GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
Oops in the wrong account again ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Stoopid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oops in the wrong account again ;)

No worries ;)

The session has been run and won and if all goes well coverage should be up sometime this evening :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2012 06:16PM by Twigster151.
GPGSL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Twigster151 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Stoopid Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Boost window is now closed.
> > >
> > > Do we have any volunteers to run the Imola
> > > weekend?
> >
> > I don't mind running free practice again, but
> I'm
> > afraid I don't have time to do the entire
> weekend
> > at the moment though :)
>
>
> That would be great mate, thank you :)

I could run the weekend if you can point me to the correct version of the track and give me a quick reminder of how to setup the magic data and perfs.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

happy with Monza's result, would be great to repeat it once or more times ;) a bit less happy with Imola's tag line...

My GPGSL Career
GPGSL San Marino Grand Prix - Imola

Friday Free Practice

Hello and welcome to coverage of Free Practice live from the Imola Circuit in San Marino of what is the 11th round of this season’s championship. Last time out we saw Tom Pellatt edge out his own employee Tobias Kederer to top spot, will we see these two dominant again, or can the others begin to claw Kederer back in… Anyway down on the track the lights have gone green and it is Mal Stoddart who is out on track first

And with his first lap he puts in a very solid mid 1:22, where will that leave the Donut King?

Van Smirren goes second for now in his nearly bran spanking Minardi test car, but is way down on Stoddart’s time

Sevastian immediately displaces the Minardi driver

Scala moves into 4th

Whilst Davis pops up in 2nd for MAC

Nell is into 8th

Whilst Paddock goes 3rd

De Boer slides just in front of the MPR boss

Whist Mills is 6th quickest

Gilson is in 10th

Pellatt takes 3rd

Whilst Kittleson goes 7th

Before Steer immediately relieves of the position

Championship leader Kederer moves into 2nd

And the AMR boss goes 4th

However ART’s owner isn’t as successful as he can only manage 13th

Christel’s rising star falters slightly as he goes 11th fastest

Whilst McGregor moves into 21st

However Legge very nearly goes fastest, just as he did in Monza

Now with the first set of runs completed, let’s take a look at the standings whilst admiring the breathtaking sight of the new Minardi test car ;-)

#

#

Stoddart is out first again, he’ll be hoping that that will play into his hands again

But he’s already a tenth down in sector one

And is three tenths down by the time he reaches the line

Nell in the Scala improves to 16th

Whilst his manager moves of the back of the grid and into 21st

Whilst Pellatt somehow manages to slide in between Stoddart and Legge and into 2nd place

Van Renselaar is now in 8th

Gilson improves to 20th for SCR

Spencer moves into the top 8

Whilst Kederer cannot make any indent to Stoddart’s time

McGregor manages to claw his way off the back of the grid and into a respectable 15th for the MAC

Time for the next set of standings

Now onto the third set of runs and Van Smirren finds some time to move up into 10th

Sevastian is now 7th for MPR

Whilst Nell moves into 16th

Mills is now 10th after a quiet session so far for TNR

And Pellatt goes quickest again! Can he make it back to back wins?!

#

And Kederer immediately makes it a Shadow 1-2! Déjà vu anyone?

Gilson is struggling at the back of the grid as he can only improve to 21st

With three sets of runs done, let’s look at the standings

Now this is interesting! Sevastian pops out of nowhere to displace Pellatt as the quickest man on track!

Spencer just squeezes into the top ten

Whilst Ingers spoils MPR’s party as he goes quickest!

Gilson again can only make a slight improvement

With just one set of laps remaining, let’s have a quick look at the standings again

Just four minutes to go and McGregor improves to 17th

Paddock meanwhile looks like he’ll be losing yet more ground to Kederer as he lingers down in 12th place

His team mate meanwhile cannot improve on his current second place

And Kederer fails for the second consecutive race to beat his team boss, however I doubt he’ll be too bothered about that considering where Paddock is at the moment

And Pellatt too cannot knock Ingers off top spot

Just a minute and a half to go and here are the standings

McGregor, Legge and Gilson are trying for another lap, they’re cutting it fine though…

And McGregor just makes it with six seconds to go! Can he make the most of this final lap?

Meanwhile Legge and Gilson have gotten their timings wrong and miss out on a final lap

Now onboard with McGregor, whilst he’s down on Ingers’ time he’s neck and neck with his current PB through the first sector...

And he is just a couple of thousands of his PB through the second sector as well

But a superb final sector propels the Aussie into 10th, a very respectable result for the MAC boss

Full results to follow

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2012 07:39PM by GPGTV.org/farked.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
19th, getting better ^^
not much, but it is :-p
6th is kinda respectable, I guess.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Reasonably content with 9th, considering I didn't take a boost for this weekend. Gained a few points on Dan too!

I was hoping for a bit more tbh, but 4th is still good, especially considering that except Stu all my rivals are placed behind me.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
looks like we have some pace in the car

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Nice 5th from Mal :) Finally took some points myself again too in 8th! Tommi was preparing himself for the race!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Thank you very much for the beautiful pictures of the Beautiful Subway Scuderia Minardi.

Big thank you to Dean for painting this beauty.

Now the long runs seems to be good for Minardi on this track. Lets hope we can have a good qualy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
OK, that penalty combined with this viral infection have pretty much finished off my season... which wasn't really great anyway ;) Still it's Interlagos next, a track I like, so hoping for an improvement there.

I just hope the race drivers are more on Maikel's pace (Not for the first time) than mine.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Dan Paddock announces his retirement from the GPGSL

In a press conference called just after the Imola practice session, Dan Paddock MPR team boss and long time test driver announced that he would be retiring from racing at the close of the season.

'It's been a really exciting year, but I feel like my passion has started to fade so I think it is only correct to bow out gracefully after Silverstone.'

'It's been an amazing experience driving as part of the GPGSL, I was there in Austria seven long seasons ago, and it's great to see how far the series has come.'

'My thanks go to all the members of the GPGSL over the years, it's been a blast'

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Nice job by Jake and Mr. Stefan, good points and another show of our car's great potential.

Sad news from Subaru and Dan, been a follower of the series before deciding to join in and seeing some pieces of its little history retire is not good. But there comes a time for everyone.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Yes, some points

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
First of all, GREAT JOB Andrei. You're proving more and more that you're well worth the MPR test seat.
For Dan, it's a pity though. Again no points and Kederer in 4th...it looks like the fight for the championship is over...or at least it'll be really hard for Dan to fight back. But for this he'll have to find back his performance rather quickly.

As for the new Minardi, it's great to have Subway back on the grid. I must admit though that I liked the old Subway VSM a little bit more than this one, but it's still a beauty.

The MPR news confuse me a bit, however. Dan, is this you only stepping down from racing...that is driving a car yourself, or does that mean you'll leave the GPGSL completely...and with that also the team?

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2012 01:25AM by JohnMaverick.
Meeeh that wasn't very good at all... Bit of a waste of a boost really...

Anyway, a table:

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Really chuffed with another very strong performance in the test. I think this further shows that TSS have the best driver development scheme on the grid!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy