GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
Yay! 1st means I've pulled away from Somogyi in the championship, but it's down to the last round at Silverstone.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Boost Announcement

Applications for team and driver boosts for round 17, British Grand Prix, Silverstone are now open and will close 6pm BST Thursday 22nd September. For team boost please use the subject "Team Boost - (team's name) - Silverstone", for drivers boost "Driver Boost - (driver's name) - Silverstone". Boost Applications must be sent to the GPGSL.

Qualifying for Interlagos has been run, with screenshots been sifted through right now. Hope to have that posted in the next hour or two....
A fairly dull session, with the final 7 minutes seeing zero track action!! 1 incident during the session, from a driver who is fairly sheepish in wanting to mention this.... screenshots should indicate who that driver is/was.....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Welcome back to Interlagos, for today's qualifying session.
40 minutes on the clock for teams and drivers today, and with the majority of the field using boosts, the competition should be close!!

The session is underway....

TNR's Norbert Horvath is first on track...

Horvath sets the benchmark, with a 1m 10.620 lap...

TSS driver Marko Aleksander quickly surpasses that pole time though....

Cartwright goes quicker again....

Warrington trumps them all, to go fastest in the AMR....

AMR team mate, and champion-to-be, Ed Greenhalgh is off the pace....

The Repsol colours of Dean Kittleson look great, as he posts the 3rd fastest time....

Sheppard goes 2nd quickest in the TNR....

Positions 1-8 after the first mad run of laps....

Positions 9-16

Positions 17-22

Busy place in pit lane....

Horvath once again is first back onto the track, hoping to better his 13th position...

Greenhalgh back in action....

Cartwright jumps up into 3rd position...

The top 8 places so far.....

Greenhalgh can only go 10th fastest so far....

Rodrigo Vilela has leapt into 2nd spot on the grid....

Lenovo get some commercial time, as all 22 runners can be seen in their current grid positions....

Rubens Griedanus sets off on a flying lap....

He can't quite match the pole time through the first sector....

Christopher Hinz in the MAC Racing entry brings up the rear of the field....

A bit of traffic, and... whats that below the timing banner?? Looks like a wrecked TNR to me....

Yep, it is Sheppard in the barriers....

Left front wheel gone from the TNR BMW....

Snake Motorsports running line astern....

25 minutes to go, the top 8 so far....l

Positions 9-16....

Positions 17-22

Jack Hunsley sits in 17th spot, as he makes his way through the infield section at Interlagos....

Pole sitter for now, John Warrington is back on track....

Gianluigi Silvestre is the 2nd fastest so far...

Rodrigo Vilela hangs onto 3rd spot after Silvestre leapt over him on the time sheets....

Ben Johnson has emerged from the pits, right in front of a charging pack of fast cars.... A bit stiff to be last, but under half a second off pole!!!....

Warrington is on a flyer....

Kittleson sits in 11th, midfield....

Just over 9 minutes to go, positions 1-8

Positions 9-16

Positions 17-22

And much to the anger of the Brazilian crowd, with over 8 minutes left on the clock, no other cars ventured back onto the track!

Congratulations to Aston Martin Racing's John Warrington, for claiming pole position for the Interlagos race.....

The full grid for the upcoming GP here at Interlagos....

The Race Director will be hoping the race itself has a little more action than the qualifying did !!!!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2011 01:37AM by GPGTV.org/farked.
16th, not good, not too bad
Hopefully I will gain some places in the race and grab a few points

What a shame that Glen and I have absolutely identical times! Could have used that 5th rather than 6th. Anyway, 3rd for Rod is great and 6th for me is also a solid base. I'm confident that we'll finally bring home a double podium! ;-)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Gentlemen, I have just been advised that the race has been run and won. However, one driver failed to make the required second pit-stop therefore the GPGSL will apply the 12.5 second penalty according to the rules.
The coverage is expected to be posted tomorrow afternoon my time with the official results.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
3rd at home GP!!! =D

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Attention Race Fans! Having almost finished going through the billions of screenies FRAPS took of this race, you can expect a whopping coverage coming your way! Upwards of 150 photos look like making the cut! Plenty of action early in the race, some big accidents, an oil fire and some high drama and a brain fade or two.....

Look out for full coverage within the next 24 hours......

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Sounds like a good race! ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
12th and 16th without a boost is a good result. Looks like Michael is settling in now. I think that's the first time he has out qualified jack. Hopefully both cars can get to the finish, and get some points.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

The boost really is ridiculous

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Yes, for once I can start a race after a great qualy ... let's hope I can make the most of it.

Also, top ten in slightly more than 0.1 s and many equal times look like we will have a really close race!

less than 0.5s between first and last. Wow that is close!

Updated helmet, will make it available to download if everyone thinks this version is ok.
Nice work John!

I was relieved to see I was in 4th, because when there were no screens of me after I was still stuck in midfield, I was a little worried.

X (@ed24f1)
Less then average qualy, I've always hated anti-clockwise tracks...
A good result, never seen the top ten in qualifying so close.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
weee 12th! and ahead of my teammate! Lets hope we both manage to get a good bash of points from this! =)
yesss, we have fireee! :D woohooooo!!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Interlagos really didn't like me. Last place! Do not want to repeat that at Silverstone.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy