F1 Manager - 2005 Season - End of the Season!

Posted by Twigster151 
Ah, ok, thanks for the answer:)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
How the hell can you justify Red Bull having the lowest budget. It shouldn't matter in the slightest who we signed last year. We still need money to sign better drivers next year and keep improving our team. We finished 4th in the championship. There should be no way we should be behind some of those team, especially the bottom 3 which are just crap.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Yay for Renault having the second highest budget. ;)
Macca25 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How the hell can you justify Red Bull having the
> lowest budget. It shouldn't matter in the
> slightest who we signed last year.

Well then how else was I supposed to calculate the budgets? Everyone saw just how well it went last time when I just went with what would be 'realistic' and going with the drivers and engine and brake providers each team had signed most recently seemed like a logical way to go about things. Anyway for now I've put Red Bull now on par with Jordan. I'll update the table later.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Macca25 schrieb:
> How the hell can you justify Red Bull having the
> lowest budget. It shouldn't matter in the
> slightest who we signed last year. We still need
> money to sign better drivers next year and keep
> improving our team. We finished 4th in the
> championship. There should be no way we should be
> behind some of those team, especially the bottom 3
> which are just crap.

I agree with macca, that the budgets should more depend on last years results, than on the drivers they signed. On the other side, I read an article a few days ago, that Ferrari is getting the highest bonus salary at the end of this season. If I remember correctly, the salaries were calculated someway like that: Firstly the teams, that have already won championships in the past got money depending on the number of wins. Afterwards the teams got the award money for where they finished in the constructor championship. I think something similiar would be fair here as well. But thats just my opinion, and as I´m no manager here, it´s all up to you.

For the driver salaries: It´s good you explained them, so I can calculate mine the same way ;) Btw, if someone signs a 3 years deal, the team will have to pay 1/3 of the contracted sum each year, am I right?
Updated budgets

Changes:

Red Bull +£5m
Toyota +£2m
Sauber +£2m (Note that extra money hasn't come from the BMW deal, I still haven't contacted any managers about takeover bids)
BAR +£1m

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2011 07:12PM by Twigster151.
Yes that seem much more fair and realistic. Thankyou

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Twigster151 Wrote:
> Updated budgets
>
> Changes:
>
> Red Bull +£5m
> Toyota +£2m
> Sauber +£2m (Note that extra money hasn't come
> from the BMW deal, I still haven't contacted any
> managers about takeover bids)
> BAR +£1m
> [i1110.photobucket.com]
> 51/TeamBudgets-2.jpg

Twigster, i thought i was the manager at sauber.
mogotron Wrote:
> Twigster151 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Updated budgets
> >
> > Changes:
> >
> > Red Bull +£5m
> > Toyota +£2m
> > Sauber +£2m (Note that extra money hasn't come
> > from the BMW deal, I still haven't contacted
> any
> > managers about takeover bids)
> > BAR +£1m
> >
> [i1110.photobucket.com]
>
> > 51/TeamBudgets-2.jpg
>
>
>
> Twigster, i thought i was the manager at sauber.

Yes you are...

What would make you think otherwise? :/

Those budgets seem fine, I'm thinking of a dramatic overhaul of the team.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Yep im happy with the budgets. Im also looking at changing the team from top to bottom
The managers of Arrows, Jordan, Sauber, BAR and Minardi have now all been contacted concerning takeover bids.

Also regarding the budgets, Toyota and Red Bull have been given an extra £1m.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to implement a system where if you have a horrid season, like Mclaren in 2004 you could stop development on that years car, and perhaps have a greater budget for the following season

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> I'm wondering if it would be possible to implement
> a system where if you have a horrid season, like
> Mclaren in 2004 you could stop development on that
> years car, and perhaps have a greater budget for
> the following season

I like this idea as well, also nobody has answer me about my heidfield deal, i want to drop the bum, but if i take heikki from gp2 that will destroy any chance for the sauber gp2 team to score points. Now i dont want to do that, is there a list of drivers i can sign right now?
mogotron Wrote:
> Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> -----
> > I'm wondering if it would be possible to
> implement
> > a system where if you have a horrid season,
> like
> > Mclaren in 2004 you could stop development on
> that
> > years car, and perhaps have a greater budget
> for
> > the following season

I did suggest a system like this last season where the plan was to get rid of the testing budgets entirely and just have one budget per team for contracts and testing. Therefore if a team was having a bad season they could choose not to attend the mid-season test sessions in order to save money for testing/contracts the following season. However it never really took off.

> I like this idea as well, also nobody has answer
> me about my heidfield deal, i want to drop the
> bum, but if i take heikki from gp2 that will
> destroy any chance for the sauber gp2 team to
> score points. Now i dont want to do that, is there
> a list of drivers i can sign right now?

I did answer this question in the pm I sent you 13 days ago...

mogotron Wrote:
> Hey twisgter, i am planning on replqcing heidfiled
> soon if he dont step up, what ade my options? Can
> i put kovaleinen on that seat or i should hire
> another driver??

Well as you cannot sign any drivers at the moment and even if you could they wouldn't join your team until the end of the season signing another driver isn't an option. However as your team has a sister team in GP2, Sauber GP2, you can replace Heidfeld with either Kovalainen or Robert Doornbos

I'm afraid that your only option is still replacing Heidfeld with either Kovalainen or Doornbos so I recommend, if you haven't already but I assume you have, contacting the Sauber GP2 to see if you can broker a deal.

mogotron schrieb:
> Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> -----
> > I'm wondering if it would be possible to
> implement
> > a system where if you have a horrid season,
> like
> > Mclaren in 2004 you could stop development on
> that
> > years car, and perhaps have a greater budget
> for
> > the following season
>
>
> I like this idea as well, also nobody has answer
> me about my heidfield deal, i want to drop the
> bum, but if i take heikki from gp2 that will
> destroy any chance for the sauber gp2 team to
> score points. Now i dont want to do that, is there
> a list of drivers i can sign right now?

How about, you give Heidfeld the chance to prove himself a little more and as soon as the GP2 season ends (as it has only 12 races) you can still replace him. Or you wait until the team has a good position, which it can hold until the end of the season (after 9-10 races) and then replace Heidfeld with Kovalainen. After all, it is your right to use Kovalainen as you paid 2m for the sister team contract.
Ok thank you both.
Reve-san Schreef:
> mogotron schrieb:
> -----
> > Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I'm wondering if it would be possible to
> > implement
> > > a system where if you have a horrid season,
> > like
> > > Mclaren in 2004 you could stop development on
> > that
> > > years car, and perhaps have a greater budget
> > for
> > > the following season
> >
> >
> > I like this idea as well, also nobody has
> answer
> > me about my heidfield deal, i want to drop the
> > bum, but if i take heikki from gp2 that will
> > destroy any chance for the sauber gp2 team to
> > score points. Now i dont want to do that, is
> there
> > a list of drivers i can sign right now?
>
> How about, you give Heidfeld the chance to prove
> himself a little more and as soon as the GP2
> season ends (as it has only 12 races) you can
> still replace him. Or you wait until the team has
> a good position, which it can hold until the end
> of the season (after 9-10 races) and then replace
> Heidfeld with Kovalainen. After all, it is your
> right to use Kovalainen as you paid 2m for the
> sister team contract.

I'm not really sure that is true... That would mean if he wants Heikki he could get him, which is strange cause I paid 10 million for him, and the 2 million contract is for hiring Heikki to test for Sauber, because when I made the deal with Sauber they didn't have a testdriver, so I offered Heikki or Doornbos for 2 million to test and when the GP2 season was over he could, if the F1 manager from Sauber wants to use Heikki, give him a race seat for the last few races.

When mogotron contacted me, I gave him the option to use Doornbos or Artam, even with Doornbos that would mean I would loose out with money. I get that with the other teams it's a different construction, they loan drivers from the F1 feeder team, but with the Sauber contracts it's the other way around.
Pluis schrieb:
> I'm not really sure that is true... That would
> mean if he wants Heikki he could get him, which is
> strange cause I paid 10 million for him, and the 2
> million contract is for hiring Heikki to test for
> Sauber, because when I made the deal with Sauber
> they didn't have a testdriver, so I offered Heikki
> or Doornbos for 2 million to test and when the GP2
> season was over he could, if the F1 manager from
> Sauber wants to use Heikki, give him a race seat
> for the last few races.
>
> When mogotron contacted me, I gave him the option
> to use Doornbos or Artam, even with Doornbos that
> would mean I would loose out with money. I get
> that with the other teams it's a different
> construction, they loan drivers from the F1 feeder
> team, but with the Sauber contracts it's the other
> way around.

I think you misunderstood the sense of sister contracts a bit: The F1 team can, throughout the whole season, switch between the GP2 drivers and F1 drivers as he wants, as long as those drivers are allowed to drive in the respective league. This practically means that a F1 team with a sister team has 5 - 6 drivers they can let drive in their car. Therefor the F1 teams are meant to pay their GP2 sister teams. That means mogotron wouldn´t even need to ask you to use Kovalainen, and the fact that he did shows that he wants to keep up the good relation between the two of you.
Additionally the F1 teams can put their test drivers into GP2 seats or the GP2 team could ask the F1 team for a test driver as long as the driver meet the requirements.
On the other hand, GP2 teams pay for loan drivers. That means those drivers are their drivers and if the F1 team loaning out the driver wants to use them in F1, they have to pay a part of the sum back to the GP2 team depending on how many races the driver is not available for the GP2 team.
That additionally means it would be wise to not buy loan drivers from your F1 sister team, as it means you are paying for a driver you can get for free. I therefor also recommend the GP2 teams to get a bit of money out of their next years sister team contracts.
Reve-san

I think you misunderstood the sense of sister contracts a bit: The F1 team can, throughout the whole season, switch between the GP2 drivers and F1 drivers as he wants, as long as those drivers are allowed to drive in the respective league. This practically means that a F1 team with a sister team has 5 - 6 drivers they can let drive in their car. Therefor the F1 teams are meant to pay their GP2 sister teams. That means mogotron wouldn´t even need to ask you to use Kovalainen, and the fact that he did shows that he wants to keep up the good relation between the two of you.
Additionally the F1 teams can put their test drivers into GP2 seats or the GP2 team could ask the F1 team for a test driver as long as the driver meet the requirements.
On the other hand, GP2 teams pay for loan drivers. That means those drivers are their drivers and if the F1 team loaning out the driver wants to use them in F1, they have to pay a part of the sum back to the GP2 team depending on how many races the driver is not available for the GP2 team.
That additionally means it would be wise to not buy loan drivers from your F1 sister team, as it means you are paying for a driver you can get for free. I therefor also recommend the GP2 teams to get a bit of money out of their next years sister team contracts.

Actually in the case of Sauber F1 team vs Sauber GP2 we should look at their contract and what clauses there are. I mean that they may have agreed that Sauber GP2 drivers cannot be hired by the F1 team during the GP2 season. And as long as game rules about sister contracts are not imperative but operative it means that the contract clauses derogates the "FIA rule". I mean that the rule about sister contracts is just subsidiary to the clauses that may be more detailed and presenting the actual will of the two sides.

I'm studying law, not english phylology, so sorry if I've written in in a obscure way :D
In general if there's a clause in the contract that Sauber F1 team can hire a driver from Sauber GP2 team only after the end of the GP2 season it means that SAUBER F1 CANNOT HIRE during the season. Or at least not until the two sides agree for that with an additional agreement (and maybe payment). fullstop
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy