Blue Screen of Death

Posted by xSilvermanx 
Blue Screen of Death
Date: July 15, 2012 09:42PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
Hey there.

In every session I want to drive or let drive (apart from race, this isn't tested), I'm experiencing Blue Screens of Death after approximately 15 seconds. It should be the time, when the first car drives on track, this is only a guess.
I'm using a fresh installed GrandPrix 4-version with the Patch 9.6, the GPx-Patch 3.93, the decrypted exe 1.02, CSM latest version and the F1-manager mod. The last one is just for completion of the dates, as it does the same with the original cars and tracks.
Not sure, what else info i can give. Blue Screen is way to fast to even read one word, before it disappears. Logs cannot be granted of course, because they can't be created.
I am absolutely sure that it is NOT a hardware failure, as I'm running some much more graphic-intensive games. Also the hardware is nearly brand-new, it's like 1 month old. As is the windows installation, Windows XP. Because of the games running smooth I would also say, it's no Windows Failure.
Any help is appreciated, if you have any idea, please post it.
Greetings
SIlverman
Re: Blue Screen of Death
Date: July 15, 2012 10:02PM
Posted by: Excalibur
If you want to know what is the cause of a BSOD, use Whocrashed. The software is decrypting crash dump files and generate a report so that you can see exactly what kernel, driver or device is responsible of the BSOD.

Link: [www.resplendence.com] (Free downloads category)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 10:04PM by Excalibur.
Date: July 15, 2012 11:13PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Once I've had blue-screen-of-death-crashes too. When I pressed enter to go out of the track it crashed. It was may caused by a sound problem:
GPxPatch was set to 3D-sound.
In GP4 the 2D-sound + EAX (actually a 3D-sound option) was activated.

I set all to 2D-sound and have never had a crash since then, don't know why xD
Date: July 15, 2012 11:53PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
just want to say, i was right with my guess that it's related to cars starting.
also wanted to say that klausfeldmann was right, too, i started the qualifying and it ran smooth even with the cars on track ^^

thanks for posting, both of you ;)
have downloaded whocrashed and will use that in the future.
Until now: No problems occuring with Grand Prix 4.
Greetings
Silverman
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy