F1 Manager - 2004 Main Season Thread - Season Over!

Posted by Twigster151 
Ricktworick1 Appointed as BAR Team Principle
After the shock departure of Kenney as the team principle of BAR the British based team have confirmed ricktworick1 as his replacement with immediate effect. Ricktworick was recently appointed as manager of the ART team in GP2 but however he has chosen to vacate his position in the team to move up into the realms of Formula One.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

BAR
Ricktworick1 is happy to be a new principal of British American Racing. However, he feels that if it wasn't Kenney, he would have not got a spot at all. Looking at the form of the team, he will try his best to improve everything and get Top 8 finishes regularly.
F1 2004 German Grand Prix - Race

Hello and welcome to live coverage from the Hockenheim circuit in Germany which plays host to the 12th round of the 2004 F1 World Championship. The news overnight sees BAR team principal Kenney leaving with Ricktworick1 being drafted in as a replacement. Yesterday saw Rubens Barrichello put the Williams on pole and the Brazilian will be looking to convert it into another race win. Michael Schumacher will have other ideas as the German looks to win on home soil following his disappointing retirement last time out in France.

5 lights are on

And the race is goooooo

Barrichello leads the way but Schumacher has lost a place to Montoya

Not a good start for the new BAR team principal, Bas Leinders is in the gravel and will drop to the back

Barrichello sets a new fastest lap at the front

The current standings

Coulthard has a look down the inside of Lotterer but can't get through

He's through now though. Great move by the Scot

The other BAR of Sato is wide

And he's spun it!

Barrichello sets another fastest lap. He looks untouchable at the moment

Heidfeld runs wide in the Sauber

And loses two places

Sato spins into the gravel. Not a good day for the BAR team

Now it's Jos Verstappen's turn to spin

He's spun back onto the track

Oh god! He's collected by Leinders, that looks nasty.

Leinders hasn't moved from his car, hopefully he's ok

Verstappen will pit

As Leinders lays stricken just after turn one, Barrichello sets another fastest lap

Michael Schumacher hasn't seen the yellow flags ans he's hit Leinders, he'll have to pit

Trulli has gained a place with all the drama

5 cars in close proximity to each other. Keep it clean guys!

Raikkonen is now 9th

But he is passed by Glock

Glock's ran wide at turn one

And Raikkonen gets back past

Fisichella is through too

But not for long

Yet another fastest lap for the leader

He looks untouchable

Another one!

That'll be why. He pits from the lead

Pitstop problems for Button and Webber put them down the field

Da Matta is up into second

Here is the top 8

Webber gets past Verstappen

Da Matta is spins

He's hit by De La Rosa

Both drivers are out of the race

Alonso has hit debris, he'll have to pit

Heidfeld runs wide

And Raikkonen is through

Trulli won't be going any further. His car is on fire

Montoya spins!

He's now in 7th

Coulthard passes Fisichella into turn one

Sato spins again

Verstappen's Ferrari engine has let go. He's out

Rubens Barrichello takes the win

Jacques Villeneuve is second

Allan McNish is third

DOTD: Rubens Barrichello - The Brazilian was unstoppable all afternoon.

Arrows Statement

That was a mad race today with lots of incidents and a few enginers going bang. We here at Arrows hope that Leinders is okay after his horrific accident today. We dont like seeing any F1 driver involved in an incident like that. Another solid drive by Zonta to beat some of the rivals and dodge all of the drama. Trulli was unlucky and we hope that at the next race he is back and the car wont suffer any more fires!
Toyota Statement

Grat job again by our guys the day..we were very unlucky not to have a double podium with the incident with de la rosa,just one of those things..but congrats to jv on a great drive to second which consolidates our 3rd place in the standings :)..also we at toyota send our wishes out to bas leinders after that horrific crash,hopefully he will be ok for the next race.
BAR
Hope that Bas is OK. We would not like to see such a crash again, looked terrible. Wasn't a good weekend for us.
Just my like, both my drivers hitting the exact same BAR ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Wirdheim Signs For Williams
Current McLaren Bjorn Wirdheim will be testing for Williams in 2005 after signing a contract with the current championship leaders. The Swede was reported to be 'ecstatic' to be driving for the legendary team and even turned down a race drive in GP2, chosing to instead sign a £1m contract to join Williams.

Frentzen to Race in GP2 Next Season
Heinz-Harald Frentzen will make a return to racing after being demoted to test driver at Minardi this season after signing a contract at Junior Red Bull Racing. The team were willing to fork out £7.5m to acquire his services but they faced no competition from the other teams.

McNish Leaves Jaguar for GP2 Drive
Allan McNish was another driver this week to take a race seat in the inaugural GP2 series after signing on at Racing Engineering. Many were surprised by the Scots decision to leave Formula One as he currently sits in a respectable 11th place in this years championship, however his agent confirmed that he had not received any offers for his driver from any of the F1 teams. As a result he instead signed on at Racing Engineering for a fee reported to be worth around £5.1m.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Drivers open for contract offers until the end of round 13
Karthikeyan £3m
Badoer £5m
Kiesa £3m
Panis £5m
Motoyama £2m
Baumgartner £3m
Jani £6m
Speed £3m
Albers £3m
R.Schumacher £10m
Wilson £7m
Verstappen £7m
Monteiro £4m
Liuzzi £5m
Lotterer £2m
Alonso £13m
Briscoe £1m

Drivers open for contract offers until the end of round 14
Pizzonia £6m
De la Rosa £5m
Webber £9m
Pantano £3m

Contracted Drivers for 2005
Gianmaria Bruni - Jordan - £2m
Sebastian Vettel - McLaren - £10m
Nico Rosberg - McLaren - £8m
David Coulthard - Renault £9m
Nick Heidfeld - Sauber - £9.5
Robert Kubica - Jaguar/Red Bull - £7m
Anthony Davidson - Minardi - £6m
Christian Klien - Minardi - £4m
Gary Paffett - Arrows - £5m
Michael Schumacher - Williams - £21m
Jenson Button - Sauber - £11m
Cristiano Da Matta - Toyota - £6m
Felipe Massa - Ferrari - £9m
Takuma Sato - BAR - £7m
Bas Leinders - BAR - £2m
Giancarlo Fisichella - BAR - £9m
Franck Montagny - Minardi - £4m
Jacques Villenueve - Williams - £9m
Alexander Wurz - Jaguar/Red Bull - £6m
Rubens Barrichello - Renault - £15m
Marc Gene - Renault - £4m
Ricardo Zonta - Arrows - £3m
Timo Glock - Arrows - £6m
Bjorn Wirdheim - Williams - £1m
Heinz-Harald Frentzen - Junior Red Bull Racing - £7.5m
Allan McNish - Racing Generation - £5.1m

2005 Signings Thread

Mclaren Statement

We were extremely unlucky in Hockenheim. Traffic in the pits cost Jenson some points and Fernando hit debris from a crash, not a lot you can do really. We are going to make a decision about Fernando's contract following the test session at Silverstone. Mclaren would like to thank Bjorn for his hard work this season and we wish him luck at Williams next season. Thoughts are with Bas Leinders right now, hope he's ok after that horrible crash.

Jaguar Statement

We are absolutely delighted to take another podium, this being our 3rd this season.

We have already exceeded our expectations and we hope to only move forward in the future.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2011 07:53AM by Macca25.
> Allan McNish - Racing Generation - £5.1m

Do you mean Racing Engineering?
Jordan Statement

No good race for us, we had a wrong setup which made it a bit difficult for Kimi and André to keep the pace of the others. We all at Jordan hope that Bas Leinders is ok after this horrible crash, thoughts are with him.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

A nice 7th & 8th from Couthard and Fisichella.
Right, I have a slight problem as I was due to run the Silverstone test session today ahead of the Hungarian GP, however this morning I discovered that the power cable for my laptop no longer works, which in turn means my laptop is dead and I will have no chance of charging it until next Saturday. As a result the test session at the Silverstone Circuit will be postponed until after the Hungarian GP. I apologise for the inconvenience but there is not much I can do about it. So John, I'f you're still happy to run the next race feel free to post the coverage :)

EDIT: Just so managers you can still send driver offers to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2011 12:00PM by Twigster151.
Maybe, somebody could confirm if Bas sustained injuries. It was a horific crash and obviously the new BAR manager should know if Bas will be fit for the next grand prix'. Obviously it was a hard shock, my leaving looked like to be working as a bad luck charm.
Kenney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe, somebody could confirm if Bas sustained
> injuries. It was a horific crash and obviously the
> new BAR manager should know if Bas will be fit for
> the next grand prix'. Obviously it was a hard
> shock, my leaving looked like to be working as a
> bad luck charm.

From what I've heard he's fine and dandy ;-)

I could run the Silverstone test if you wished Twigster...
Chris2k6 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I could run the Silverstone test if you wished
> Twigster...

Thanks for the offer Chris but the main problem is that the spreadsheet I use to calculate the perfs as well as what the perfs boost for the Silverstone test are going to be, are all on my laptop which I cannot access.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy