F1 Manager - 2005 Season - End of the Season!

Posted by Twigster151 
Ok I will leave the isport team immediately and concentrate on sauber only. Thanks.
Guys can I be added to the manager waiting list?

This has really developed into a quality series, and I'd really like to be involved

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
There are 2 spare teams in GP2 series. I think I took your team, but if now you're interested in coming back maybe you can join GP2 again ?!
Not really interested in GP2 right now mate

Perhaps some people from this waiting list could be contacted regarding the open teams in GP2

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not really interested in GP2 right now mate
>
> Perhaps some people from this waiting list could
> be contacted regarding the open teams in GP2

Everyone who is on the waiting list for F1 currently runs a team in GP2 as that's now how the system works. Of course you don't have to participate in the GP2 series in order to be added to the F1 waiting list, but the odds are being 11th on the list it will be quite a long time before you will be get a place in this series and get any taste of managing a team.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

I don't want to be on the list for a f1 team. So that makes him 10th lol plus I'll need a babysitter for my team for 10 weeks next year when I'm away lol
Verstappen Quickest in Bahrain Desert

Jos Verstappen was the man to beat today after he posted the fastest lap time in Friday Free Practice ahead of the Bahrain Grand Prix. He was followed closely by Briscoe in his McLaren whilst Massa and Rosberg were next with both being around four tenths behind their team mates. The Red Bulls were next up with both managing to get ahead of the Jordans. Further down the field Toyota showed a good improvement after Da Matta and McNish finished 9th and 10th respectively, Davidson once again showed promise after finishing 15th, whilst Paffett once again props up the field.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Alonso Heads Ferrari 1-2 in Chaotic Qualifying Session

Fernando Alonso took his career first pole position after pipping his team mate Felipe Massa to the top spot. As in free practice Ferrari and McLaren occupied the front two rows with Vettel in 3rd and Montoya in 4th. However things didn't go so smoothly for a few drivers as Andre Lotterer collided with Vettel as the McLaren driver was entering the pits cutting short Lotterer's running and Christian Klien was also involved in a similar incident with Takuma Sato which in turn prevented both drivers from improving on their times. This then provided the opportunity for Mark Webber to put his Red Bull in between the two Jordans in 6th place, however a lap later the Australian was involved in a very scary incident after he collided with the Sauber of Button as they went to enter the pits side by side causing Webber to roll his car just moments after Lotterer had collided with Vettel. Luckily though he was unhurt.

BAR
Chaotic session. Decent result from Takuma, however if Giancarlo is not going to improve, he'll be replaced for 2 races.
Jordan Statement

Luckily André wasn't hurt in the accident, it looked worse as it was. 5th and 7th is another great qualy result, but it'll be a long race, I hope we can get some points again.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Crap qualifying again...need to get some testing in soon.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Lets hope we dont have any accidents in the race like this. We should be doing better than 17th and 18th. We need testing!
Sauber need to test soon, too slow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2011 10:32PM by mogotron.
Ferrari

YES!! A front-row lock-out :) Perfect result! Let's hope we can keep this on in the race and finish 1-2!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Quali went ok for us..we can still do things from 8th and 12th...optimistic for the race :)
Bahrain Grand Prix Race Broadcast

Hello and welcome to coverage of the Bahrain Grand Prix live from the Sakhir Desert. In yesterdays qualifying session we saw a Ferrari one two with Fernando Alonso taking pole position ahead of Felipe Massa and no doubt he’ll be looking to become the first driver this season to convert pole into victory. However no doubt the McLarens will want to have a say in that. Anyway all the cars are on the grid and we’re ready for the race start…

And we’re away!

And immediately off the start Montoya gets the jump on his team mate Vettel!

And on Alonso as well! Fantastic start from the Colombian!

But there’s been contact further back with Kubica missing his front wing and what looks like Schumacher without a rear wing!

The replay shows Kubica slamming into the rear of the Williams after someone further back broke a tad too late, they’ll both have to pit.

Meanwhile up front Vettel has had a disastrous start and is now in 6th place!

And that’s Heidfeld pointing the wrong way at turn 4!

Looks as though the German was too ambitious on the brakes and was actually lucky not to roll his car!

And in all that mayhem Davidson has snuck up to 9th from 22nd

But in the far distance he is under pressure from Villeneuve…

And he drops to 10th

Meanwhile right at the back the Arrows are bickering over 15th…

And Zonta gets the better of Glock

But right at the back it appears Da Matta, Kubica, Schumacher and Barrichello were all involved in the incident at turn 1 and now find themselves right at the back…

Fisichella and Heidfeld were also involved, but neither have had to pit early

At the front Webber is trying a move on Alonso…

And he makes it, but Alonso will come back at him…

But now Lotterer is also joining in!

Surely this won’t end well…

And it doesn’t Webber is pushed wide by Alonso!

Which means he also loses out to Vettel

Meanwhile at the back Heidfeld and Fisichella are battling over 17th place and also just for bragging rights…

And Heidfeld slides past the Italian into 17th

But back at the sharp end the other Schumacher is having a gander at Villeneuve’s 9th place

And he makes it comfortably after some side by side action

Vettel is having a go at Alonso…

And he chucks it up the inside of the final corner to take the position, Alonso is looking a little slow today, might he be on a different strategy again…

But even if he is it’s not stopping him coming back at Vettel down the main straight…

And he retakes his position

That does not look good for Barrichello…

And he’s forced to retire with a water leak

Klien’s done well to get up to 11th as he comes up to pass a very brave marshall…

Sato is on the move as he looks to overtake one of the Arrows…

And he makes it

But soon after Zonta is coming back at him

And he retakes the position!

Sato is now just too far behind to have any reply

Webber and Alonso are side by side down the back straight!

But he can’t get past just yet…

But he makes the most of the slipstream…

And he eventually squeezes past in turn 2!

Malaysian Grand Prix winner Raikkonen has been forced to pit early due to a puncture, that’ll put him right down the field…

He’s back out in 18th

Anyway, with ten down let’s have some standings

And that’s Coulthard spinning in turn 1!

And the replay just reminds us that two into one doesn’t go…

Massa is on fire today as he pumps in another fastest lap from the lead

Meanwhile right at the back Da Matta finally has some company as he looks to overtake Fisichella…

And he’s already ahead before they reach the braking zone

The pitstops are now underway as Webber comes in from 4th

He rejoins 11th

And Lotterer is in next time round from 3rd

He’s back out in 6th

Now that’s a fire

And it’s Zonta who is the unfortunate one as an oil leak ends his race

If I’m honest he has parked that it quite a precarious place…

Now Massa is in from the lead…

And that’s Kubica off the road!

And his day has gone from bad to worse as a right rear suspension failure leaves him with no choice but to retire

Meanwhile Massa has rejoined in 5th

Next lap and Montoya is in

And he rejoins in 4th behind Massa

But Lotterer has been pushing since his stop and is alongside Montoya!

And he makes it! That’s a net second place for Lotterer once Alonso pits

But his team mate is in the wall!!!

Raikkonen is out of the grand prix after colliding with Sato on the main straight!

And unfortunately for Heidfeld he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and has lost his front wing on the remains of Raikkonen’s car.

Vettel and Villeneuve are now in the pits

Vettel rejoins in 6th

Whilst Villeneuve is back out in 9th

Meanwhile Heidfeld has finally made it back to the pits for his front wing

Montoya has caught up to Lotterer…

They’re side by side…

And he’s through!

Alonso is finally in the pits for what is looking to be his one and only stop…

Which puts Massa back into the lead…

And Alonso into 6th but as he doesn’t have to stop again he is in a very strong position…

Anyway with all drivers having made at least one stop, let’s have some more standings!

Villeneuve is the first to make a second stop

And he’s back out in 14th

Webber has also been in and is now in 8th place

Now Heidfeld is in trouble!

He to suffers a water leak which cuts short a difficult day for Heidfeld. Sauber are really struggling this year after last season’s heroics…

Montoya and Lotterer are now in the pits, but where is Alonso?

There he is!

And the Spaniard just manages to creep of the pair to make it a net Ferrari 1-2!

Right at the back Da Matta and Schumacher are squabbling over pride…

With Da Matta taking it for now…

Vettel is now in…

And Alonso slides past into second place

And Vettel is back out in 6th

Massa is in…

But his team mate is quite literally on the opposite side of the track…

So unsurprisingly Massa rejoins in the lead, he just has to bring the car home now…

So with just 9 to go, let’s have some standings

And Glock has pulled off the road! He’s parked his Arrows right next to his team mates!

That’s a shame for Glock as he was running in 10th place

Meanwhile at the front Montoya is all over the back of Alonso due to his fresher tyres

But a lap later he is too far behind to take advantage

Massa however is in the final sector…

And Massa wins the Bahrain Grand Prix! A truly dominating performance from the young Brazilian as he takes his maiden victory in Formula One!

Meanwhile Alonso does hold off Montoya to make it a Ferrari 1-2!

And Montoya has to settle for 3rd place

Full results to follow…

DOTD
The award today of course goes to Felipe Massa for dominating the race from start to finish to take his first win in Formula One.

Williams F1 Statement

"We keep being hit by other cars,we want FIA to investigate on this.Ferrari is surely behind that."

;)

My GPGSL Career
Now that that race is out of the way I have a little announcement as I am busy next weekend so I won't be able to run the next race. So if any of you would like to volunteer to run it I can send you the mod as soon as I receive the GP2 perf updates, if not we'll just have a little mid-season break before the start of the European season :)

Great race by Klien, could have troubled the scorers had he not tangled with Coulthard...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy