GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
Racing Engineering Statement

Another couple of great sessions, especially day 2.
Lopez gets a chance soon and will have to drive well to get a race seat.
We're pleased we've been able to give our partners Mercedes a good amount of data, and look forward to working closely with them for the rest of the season.
Not a bad start to pre-season testing. Lyons is looking good for the season and Sharp is improving!

Our plan for the rest of the pre-season test i'll send to you reve....
First test and a new livery for DSR

The first test session is over. Team owner Deyan Rangelov commented this fact: "It seems we weren't very fast. But this isn't that important as this is just test and lap times are not important. Good thing is that there were no major problems and we could get some important data which we will discuss with our partners from Ferrari."

Alexandre Premat was the faster of the DSR drivers and he was very happy with that. "I was the second quickest Ferrari-powered driver both days. 10th and 13th wasn't what I was expecting as I did some qualification laps, but the gaps are very close and I believe that we have good race pace. We have still a lot to do, but I think we are on the right way and we could fulfil our aim, which is to fight for points every race."

Deyan Rangelov confirmed that next test session there will be battle between Gene and Lapierre. "Gene was slower than Premat. Although he is new in the team and had little time to adapt, he has no excuses and it is fair that we give opportunity to Lapierre, so we can estimate how fast they are on equal conditions. Let's hope they both give the best they have and impress me."

To see what were Marc Gene thinks about the test and how he compares Renault and Ferrari engines - visit our official website! :)
Isport remainder tests plans.

Jerez
Day 1- Pace - Paffett + Pantano
Day 2 - Reliability - Paffett & Pla (send data)

Valencia
Day 1- Reliability - Paffet & Pla
Day 2- Pace - Paffeet & (send data)

Catalunya
Day 1 - Reliablity - Pla & Pantano
Day 2- Pace - Paffett & Pla (send data)

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2011 07:38PM by mogotron.
Allright, I am still missing the Test plans of Campos and HiTech. I´d like to run the test sessions within this week, so I would thank you if you could post the results as fast as possible. Also Racing Engineering is still missing the plans for Test 3 and 4.

Oh and just to make sure: Everyone who posted his testing plans without saying anything about sending data or not wants to send data, right? Because every team is using the same chassis, meaning the only team performance differences are due to the engine performance.

And now to something completely different: Here are the non-F1 drivers who will become available for contract negotiations soon:

2005 GP2-Series Drivers available for 2006:

Can Artam – 25
Nelson Piquet – 21
Ernesto Viso – 21
Hiroki Yoshimoto – 26
Giorgio Pantano – 27
Adam Carroll – 24
Alexandre Prémat – 24
Olivier Pla – 25
Ryan Sharp – 27
Giorgio Mondini – 26
José María López – 23
Mathias Lauda – 25
Toni Vilander – 26
Ferdinando Monfardini – 22
Sergio Hernández – 23
Heikki Kovalainen – 25
Nicolas Lapierre – 22
Enrique Bernoldi – 28
Félix Porteiro – 23
Miloš Pavlović – 24
Richard Lyons – 27
Benoît Tréluyer – 30
Kamui Kobayashi – 20
Yuji Ide - 31

New Drivers in 2006:

Michael Ammermüller - 20
Yann Clairay - 23
Carlo van Dam - 20
Filipe Albuquerque - 21
Renger van der Zande - 20
Junior Strous - 20
Récardo Bruins Choi - 21
Álvaro Parente - 22
Charlie Kimball - 21
Mike Conway - 23
Marko Asmer - 22
Dan Clarke - 23
Alberto Velerio - 21
Lewis Hamilton - 21
Adrian Sutil - 23
Lucas die Grassi - 22
Franck Perera - 22
Andy Soucek - 21
Javier Villa - 19
Vitaly Petrov - 22
Peter Elkmann - 25
Aaron Caratti - 26
Adrián Vallés - 20
Markus Winkelhock - 26
Tristan Gommendy - 27
Andreas Zuber - 23
Jan Heylen - 26
Luca Filippi - 21
Jarek Janis - 23
Giacomo Ricci - 21
Juan Cáceres - 22
Sébastian boudais - 27
Justin Wilson - 28
A. J. Allmendinger - 25

Also stay tuned for some news depending engine manufacturers soon :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2011 03:17PM by Reve-san.
Posted just before Catalunya Day 2 (Racing Engineering)

ginnerchris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Considering how fast the F1 thread has got through
> their pre-season tests, what is the timetable for
> the forthcoming tests?
>
> We have now firmed up our plans for the remaining
> sessions, and they are as follows:
>
> 1 - Catalunya
> Day 2 - Pace - Kobayashi & Treluyer
>
> 2 - Jerez
> Day 1 - Reliability - Kobayashi & Lopez
> Day 2 - Reliability - Kobayashi & Treluyer (send
> data)
>
> 3 - Valencia
> Day 1 - Pace - Lopez & Treluyer (send data)
> Day 2 - Reliability - Lopez & Treluyer
>
> 4 - Catalunya
> Day 1 - Pace - Kobayashi & Lopez
> Day 2 - Pace - Kobayashi & Treluyer
Reve-san Wrote:

>
> Oh and just to make sure: Everyone who posted his
> testing plans without saying anything about
> sending data or not wants to send data, right?
> Because every team is using the same chassis,
> meaning the only team performance differences are
> due to the engine performance.

I think yes :)

> Drivers, who are only allowed to drive in Formula
> 1:
>
> Yuji Ide - 31

I think Ide should be allowed to drive in GP2 series if he doesn't win the championship this year. But he will be only allowed to sign contract with F1 team. In that case if someone loans that driver - he will be able to drive for GP2? Am I right or he will be not allowed at all to race in GP2 series?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2011 02:52PM by pycku.
pycku schrieb:
> Reve-san Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > Oh and just to make sure: Everyone who posted
> his
> > testing plans without saying anything about
> > sending data or not wants to send data, right?
> > Because every team is using the same chassis,
> > meaning the only team performance differences
> are
> > due to the engine performance.
>
> I think yes :)
>
> > Drivers, who are only allowed to drive in
> Formula
> > 1:
> >
> > Yuji Ide - 31
>
>
> I think Ide should be allowed to drive in GP2
> series if he doesn't win the championship this
> year. But he will be only allowed to sign contract
> with F1 team. In that case if someone loans that
> driver - he will be able to drive for GP2? Am I
> right or he will be not allowed at all to race in
> GP2 series?

Ah... I forgot a rule! Yuji Ide has not driven in F1 yet, so he is allowed to drive in GP2 next year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2011 03:18PM by Reve-san.
Hm, I think there's a rule change. I'm sure there were 3 rules for hiring a driver and more or less the same 3 rules for loaning one. Now on the first page it is written "the following drivers are not allowed to join GP2 Series" and the rules are only 3. The greater difference I can find is that now we can HIRE drivers that are aged above 30 and have less than 10 races in F1 MANAGER GAME. Is this right, Reve-san?
I believe it was agreed that those three rules only apply to drivers who are free agents and do not apply to drivers who have been loaned in from an F1 team. So if Yuji Ide is not signed by an F1 team this year, which tbh is highly likely ;), he will not be eligible to race in GP2 in 2006.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

pycku schrieb:
> Hm, I think there's a rule change. I'm sure there
> were 3 rules for hiring a driver and more or less
> the same 3 rules for loaning one. Now on the
> first page it is written "the following drivers
> are not allowed to join GP2 Series" and the rules
> are only 3. The greater difference I can find is
> that now we can HIRE drivers that are aged above
> 30 and have less than 10 races in F1 MANAGER GAME.
> Is this right, Reve-san?

Yes and no. The rules about loan drivers said that drivers above 30 with less than 10 races in F1 Manager were not allowed to drive in GP2. Originally this was introduced because Marc Gene had been loaned out but did not meet the original GP2 driver requirements (over 30 and less than 10 Formula 1 races). Now for 2006 this will be changed, as it leaves this grey area where a F1 Team could sign an older driver and loan him out. I already changed to first post and was working on a proper announcement, but you noticed it before so this is the announcement now ;)

About Yuji Ide: As he did not drive in Formula 1 yet, he will be available for GP2-Series next year. Still this rule will be changed again for 2007, so that all drivers above the age of 30 will not be allowed to race in GP2. But that´s still far in the future, so don´t bother about it now.
Jerez
Day 1- Send Data, Performance - Montagny, Mondini
Day 2 - Send Data, Performance - Montagny, Vilander

Valencia
Day 1- Send Data, Performance - Vilander, Mondini
Day 2-Send Data, Performance - Vilander, Mondini

Catalunya
Day 1 - Send Data, Reliablity - Montagny, Vilander
Day 2- Send Data, Performance- Montagny, Mondini

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2011 06:59PM by Vomit.
IMO i think we should implement the rule now that drivers over 30 aren't allowed in the series to keep it similar to "real life". My opinion of course :-P
Chris2k6
IMO i think we should implement the rule now that drivers over 30 aren't allowed in the series to keep it similar to "real life". My opinion of course :-P

I think that Red Bull and DSR will be the only teams affected if this rule is implemented for this year. If you all wish it and Lucasinio agrees -> i'll accept it but I'd want my money back.
On the other hand using 3 engine manufacturers isn't realistic, too. Anyway its up to the other team owners and I'll conform with their opinion.
I absolutely disagree with Chris2k6. The season has started already and both DSR and Red Bull Junior have planned their whole strategies on the current rules. It would be more than unfair to now change these rules. It can be talked about everything for next season, but I'm rather sure that reve-san agrees with me that a rule change now isn't an option.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> I absolutely disagree with Chris2k6. The season
> has started already and both DSR and Red Bull
> Junior have planned their whole strategies on the
> current rules. It would be more than unfair to now
> change these rules. It can be talked about
> everything for next season, but I'm rather sure
> that reve-san agrees with me that a rule change
> now isn't an option.

I agree with this too, but we could say that over 30's aren't allowed for drivers for next season.

On another note: What's the chances of Hamilton never seeing a GP2 drive. Doubt any of us will be able to match what F1 will pay him.
Might even be an issue for Sutil & Petrov from that list
I think we can introduce a rule that drivers aged below 20 or 21 are not allowed to drive in F1 :)
This is an interesting idea, although Vettel is already signed up for F1 manager this season, aged 19.

pycku Wrote:
> I think we can introduce a rule that drivers aged
> below 20 or 21 are not allowed to drive in F1 :)
ginnerchris
This is an interesting idea, although Vettel is already signed up for F1 manager this season, aged 19.

I think this rule to be introduced for next season.

About Vettel and If there's someone else aged below 20 (or 21) - I suggest there's a clause that driver below that age can race in F1 only if he is to be loaned from his GP2 team. That way next year Mclaren (or any other team) may pay the GP2 team that signs with Vettel(or other driver) for 2006 and get him on loan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2011 12:16PM by pycku.
Vettel will not be eligible for GP2 next season (assuming he completes 10 races in F1 this season, and given his testing pace I guess it is inevitable)

I like the rule, and that if F1 teams want to promote then they can be loaned (or swapped)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy