> > > looked like a pretty average test and
> > qualifying,
> > > my drivers pulled a rabbit out of a hat and
> > > finished in the points.
> > >
> > > On another note, and not to be seen as
> > > 'sour-grapes' in any way shape or form, how
> > long
> > > has it been since Phillip Oakley has posted?
> > > I don't recall any activity for quite a
> while,
> > and
> > > after the effort and the changes we made to
> > allow
> > > back into the series drivers that have been
> > > removed for just that, inactivity!
> > > If Phillip fails to post by the first
> activity
> > > check on the 5th May 1pm BST he is to be
> > removed
> > > permanently. Nothing against Phillip
> personally,
> > I
> > > want to make that clear, however there are
> test
> > > drivers just itching to get their bums into a
> > good
> > > car. If people cannot participate in the
> spirit
> > of
> > > the league, particularly given the amount of
> > > effort that is made by the GPGSL team to make
> > it
> > > all happen, then they don't deserve to be
> here.
> >
> > > The worst part of it is, whilst they remain
> > > inactive, another who is keen to participate,
> > is
> > > locked out of the seat by their action, or
> lack
> > of
> > > it I should say.
> > > If per-chance I am proved incorrect, and
> > Phillip
> > > has posted recently, the majority of my
> > statement
> > > is still relevant regarding inactive
> > participants.
> >
> > I talked with him about that,apparently he
> hasn't
> > the time to make a post...anyway i advised him
> > about the deadline for the first check.
>
> Thats a bad excuse..
>
> Open your browser: 5 seconds
> Open Grandprixgames.org: 10 seconds
> Open this topic: 5 seconds
> Type a crap post: 30 seconds
>
> Within a minute, you are able to post.. You can do
> that when your taking a dump in the toilet, or
> when you sit in the train.. Or even, apperantly
> when hes talking to you about that :P
>
> Inactive drivers are not done.. Oke, first get 1
> warning maybe without punishment. I agree with
> Mortal

I have to agree with Mal on this. Also Charrel is right, it doesn't take much time to post on here. Just to let you know, he's changed his status on Facebook 14 times in the last 7 days, he's certainly got time to do that!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Hello.

Sorry I've been quite inactive. It's been...busy. GCSE's and all that. I promise I'll try and be more active. Can't guarantee anything, but I'll definitely try my best.

Just to update you all on my simracing adventures: I've now got my own proper simracing team, called Blue FlameACMSport. We were originally called Blue Flame Motorsports, but we merged with Alex Cooper's ACMSport, and we merged the names together. Most of the time we just call ourselves Blue Flame, though. We race in Grand Prix Online ST championship and the RDLMS. Next year we hope to race in the FSR championships. Oh, and we have a link with Torrent Motorsports, one of world's biggest simracing teams.

So, onto GPGSL: I'm happy I won this race, shows I'm still going strong, even though I didn't drive for a while :) Here's to a long and prosperous future for me as a driver and Paolo's TGP team! *clinks glasses with nearest available person*

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
msater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello.
>
> Sorry I've been quite inactive. It's been...busy.
> GCSE's and all that. I promise I'll try and be
> more active. Can't guarantee anything, but I'll
> definitely try my best.
>
> Just to update you all on my simracing adventures:
> I've now got my own proper simracing team, called
> Blue FlameACMSport. We were originally called Blue
> Flame Motorsports, but we merged with Alex
> Cooper's ACMSport, and we merged the names
> together. Most of the time we just call ourselves
> Blue Flame, though. We race in Grand Prix Online
> ST championship and the RDLMS. Next year we hope
> to race in the FSR championships. Oh, and we have
> a link with Torrent Motorsports, one of world's
> biggest simracing teams.
>
> So, onto GPGSL: I'm happy I won this race, shows
> I'm still going strong, even though I didn't drive
> for a while :) Here's to a long and prosperous
> future for me as a driver and Paolo's TGP team!
> *clinks glasses with nearest available person*

Hmm. Not enough time to make a post on GPG.org, but plenty enough time to race in a simracing series?

Sorry, that doesn't cut it with me.

If it was just revising for GCSEs and other exams I could understand (that's a weak excuse in itself to be honest - I have university exams in the next month but I'm still here) - but it's clear that you have your priorities all out of shape. If you don't have the time to post on GPG.org, you shouldn't have the time to be in a simracing series.

Pathetic.

EDIT: @everyone else: Apologies for the harshness of this post.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2011 01:09AM by Diax F1.
Diax F1 Wrote:
> msater Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hello.
> >
> > Sorry I've been quite inactive. It's
> been...busy.
> > GCSE's and all that. I promise I'll try and be
> > more active. Can't guarantee anything, but I'll
> > definitely try my best.
> >
> > Just to update you all on my simracing
> adventures:
> > I've now got my own proper simracing team,
> called
> > Blue FlameACMSport. We were originally called
> Blue
> > Flame Motorsports, but we merged with Alex
> > Cooper's ACMSport, and we merged the names
> > together. Most of the time we just call
> ourselves
> > Blue Flame, though. We race in Grand Prix
> Online
> > ST championship and the RDLMS. Next year we
> hope
> > to race in the FSR championships. Oh, and we
> have
> > a link with Torrent Motorsports, one of world's
> > biggest simracing teams.
> >
> > So, onto GPGSL: I'm happy I won this race,
> shows
> > I'm still going strong, even though I didn't
> drive
> > for a while :) Here's to a long and prosperous
> > future for me as a driver and Paolo's TGP team!
> > *clinks glasses with nearest available person*
>
> Hmm. Not enough time to make a post on GPG.org,
> but plenty enough time to race in a simracing
> series?
>
> Sorry, that doesn't cut it with me.
>
> If it was just revising for GCSEs and other exams
> I could understand (that's a weak excuse in itself
> to be honest - I have university exams in the next
> month but I'm still here) - but it's clear that
> you have your priorities all out of shape. If you
> don't have the time to post on GPG.org, you
> shouldn't have the time to be in a simracing
> series.
>
> Pathetic.
>
>
>
> EDIT: @everyone else: Apologies for the harshness
> of this post.

I regard my simracing team in rFactor more important than the GPGSL. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. I think it's justified. I devote all of my available simracing time to my team - it requires an unprecedented amount of work, organising drivers, sorting out squabbles between drivers, setting up a forum, getting a skin painted, making a logo, applying for leagues. Now I've merged with ACMSport, my workload should be considerably lighter, so I can post here, and other places I haven't posted at in a while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2011 01:17AM by msater.
Diax F1 Wrote:
> msater Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hello.
> >
> > Sorry I've been quite inactive. It's
> been...busy.
> > GCSE's and all that. I promise I'll try and be
> > more active. Can't guarantee anything, but I'll
> > definitely try my best.
> >
> > Just to update you all on my simracing
> adventures:
> > I've now got my own proper simracing team,
> called
> > Blue FlameACMSport. We were originally called
> Blue
> > Flame Motorsports, but we merged with Alex
> > Cooper's ACMSport, and we merged the names
> > together. Most of the time we just call
> ourselves
> > Blue Flame, though. We race in Grand Prix
> Online
> > ST championship and the RDLMS. Next year we
> hope
> > to race in the FSR championships. Oh, and we
> have
> > a link with Torrent Motorsports, one of world's
> > biggest simracing teams.
> >
> > So, onto GPGSL: I'm happy I won this race,
> shows
> > I'm still going strong, even though I didn't
> drive
> > for a while :) Here's to a long and prosperous
> > future for me as a driver and Paolo's TGP team!
> > *clinks glasses with nearest available person*
>
> Hmm. Not enough time to make a post on GPG.org,
> but plenty enough time to race in a simracing
> series?
>
> Sorry, that doesn't cut it with me.
>
> If it was just revising for GCSE's and other exams
> I could understand (that's a weak excuse in itself
> to be honest - I have university exams in the next
> month but I'm still here) - but it's clear that
> you have your priorities all out of shape. If you
> don't have the time to post on GPG.org, you
> shouldn't have the time to be in a simracing
> series.
>
> Pathetic.
>
>
>
> EDIT: @everyone else: Apologies for the harshness
> of this post.

I must say I have to agree with Diax on this one. I have been watching this subject develop and for Oakley to be absent and then return to post about another series with a comment about his race win almost as a throw away at the end does kind of rub it in a bit. Might I also add to the melting pot that the subject now needs dealing with officially because he won the race. it may sound a rather obscure thing to say but the reason this discussion has come about is due to inactivity and we now have potentially inactive drivers winning races.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Msater wrote:
> I regard my simracing team in rFactor more
> important than the GPGSL. Sorry, but that's just
> the way it is. I think it's justified.

If you don't mind me saying I'm not sure that was the best thing to admit given the current discussion, even if it is the case. Plus, from a the point of view as a team boss, if one of my drivers made an admission like that if would seriously consider their position in the team.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

It was a reasonable race...finished 15th with the 11th best lap, so I think there's more performance from this car than we showed here...Already looking forward to next race!
Did I say I'd try and post more? Yes. Did I say that now my workload is lighter because of our merger I'd try and post more? Yes. So what's the problem? If you try setting up a real simracing team, competing simultaneously in two leagues, with two lots of organisation to be done in either, for every single race of the season, I bet you'll admit, things like the GPGSL take a back seat.

Mr. Oakley, you have no idea.
You have failed to post in this series since the Season 5 Silverstone GP, then caused a ruckus in the GPGSL by us having to disqualify you for failing to meet activity checks, followed by the GPGSL changing the rules to allow disqualified drivers to return to the series.
Then you waltz in here and make a post, only because you got a warning from your team-boss. I am appalled at your behaviour.
Your continued inactivity is definitely not what I, or others here would call good form. It is apparent that you have little time for the league, and your excuses are lame to say the least.

This series and it's members have worked hard for a number of years, we have watched it grow from the fledgling days of the WGP and the W300, we have seen it's popularity take-off in leaps and bounds, and for us to allow you to retain your seat after such lassez-faire treatment of us and the participants is not on.

I hereby strip you of your win and remove you from the Tafuro Grand Prix race seat permanently. Tafuro Grand Prix will keep the points [provisionally *] towards the GPGSL Constructors Championship.

I and the other members of the board have nothing against you as a person, you are a nice guy, in fact I drove in your team once, however that does not allow you to literally rub our noses in it after we re-instated you and you still failed to post.
Regardless of your win, you would have failed to post by the deadline, had you not been warned in advance by your team-boss. Your excuses make that blatantly obvious.

I take no pleasure in having to remove anyone from the league, and it is just the same for me when I am forced to remove someone from the site. However, it would be an affront to all the participants if the GPGSL allowed you to retain your seat after you failed three activity checks, was disqualified, then re-instated to the new series, and failed to post. Regretfully, you have given me little choice but to take some form of action to redress the situation.

I wish you well Phillip. Be assured, that I, am not happy with you or my having to make this tough decision.
Tafuro Grand Prix is now free to hand your race seat to someone who has the time to participate. Your contract is null and void immediately.

[* The awarding of the R1 Constructors Championship points to be discussed by the GPGSL]

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2011 01:49AM by mortal.
msater Schreef:
> Did I say I'd try and post more? Yes. Did I say
> that now my workload is lighter because of our
> merger I'd try and post more? Yes. So what's the
> problem? If you try setting up a real simracing
> team, competing simultaneously in two leagues,
> with two lots of organisation to be done in
> either, for every single race of the season, I bet
> you'll admit, things like the GPGSL take a back
> seat.

I cant completely agree.. Having a real life also takes a lot of time.. You should be in this series because you enjoy the concept of this league etc..

Not because you have to, because your obligated to make posts.. If you have no time or if its not importent.. give your spot to active and motivated drivers right?
And if you only care about your perf then become a test driver :P

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Auch, that is a hard decision.. But if the boards agree's there is no way back..

Does this mean there is a chance I won the first GP? :P Or that I lead the drivers championship :O

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Charrel Wrote:
> Within a minute, you are able to post.. You can do
> that when your taking a dump in the toilet, or
> when you sit in the train...

Haha

While this is an important point would anyone of posted if Oakley hadn't won today

Edit: Ouch, big decision there from the boss man, but if it's what the GPGSL board have chosen then fair enough I suppose

Obviously if this means that Charrel takes his first win then great, but it's unfortunate to take it under such circumstances

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2011 02:11AM by Ferrari2007.
Nice to see the team score a good 4th position in Australia. Can't wait to get a bit more cockpit time in a fortnight's time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
The GPGSL will re-visit the banned driver discussion as requested, we have been busy with other topics and the launch of the new season. I admit we have been remiss in not addressing it sooner and I apologize for that. At the same time we will discuss the R1 Constructors Points for Tafuro Grand Prix, although I will state for the record that I am against punishing a team for the inaction of one of its drivers.
P1 has been updated and a race seat at Tafuro GP is now officially vacant. The Driver Contracts section has also been updated [see below].
There will be a delay on the posting of the R1 official results.
Not a good start to the season to be mired in controversy but regrettably it had to be done.

I have made the decision to remove Phillip Oakley from the series, it was not a GPGSL management decision, however, I did have consensus from some of the members, therefore my decision was justified.
I have already said, the decision was not based on whether or not Phillip Oakley won the race, it was made on the facts of the situation, that he was banned due to inactivity in Season 5, three strikes and you are out, then re-instated, which immediately caused some drama and discussion over the perfs, which we still have not yet resolved as promised, then after being re-instated for the new season, failed to post for the remainder of Season 5, and during the off season and the commencement of Season 6. Then to turn up with excuses and to publicly state that the GPGSL is a low priority....I rest my case.

The Tafuro Grand Prix race seat should and will go to someone who has an interest in the series. We as the governing body have no interest in running the series for people that cannot give back to us what we give to them. I have said many times it is your series, without you taking an active interest there is little point in us doing it for you. Remember that, we do it for you. We do not want to make the effort, give up our time, make these decisions and more for those who have no time for us.

As a group, we have collectively run over 100 races, members have started fan pages, with stats and driver details, and there is a waiting list for teams to join the series, drivers paint their helmets, team owners make a lot of effort to paint and launch their cars, with great looking renders and a press release. The GP3 forum has an affiliated league using the GPGSL model.
We have something unique, and it belongs to those who can be bothered to make the time to participate.
I stand by my decision, although I have taken no pleasure in it, I did it for the members who have expressed their dissatisfaction with the situation.

GPGSL Driver Contract Amendment Section 22

a) Once a driver has agreed to drive for a team during a certain season, that driver cannot drive for another team during the season without authorisation from their team owner.
b) If a driver breaks off a contract and drives for another team without the agreement of the team owner, that driver will receive a 30 point qualifying and race performance penalty.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
As an afterthought, I am unsure as to how long it will take Tafuro Grand Prix to make a decision on the now vacant race seat, given the situation, the team must be allowed to take time to come to a decision, therefore R2 is now under delay. Once there is an press release from Tafuro GP on the driver line-up status the R2 perfs will no doubt be released by Stu and the delay will be lifted. The R2 boost deadline will not be extended and the activity checks remain in force.

Where's that contract amendment come from Mal? I'd argue it's not really in the spirit of the league as it'll make it harder for driver changes to take place mid-season. It also seems quite biassed against drivers in that they get penalised for breaking a contract but what if a team breaks a contract?

Can I suggest we do not bring in this amendment as from years of experience as a team owner I've found that most driver changes take place with agreement of all involved and so there's no need to bring in measures to discourage drivers from changing teams. Instead we could maybe bring in something to day driver changes must be done with the approval of GPGSL officials. This would allow the majority of changes to take place and so maintain the excitement in the league of driver changes. This would also mean breaks of contract could be punished on their rare occurrence. It'd also allow for officials to dictate when they update the mod.

Just a suggestion :-)

brunoboi Wrote:
> Where's that contract amendment come from Mal? I'd
> argue it's not really in the spirit of the league
> as it'll make it harder for driver changes to take
> place mid-season. It also seems quite biassed
> against drivers in that they get penalised for
> breaking a contract but what if a team breaks a
> contract?

I disagree, it's easy for you to say that because you have arguable the strongest team on the
grid and no one in there right mind would walk away from TSS. On the other hand, as a new
team on the grid I had to work bloody hard to sign the drivers that I did and it is a fantastic
line up that I don't want just walking away to another team.

As I said, and I think Chris will agree with me here, as a new team it is so hard to attract
drivers and if you give them free licence to just walk away at the first sign of trouble then
that would be the end of the small teams.

So to sum up, I think the rule is a good one.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
I think most people in the series are moral enough to discuss driver changes and negotiate with team owners and drivers to allow changes to happen. I have had drivers leave the team just as I have poached drivers from other teams. I always involve the team owner in midseason changes though and have always been asked by others interested in my drivers. I just feel we should be more trusting that actually were all nice guys here to have a good time, too many rules risk making this series overcomplicated and will only push people away from the series.

That amendment did not come from me, it was handed to me by another member of the GPGSL and I have allowed the amendment to go through for the benefit of the new teams. The idea is solely to prevent drivers from breaking their contracts with teams. In other words, all parties must be in agreement, and that is fair for all parties in the contract.

If a driver agrees to sign with a team for a season, he or she can't just up and switch teams due to a better offer. If a driver breaks his contract, they will be penalized for it. I would argue that what is good for the goose is also good for the gander, therefore it should work both ways, and I will make sure that the rules show that a team cannot break a contract as well, and with the same penalty.

This amendment will not discourage drivers from changing teams at any time during a season. If a driver has the opportunity to move to a better team, the GPGSL will not prevent it, or impose a penalty, as long as the team owner agrees to the move.
If a lower ranked team has managed to sign a better ranked driver, and that driver then later decides to take up an offer from a higher ranked team, by leaving without negotiating, he effectively penalizes the lower ranked team.
Part of the series involves the team owners driver strategy. As drivers improve, poaching is bound to occur, and top ranked teams desire top ranked drivers. All teams want that. The amendment will ensure that the driver market is kept open and transparent for everyone.

For example, a current case in point is the recent vacancy at Tafuro Grand Prix, a mid-field team with potential. The team owner has the option of transferring a lower ranked test driver from his own team to the race seat, if one is available, or by negotiating with current team owners for a better ranked driver. This is the fairest option instead of a current driver, either test or race, jumping their seat to join Tafuro Grand Prix without proper consultation with their current team owner, and I believe that this has happened in the past.
The amendment should put a stop to the breaking of contracts unfairly. Prior to this amendment, there was nothing in place to stop a driver walking away from a team, and in some situations it could be bad for that team. A loss of a better ranked driver is not a good thing, team owners have to work to get better ranked drivers, and to keep them, team owners talk them up, treat them well and fairly, and they will stay with your team. If you are a crap team owner, drivers will not want to drive your cars. It's all part of the game. :-)

Hopefully I have given you a better understanding of the reasoning behind the amendment.

Oh dear, I've got the Mark Webber home-town curse!

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy