F1 Manager - 2005 Season - End of the Season!

Posted by Twigster151 
Good performance from Glock in practice. I hope he can keep that up
hey there.

Could you please delete me from the waiting-list, i think, i'll stay in GPGSL ;)

I'd like to propose a thread for you, sorry for the mainly off-topic post.
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Topic is a possible rFactor-league, which has the unique system of managers managing the teams, drivers are driving in. It's unique in rFactor, in GP4 you invented it, the GPGSL has it. ^^
The only change is: the drivers are driving in real, not bots with their names ;)
Please read through it, and answer there. Pls don't answer this post, except you think, it's spam.
Greetings
Silverman
Is this race ever going to take place???
mogotron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is this race ever going to take place???

Well at the moment we've got no one to run the race, John is on holiday and I've no computer. So unless some one else steps up to the plate, we've got a bit of a wait on our hands...

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

mogotron Wrote:
> Is this race ever going to take place???

I don't have GP4 set up on my computer so I currently can't do it, if someone can guide me on what I need (and if I can find the disk) I can try and have a stab at it over the coming weeks.

That would be in a few weeks though, so obviously if someone can run it sooner then that would be better...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2012 08:31PM by Incident 2k9.
I can give it a shot, don't have the time for a full coverage though! I would try to snap the start, the retirements, important place switches and leaders pitstops and standings few times in the race

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
If nobody volunteers, i could try to do a coverage, and of course the race, too, in full length as a video ^^
Always wanted to do it, so if you need someone...
Would have time at Saturday Afternoon, first possible date ;)
If i can get gp4 working on my laptop then i may be able to run the race next week but doubt any sooner
Surely this isn't dead in the water???
Chris2k6 schrieb:
> Surely this isn't dead in the water???

I don't hope so...

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Just give me a small installation-guide and of course the right performances, and I'll run the race. Can't promise for good pics though, maybe a movie-coverage works. Will just have to try.
Chris2k6 Wrote:
> Surely this isn't dead in the water???

Preferably not.

After my computer died on me a few weeks back I just lost what motivation I had left to maintain the series and considering how many people are part of the series and have even volunteered to take over the reigns next season, in all honesty that isn't acceptable.

Anyway the mod is being uploaded as we speak so we can get this race and this season over ASAP.

xSilvermanx Wrote:
> Just give me a small installation-guide and of
> course the right performances, and I'll run the
> race. Can't promise for good pics though, maybe a
> movie-coverage works. Will just have to try.

Do you use CSM by any chance?

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

can use it of course. Will reinstall everything and then install CSM

Hate this edit but:

Blue Screen of Death after starting Grand Prix 4. Seems, Windows XP doesn't like my PC-spec. Will try something different and will post an update as soon as i can resolve this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2012 03:38PM by xSilvermanx.
Finally got access to account after forgetting the pass.

This series visibly died down, but I see the reasons as well.

Let's hope it'll get better. Sorry for my absence as well.
Got it running again, damned PC.
Will run a quick-race tomorrow and record it, to test everything (after getting recording-software etc ^^). Upload and linking will happen afterwards ^^
Make sure to check the md for the pitstop windows. iirc they're sometimes a bit strange for some of the tracks of the 2005 trackpack. In the testrun I did before running the silverstone weekend some cars were on a 2 stop strategy, with doing the first one at race halftime and the second one about 5 laps before the end.

Some mods
have to back off again, sadly, because of this: [www.grandprixgames.org]
If the issue is resolved, I'll happily run the race and things, but at the moment this isn't possible.
With everything related to my problem, please post into the linked thread, don't want to hjiack the F1-manager-one.
Will edit later.

EDIT:

For an unknown reason, I'm able to run the session, if they are not shown graphically. Thus, I've been able to get pictures of the result tables of the qualifying, of the following race and the table for the places per round (no good quality). If you want, i can upload those, maybe post a short summary of the race, and you let this result count. But I have to warn you: there are many DNFs, and of course, I don't know the reason for those. I can only say, i have those, i won't show them anybody (maybe excluding Twigster, who knows ;) ), and won't tell anything about the results.
Greetings
Silverman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 09:57PM by xSilvermanx.
xSilvermanx Wrote:
> have to back off again, sadly, because of this:
> [www.grandprixgames.org]
> If the issue is resolved, I'll happily run the
> race and things, but at the moment this isn't
> possible.
> With everything related to my problem, please post
> into the linked thread, don't want to hjiack the
> F1-manager-one.
> Will edit later.
>
> EDIT:
>
> For an unknown reason, I'm able to run the
> session, if they are not shown graphically. Thus,
> I've been able to get pictures of the result
> tables of the qualifying, of the following race
> and the table for the places per round (no good
> quality). If you want, i can upload those, maybe
> post a short summary of the race, and you let this
> result count. But I have to warn you: there are
> many DNFs, and of course, I don't know the reason
> for those. I can only say, i have those, i won't
> show them anybody (maybe excluding Twigster, who
> knows ;) ), and won't tell anything about the
> results.

To be honest it depends on what the managers want. In my personal opinion, considering that this race weekend has been dragging on for over a month now, I would be in favour of you uploading the results you have for each session and just be done with it. However if a majority of the managers want a full coverage, then we could just run the weekend again after your problem has been fix, or if you can't fix the problem I can run it myself on Thursday once I've finished sixth form for the year.

tbh I'd prefer a coverage, even if it's only a very short one with the highlights. But as twigster said, the race has been dragging over a month now, so I can also live with just the results so that it's finally done.

I have my last exam of this semester on the 23rd, after that I'll have the time again to help running the final races.

Some mods
this was fast, i am able to use GP4 again...
looking after everything now, should be able to run the race tomorrow. Only hope that i don't get another error (or two, or three... , you'll never know...)
Greetings
Silverman
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy