was blocked by Aleksander at the start, that's bad luck. Then he nearly slams me off the track and allows Pederson to skip through...again bad luck. But how the hell did I fell back from 3rd to 6th at the pitstops when it was Greidanus who had to wait and with quite a bit of distance between me and other cars before the pitstops? It's so damn frustrating that every single good race of me gets ruined in the pits!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
OK, going to Interlagos...

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy