GP4 Central - Website to close

Posted by TomMK 
Re: GP4 Central - GP4CC Season 4
Date: October 27, 2015 03:55AM
Posted by: TomMK
Very nice! I'll try to get the first cut of the mod out by this weekend.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: October 27, 2015 08:07AM
Posted by: Cosmic
Let's see what we have - should be an interesting competition:

1. GP4forever Racing (Jcaranti / Pentagonalface)

2. Dragon (Vimal Ana / Milos Ancevski)

3. Team Centra (TomMK / AUS_Doug)

4. Porsche (Lutz Mueller / TBA )

5. SVR (Supermonty / TBA )

6. Ecurie Mistral ( Eric Moinet / Carlos Rodrigues)

So we have 10 Drivers so far...maybe Supermonty and me should get a Team mate as we can have a constructors Championship table as well ;-)
Date: October 27, 2015 10:30AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Great looking car Eric!

@Cosmic & Supermonty:
I've got a friend who I often play hot-seat games with, so I'll ask if she's interested in joining either of your teams.

If we end up with some single-car teams though, I imagine Tom can think of a constructors scoring system that takes that into account.

EDIT: Typo.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2015 11:11AM by AUS_Doug.
Date: October 27, 2015 11:28AM
Yeh OK, I'll think about how to make sure single-car teams can still be competitive in the Constructors Championship (because there will be a Constructors Championship ;)).

The mod build is underway. All the cars look amazing in game, kudos to the team owners!

Note to team owners - please make sure you tell me which tyres you want to use (Bridgestone, Michelin, Pirelli, Goodyear).

Also, does anyone know a good free image-editing program that I can edit the Alpha layer of my car texture? It's really shiny in the game and I think the Alpha layer is the cause. But Paint.Net doesn't allow me to edit the Alpha channel.

Date: October 27, 2015 11:50AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Thanks a lot guys :)

@TomMK : try Gimp

And Michelin for my team ...if it wasn't obvious. ;)

Date: October 27, 2015 11:55AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
TomMK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, does anyone know a good free image-editing
> program that I can edit the Alpha layer of my car
> texture? It's really shiny in the game and I think
> the Alpha layer is the cause. But Paint.Net
> doesn't allow me to edit the Alpha channel.

I use GIMP.

Once you've loaded the .tga, there should be a floating 'Layers' window.
Right click the image in there and 'Add Layer Mask'->'Transfer Layer's Alpha Channel'

Right click the image there again and, with 'Show Layer Mask' and 'Edit Layer Mask' selected, you'll be able to edit the Alpha channel.
You can go anywhere in-between Fully White (Full shine) to Black (Very little shine).

If you uncheck 'Show Layer Mask' and 'Edit Layer Mask', and check 'Disable Layer Mask', you'll be able to view, edit and select parts of the image itself.
i.e, Select an area before switching to the Alpha Channel and then fill it with the desired Shinyness level (Anywhere between Black and White).
For example, I'm editing my helmet (again, sorry!) to have the alpha channel that corresponds to some areas fully White, and the rest Black.
Another example; [www.grandprixgames.org] - Shiny 'Chrome' parts of the Virgin are White Alpha, the rest is a sort of Grey (RGB value of about 30,30,30)

Once changes have been made, Right click on the image in the Layers window, and select 'Apply Layer Mask'.

With GIMP, you'll have to EXPORT from the File menu to get a .tga File; 'Save' from the menu only allows you to save to GIMP's .xcf format.

Also, when you then convert to .Tex, make sure that 'Full Transparency' is selected; Otherwise I think you end up with Full White everywhere.

(And sorry if you know some of that already; I've copied some it from a sort of 'Getting Started' guide that I'm writing for people like me who want to do little bits of texture work, but don't really know where to begin.)

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2015 12:02PM by AUS_Doug.
Date: October 27, 2015 12:14PM
Posted by: kedy89
I think Paint.Net also makes existing alpha layers plain white.

For a quick check if an alpha layer is present, open the tex file with slimtex and right-click on it. That'll show you the alpha layer.

For editing, either Gimp or Photoshop CS2. The latter is freeware since a while now, though it requires an Adobe ID to access the download area. It's easier with CS2 imo.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: October 27, 2015 01:38PM
Thanks Doug for the idea...I still wait for an answer from Tom.

I wrote him, that I have a work-mate - who is not in the Forum - but who Plays GP4, too. He could join my team as his Name is already on my car ;-)

Porsche uses MICHELIN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2015 12:22PM by Cosmic.
Date: October 27, 2015 08:45PM
Posted by: supermonty
SVR presents his car ! This is the XC06 model, which contend the final season of French Xooit Cup League and the final season of CVGPI Hotlap Championship, with several wins.

Supermonty hope to have a beautiful season ! You expect to drive it ? A place is free to race with !

Date: October 27, 2015 10:45PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Maybe, for constructors, instead of adding both drivers' points, why not just count the points of the highest placed driver at a round? That way it keeps things balanced should we have one-car and two-car teams.

Meanwhile, here's a little preview of my helmet. Basically the same as in GPGSL with Ecurie Mistral sponsors. ;)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: October 28, 2015 12:47AM
Very nice monty!

Cosmic - sorry I missed your request - yes your friend can join your team. Just let me know their name, number & nationality.

Date: October 28, 2015 07:56AM
@monty: Very very nice car!!!!!

@carlitox: Very nice helmet!!!!!

No Problem Tom, hope you got my data via PM...?!

So Team Porsche enters the season as follows:

PORSCHE

Driver 1: Lutz Mueller (#23) (GER)
Driver 2: Andre Harke (#24) (GER)

Chassis: Marussia
Engine: Porsche V6
Tyres: Pirelli

I'll make a helmet for Andre and send you the data right away within the next 2-3 hours...
Date: October 28, 2015 08:39AM
Super car SuperMonty !

Date: October 28, 2015 10:38AM
Eric - something has gone wrong with your car texture. Can you please resend it to me?

Date: October 28, 2015 11:02AM
Tom, you got a PM with the helmets of my Team...

And Porsche uses MICHELIN...not Pirelli!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2015 12:22PM by Cosmic.
Date: October 28, 2015 07:04PM
So, the mod now has 4 teams' cars: Centra, SVR, Porsche and Mistral. However the Mistral texture is corrupted. Eric can you resend it please?

Not everyone has sent a helmet texture. That's fine: If you have a personal helmet texture you want to use, send it to me. If not, I will just add a basic texture for you.

A little more info about the season:

We will start with 2 testing events, one at Barcelona (we always start the GP4CC at Barcelona!) and another at the recently-released, beautiful Fiorano. Then the season itself will follow, with 8 events.

Each team will start the season with 14000 grip and 700 bhp.

Team Owners: Your budget per race is $1000 (I don't care how many sponsors' logos you add to your car, it's always $1000! ;)). Before every race, you must decide how to spend your budget, as follows:

+1 grip = $2
+1 bhp = $30

So for Race 1 you might decide to split your $1000 budget like this:

Grip: 14000 + 170 ($340) = 14170
BHP: 700 + 22 ($660) = 722

This will continue throughout the season, so the cars will get faster and faster (Y)

Date: October 28, 2015 07:05PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Nice works, here! ;-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: October 28, 2015 07:16PM
Posted by: miki2000milos
oi, strategy!!

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Date: October 28, 2015 08:16PM
What's wrong with this picture ?

Date: October 28, 2015 09:16PM
Tom,

your system regarding the BHP and grip seems to be very interesting!!!!

Can you already say which Barcelona Version will be tested on??

Regards
Lutz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy