GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
I love the idea of the tyre variation in performance.

I thought about this too, but the only way I came to that it could be done was to divide the calendar in half. Even race numbers suiting one tyre brand; odds suiting another, and the resulting benefit being a performance boost added to said teams with chosen tyre type.

This of course just adds to what we already have in terms of boost perfs, so I don't actually know if increasing the range of this will have as much bonus effect - as it would just be the equivalent of having more boosts, but ones that are pre-determined.

ANOTHER idea which could shake things up, but again it involved tweaking the perfs and 'banking' values for the year after, and more complicated maths, which overall probably doesn't vary much with the current boost idea AGAIN.

It is an idea of season development. Let's say it is round 14 of 20.

Team A is 7th in the standings. It's been a slow year, and they want to look forward to the following year.

Their team perf is 16100. They can race with that. OR. They have an option to 'develop next seasons car'.

The effect of this could be for every race they 'develop for next season' either a total pause and no perf gains whatever happens in the race they use it; or they could 'sacrifice' a number of points, for arguments sake, it costs 10 perf points drop. The points aren't lost, but instead the team 'banks' them for next year. But instead of 10, the investment is only worth an additional 2 perf points gain added to the start of next. Or whatever loss/gain values would make this system work.

I may have made obvious mistakes in understanding how the perfs work, so please point out how badly this idea fails, lol.

This would be a way for teams doing less than what they hoped to mount a challenge for the next year sooner than others.

The faster teams at the high end wouldnt want to risk perf drops, and so wouldnt bank much or any for the next season. As a result, they gain all towards the end of the season, but their end of year perfs will be based on the results they achieve. A gamble.

Lowly teams could then hypothetically spring a big step from nowhere.

BUT the next years development could maybe only initiate after a certain number of races of percentage of the season has passed. Say after round 12 of 20 (60%).

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [img.photobucket.com]
> /gpgsl_spy_001.jpg
>
> Extreme 'Platypus Nose' sketches spotted
>
> A high flying design executive is under extreme
> scrutiny by TNR design management for leaking what
> appears to be a REJECTED prototype of the TN007
> Chassis. That, and his previously unknown love for
> 'Elephants and Trains Magazine'.
>
> Sporting what can only be described as a 'wide,
> flat platypus beak', the sketches have been
> visibly dismissed, likely by the GPGSL Governing
> Body only yesterday. Remarkably, the design seems
> to be approved and compliant with ISO 2011-CN
> Chuck Norris.
>
> The news comes just as Snake Motorsports have
> released the impressibly elegant new SMD ZG-02
> Chassis for testing.
>
> It is not known why True North are pursuing such a
> design innovation with the strict GPGSL Rules, but
> it is widely believed that one such earlier
> contribution by the TNR Team could find it's way
> into the Season 7 Regulations.
>
> The question on everybody's lips though is whether
> it will indeed be one of the previous designs - or
> interestingly - if this radical nose is part of
> another boundary push.
>
> End of Statement
> Dr Nose: Sniffing out the best Stories. And dirty
> nappies. Exclusively. For you. 24/7. Except Bank
> Holidays/International Talk Like a Pirate
> Day/Mothers Day in Israel.

ahah nice one mate ;)

btw,for those interested(?),my car finally reached the "final shape" step.Some errors on the shape forced to me to work some days more to correct the 3dsmax>Zmodeler export.Luckily that's done now.

Next step is definitive mapping.One texture + a damage one + carbon.

Then,if somebody will do that,a template ;)

My GPGSL Career
Paolo, I'd like to chat to you sometime over the next few days, to see if I can please bribe your mafia for some zmodeler help to try and export my carshape tweak back into the game. It froze my gp4 last time and I couldn't get it fixed. Think its because I exported the wheels with the shape, lol. Oops.

EDIT on a sidenote RE: managers and drivers - I thought it was a rule that owners must drive for themselves as tester if ever they drive? Would make sense to me.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2011 10:55PM by danm.
Owners can test for other teams, and Connor Steer has joined the GPGSL management team to look after the results and boost tables for S7. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I like the idea about developing for next season.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

CaptinFranko Schreef:
> Has anyone had any trouble downloading the new
> template the ZMDG02? I downloaded it and it
> completely locked my computer up. It wouldn't
> unzip properly either.
>
> On another note completely. I am still looking for
> a season 7 test seat (I don't want to test for my
> own team unless I really have to) so if anyone is
> willing to take me on I am available.

Snake Motorsports still has a seat open :)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
@Stu: The differentiation between qualifying and race points for the perfs is an interesting idea, IMO. However, it is also an interesting fact that the idea comes now that you have the best qualifier in persona of Ed ;-)

@Dan M.: Of course everything of what you said would be implementable in the perf calculator. Yet, the extra effort needed (not only to implement that once, but to keep an eye on which team does what during the season and keep the perf calculator up to date) is huge. I don't say that I wouldn't be willed to do that, but it will definitely complicate things. Yet it would give another progressive feature to the league, what wouldn't be bad.

The tyre influence idea, however, is useless in my eyes. The thing is, as Dan already has pointed out, that this is nothing else than our regular boost points, just on a broader scale. The negative effect of this, however, is that the field aligns even more, because a team that is tyre-boosted without a team boost is closer to a non-tyre-boosted team with team boost. Ergo: The effect of the team boost will decrease even more. To avoid this the tyre-boost would have to be rather high...but then it would be predestined that teams with the other tyre couldn't play any role for big points. So, IMO this is a dead end, although it would be a nice feature in regards to realism.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
We'll probably allow another tyre type, but implementing boost with it is probably too hard basket and doing the perfs and boosts as they are is a big enough job as it is.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Happy to join the GPGSL team to help in any way i can :).
Just like to mention about the tables the same thing i said to mal. Whilst nathan has produced some absolutely great tables, i probably won't be able to do the same, as im restricted to Excel. But you will get all the necessary info so thats all that matters right? ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Would it be possible to see a race-by-race results table on the first page, a bit like how we see on Wikipedia for all other motorsports?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2011 01:43AM by oensan.
oensan Wrote:
> Would it be possible to see a race-by-race results
> table on the first page, a bit like how we see on
> Wikipedia for all other motorsports?

There is a GPGSL Wiki, that could be utilised.
Ladies and gentlemans, this is new ART car!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Nice car Hot Rod, reminds me of the Williams from '98.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Yes, that is a nice livery!

X (@ed24f1)
Turbo Lover Wrote:
> Nice car Hot Rod, reminds me of the Williams from
> '98.

Ditto!!! I was thinking of that exact livery for a potential team livery of mine for future seasons.... looks like ART have beaten me too it!
Love the look of the new season 7 ART car!!! Well done!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Season end, finally. It was not a good race for VSM hoped for some points.
NO WORRIES AT ALL THO, We will be better next time around and we WILL beat ScalaGP !

@Rod,Stefan,ART, Seeing Adecco pisses me off :(:(:P

Nice car guys, good job.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Shape looks nice! Livery very 98 williams as mentioned =P But nice! =)
Nice looking car. :-)
Seven teams have yet to confirm their S7 entry. Check the pinned S7 starter thread please.

Rico Escreveu:
> @Rod,Stefan,ART, Seeing Adecco pisses me off
> :(:(:P

Why??

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Damn, that's really a nice car! Would have liked to drive it next season, lol! ;-) But enough jokes. That's really good work.
I'm only surprised that Castrol got kicked in favor of Shell. But I guess Stefan knows what he's doing.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy