GPGSL Season 5- S6 CALENDAR VOTE RESULTS

Posted by GPGSL 
Well done JM! Nice one (Y) :-) Good show of speed for JW as well, just too damn unlucky with the traffic though :(

Me? Dunno what happened to my can of whoop-ass! It must have sprung a leak! ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Good idea to put videos... now, it's time to make better, like my videos!! ;)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
the idea of voice coverage is a nice novelty idea, I wonder if it was possible to have two people in a skype conversation record themselves, whilst watching the playback at the same time, and then add the audio layers to the final video.

Could be amusing! Maybe only for shorter videos <5 mins or so.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Can we not just get on the old dog and bone to murray? He has got plenty of time now ;)

Also 4th place. Sweeeet. Trying to repay the faith the boss put in me at the start of the season.

And i love the coverage, it was very exciting getting to watch yourself cruise around the track. :) what is next live streaming ;)
crap! 16th! had hoped for more! especially after the surprise of the first free practise session of the season....hoping for a better race result! =)
danm schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the idea of voice coverage is a nice novelty idea,
> I wonder if it was possible to have two people in
> a skype conversation record themselves, whilst
> watching the playback at the same time, and then
> add the audio layers to the final video.
>
> Could be amusing! Maybe only for shorter videos <5
> mins or so.

In general this is abolutely possible. The RD takes a simple video coverage, like I did, and compresses it into divx (I tried to avoid it, but without compression the file is much too big for an upload, anyway. The next step is that both people start the video coverage at the same time and talk over Skype while everybody records his own audio track (with Audicity for example). This method brings a better result as if one person records both voices from his soundcard. After that you load the video into VirtualDub (or any other movie making program) and mix the two audio tracks to the video. Et voila, in the end it sounds like two reporters sitting in the cabin. But two additional audio tracks increase the file size again (can't say how much exactly at the moment) and it's a lot of work, with watching the race again and editing all the stuff I'd say it's about 2 hours additional work ;-)

/edit: And I forgot another argument: Because of the time delay which is caused by Skype it can happen that in the final mixed audio track both persons tend to speak at the same time although it sounded alright during talking over Skype. But as I said, that's better than taking the signal from the audio card because then you get Skype's bad quality audio ;-)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2010 11:36PM by JohnMaverick.
Nice result for teh MPR. And we now get videos! Even more nicer :D
Are you a sexy girl with a nice ass? Otherwise, I'm sorry, but you're not suitable for this role.

I've been fortunate enough to have seen for myself that Keeley is in fact quite a hotty! :-) So nerrr!!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
The GPGSL declares the Free Practice Results as Official.

Congratulations to Philip Oakley Blue Flame Honda for posting the fastest lap time.

14th place. A bit soul destroying coming off the great performance back in France.... oh well.
Murray walker is cool. Anyone but the ITV guy.

Kx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2010 04:16AM by KGrant.
getting the 5th place is really nice:-)congrats to my ex teamboss for the great result;)

gianluigi,don't worry,you'll improve surely;-)

the TGP car seems very nice in FP;into first 3 rounds i got 3 times into TOP 5.that's fantastic:-)and now i'm sharing the lead with ruben;)

hoping to get internet at home again into some days...

My GPGSL Career
Great coverage of the FP! :-) I was wondering whether it was possible to show the rev counter thingy in the onboard shots, is that do-able?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Do you mean Lo2k's speed indicator? The one which comes with with the gpxpatch? That'd definitely be possible although it might look nasty as you can only turn it on and off in 3 steps (full, partly, off) with one button at the keyboard

oh, and I just forgot: The Qualifying will be run after my breakfast and uploaded after the F1 race later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2010 10:47AM by JohnMaverick.
About video commenting, I think it's possible to solve delay times problem. If the 2 commenters synchronize their watches it's possible to calculate delay times. Then they just have to start videos they're commenting with the same delay.

Good theory but I suppose that wouldn't work because of two reasons:

1. I can't prove it but I'm very sure that Skype doesn't have the exact same delay all the time
2. When you talk to each other via Skype you don't really recognize the time delay. This means, totally apart from when whom starts the race, when one person answers to the other the same problem occurs again, because you don't recognize it while speaking but the audio tracks will cross anyway.
All in all it would be much easier to manually displace the two audio tracks slightly, that'd be a good way to solve the problem. It just means even more work on that ;-)

Qualy is run and I promise you, it was very surprising :D
I decided to yet do another video montage instead of pics and am just compressing it.

JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good theory but I suppose that wouldn't work
> because of two reasons:
>
> 1. I can't prove it but I'm very sure that Skype
> doesn't have the exact same delay all the time
> 2. When you talk to each other via Skype you don't
> really recognize the time delay. This means,
> totally apart from when whom starts the race, when
> one person answers to the other the same problem
> occurs again, because you don't recognize it while
> speaking but the audio tracks will cross anyway.
> All in all it would be much easier to manually
> displace the two audio tracks slightly, that'd be
> a good way to solve the problem. It just means
> even more work on that ;-)
>
>
> Qualy is run and I promise you, it was very
> surprising :D

> I decided to yet do another video montage instead
> of pics and am just compressing it.

VSM on pole?

My GPGSL Career
No comment, you'll have to wait until the video is up (even with crappy voice coverage by myself!) after the F1 race :-)

looking forward to it.
btw, weather was set to 25, right?:-)

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy