GPGSL Season 5- S6 CALENDAR VOTE RESULTS

Posted by GPGSL 
Press Release
Well, that's all folks. I've finally managed to clinch a drivers' title after five seasons of GPGSL. However, if it wasn't for Stu, I wouldn't have. Here's a little story you lot haven't heard before.

Towards the end of S4, I was already playing with the thought of retiring. I was going to resign from the GPGSL Governing Body and my own new rule forced me to choose between being team boss and driver. Since I reckoned it would be easier to retire as a driver, I chose to be that. When I had sold the team to Stu, I still wasn't sure whether to go on or not, but the fact that I was doubting it, pushed me towards retiring. So I contacted Stu to inform him of my decision, but the bastard didn't want to let me go :P He said he wouldn't be able to find a decent driver in such a short amount of time, so I stayed on for another year. The rest, you know.

So here I am, champion after a season I wasn't actually intending on driving. I guess that makes Marko feel even more gutted, sorry man! ;)
Zsigmond Somogyi press release:
This was a typical race in this horrible season....

Other:
Can someone do a list about empty driver and test driver seats for Season 6?
Nice big load of point for MPR

Pity it looks like it's going to be Matt's last race

The inactivity rules are ridiculous right now and have to be changed for next season

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice big load of point for MPR
>
> Pity it looks like it's going to be Matt's last
> race
>
> The inactivity rules are ridiculous right now and
> have to be changed for next season

Are they really ridiculous or is it the fact that they werent enforced at the start of the season in the same ways that they have been throughout the rest of the seasons

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

I'm sorry, but you only say that because you've been hit by it a lot (which I can understand is frustrating). But the rules clearly say that it's a teambosses responsibility to keep his drivers active, which means that it's your responsibility.
that's ok , Nick. I always wanna play on the hard mode.
we lost the battle in mid season when i scored 13 pts in 5 races.
but I have the most points in the all time standings WDC (5 season put togeteher), so that's little consolation or if i choose "sour grapes" mode when it comes to season championship.;)
or if we point out it's a team based drivers championship and teammate is your best merit, heh. Anyway, congrats. You put some great perfomance when needed and do deserve the title.
the thing that's annoyed me was your surrender comments, hence my butthead comment, apologies for that.

Shadow can still win wcc. so we're gonna have some fun in last race, i think it's 1 pts difference.(H)

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Good steady pace and good tactics (and lot of luck) made my 2nd victory. I just wanted to save my car to finish 2nd when I saw Nick going off the track. I never thought I could win once, but the second one is even more joy!!!!!
Congratulations to Nick van Der Voort for winning this seasons championship.
I feel a bit sorry for Marko but he will be strong next year... He always is a titlecontender, not many people can say that.

Also congratulations to BOTH John Maverick and Chris Copeman for a brilliant race weekend. Its fantastic to see a VSM driver on the podium again and to once again score a double pointsfinish. Very deserved to these two brilliant drivers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
What a BAD result! Can't wait for the last race to be over and done ... moving on!

Gefeliciteerd Nick v/d Voort ;-)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
I think the fact you have to replace a driver if he is away for 20 days is a bit crazy, also the perf penalty is pretty big, Matt's perf has been slashed because of these two events

Both times Matt has been punished it is by only a few hours on the day

Obviously there is an element of frustration that all of the drivers I had at the start of the year are now gone

But if someone wants to dissapear its up to them really isn't it

Also I am now at a massive disadvantage for next season as I have lost another driver who I had signed for next season

Everyone knows it's about the drivers in this championship, if you have drivers with low perfs you are at a massive disadvantage, that's why TSS are successful all the time

Look at what happened to IED this season, they lost two key drivers to VSM and have struggled, which has led to a long time member of the league packing up and leaving

Also I know it is important to introduce new blood to this series, but its also important to protect the long time members here, Matt has been punished enough now and my team in particular

Congratulations Nick van der Voort. Great job.
BAR#10 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the thing that's annoyed me was your surrender
> comments, hence my butthead comment, apologies for
> that.

No hard feelings about that. The intention was to annoy you, at which I have succeeded ;)
it's a mix, Dan (RE:its all about drivers).
SCR f.e. have low perf drivers(dean almost base perf) yet look at them, 5 wins, more than any other team.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Rubbish race for me but atleast Nick won the title. Well done Nick

Dan, how have you lost another driver for next season? Matt will be allowed to race and his penalties will be erased.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
nice to see Gianluigi getting points once again!:-)

it's a pity to see Rodrigo retiring again,anyway congrats to Nick for winning the WDC;)

My GPGSL Career

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2011 10:33PM by senna9194.
Stu I honestly didn't know that, thank you

I'm sorry for the outburst its just well frustrating

Any test driver who wants to have a chance at a race seat for the closing race of the year give me a pm

Cheers

I agree it would be good to see an updated 'Provisonal' Season 6 lineup. That way new people coming into the series would have an idea as to where the seats were.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

It would certainly help us all, Chris. There's one test seat free at Southern Cross (look down at the advert thread for the team on Page 1 of the forum) - and that Christel VXR (Elleker, Muller, Vukcevic and van Smirren), MAC Racing (Hinz, Hunsley, McGregor and Turner) and Aston Martin (Greenhalgh, Warrington, Davies and Ingers) are full.

Any other team...no idea.

i believe TafuroGP posted that they have 1 test seat spare? and apart from that they are full? i could be mistaken though

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy