GPG SuperLeague - S4 Over! WDC Matt Houston! WCC Velox! Season 5 Vacancies. JOIN NOW!!

Posted by GPGSL 
11th in FP not bad in my second FP since years.

Raymond Buijs - Thunder Design

Burn Rubber, Not your soul !
msater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great qualifying, nice job by Ed and me to lock
> out the front row! Phoenix, great by Paolo,
> excellent, Mal, you'll do better in the race imo!
>
> @Dan I've won two titles - unless the rule comes
> in that team bosses can only drive for their own
> team I'll be a team boss as I've got something up
> my sleeve for Phoenix in S5. You never know, I
> might sell Phoenix and return as a driver some
> day!

yeah mate,qualify was great.as happened to Zak in S3;strong in qualify,weak in race;).I hope mal can recover in race:-)

don't sell phoenix(N):-O

My GPGSL Career
Despite forgetting the boost, this isn't such a bad result. The most important thing is that Matt was able to keep Marko behind him.

And thanks a lot for the kind words :)
I do not have a problem seeing the same teams up and around the top. I really do not want to see a reset every year or even a cycle. Yes ideally we want everyone in for a chance of a win but thats not what happens in real life. Teams develop over time. It is like i dont want to see team owners be forced to give up seats. Make them drive for their own teams by all means its just like i am only new to the series so i know i am testing for a while but i personally would not feel right taking a seat because we forced someone out of it.
I really liked the idea of staggered boosts. So the lower down the drivers table you can have a greater perf boost. I dont really know the ins and outs of how the perf works so i can understand if over complicating the values is a no go.

Is there nothing we cannot take from motorsport that exists now? A simulated engine limit where the perf decreases the longer you keep that engine and its failure rate increases. I mean i dont love that idea i just spitballing something from current racing
brunoboi Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I belive TSS near the top becuase we've made best
> use of our boosts and I've been wokring hard to
> make sure we have had the best drivers. I put a
> fair bit of time into the GPGSL and don't see why
> teams such as ours should be punished for doing
> well. As previously stated the current system
> allows lower teams the chance to grab top drivers
> but it's up to the managers to make sure they
> convince the top drivers that they can be
> successful.
>
> Many team managers seem to forget that the top
> test drivers have performances significantly
> better than their current drivers. If I were in
> their position I'd be snatching up these new guys
> if I really wanted to improve my team.
> Realistically you're not going to get the top
> drivers moving to the bottom teams but this is a
> tactical game which runs over a long period, if
> you want success then you have to forward plan and
> work your way up the grid from season-to-season.
> John and myself managed to get TSS up to the front
> and this season I haven't done as good a job and
> so have fallen back a bit. The shifting between
> the teams shows that the current system does work.

That's true, you can work yourself up the rankings, Alpha was doing quite bad at the start of the season, but we've managed to get to 6th in the championship. The midfield is very close, but there's a big gap between the top 4/5 and the rest of the field.

UAE GP

RACE

Moment away from 12th GP of the season. It's TSS front row, with Santilal, Houston right behind.

Light are green?

yeah they are !!!

Greenhalgh presses boost, as does Santilal

Flying start, MONIL TAKES THE LEAD!!

ALEKSANDER LOSES A POSITION ,

TO VAN DER VOORT AND VAN SMIRREN, WHO IS BOOSTING HIS WAY TROUGH

THREE WAY

SANTILAL PULLS AWAY!

van der Voort storms trough and is now challenging matt

and van SMIRREN WANTS THE 5TH PLACE OF OAKLEY

BEING OVERTAKEN IS NOT WHAT ALEKSANDER NEEDS IF HE WANTS THE TITLE

TAFURO IN POINTS ATM, IT ONLY'

S JUST BEGUN

INGERS MOVED UP THREE PLACES

SANTILAL HOLD THE POSISTION, BUT IT'S STILL LAP 1

HOUSTON HAS GOTTEN THE BEST OF THE TEAMMATE BATTLE

VELOX MATCH IN OVERTIME

VAN SMIRREN MEANS BUSINESS. PERHAPS VSM IS PICKIN UP

LOTS OF ACTION AND ATTEMPTS OF OVERTAKING, WINSTON GOES AFTER VAN RENSELAAR

AND NICK ISNT DONE YET

SO MUCH ACTION AND STILL ON EAH, LAP ONE, SANTILAL LEADS

MATT TAKES P3 BACK

FINALLY LAP ONE OVER

STILL RUNNING!

ALEKSANDER GET THAT SPOT BACK FROM RICO, WHILE VAN DIJCK PASSES GROENEBOER

INGERS V CARTWRIGHT IN THE BACKGROUND

WARRINGTON MOVING UP

STEFAN OBSERVES AS WINSTON PASSED TAFURO

GREENHALGH DIDN'T MAKE THE MOST OF HIS POLE POSITION AND IS FINDING HARD TO KEEPING UP WITH MPR

TAFURO UNDER PRESSURE

SANTILAL IS BUILDING UP THE GAP ON GREENHALGH

WHOA, HORVATH AND VAN HET BOLSCHER HAVE A CONTACT

BYRON TURNED THE WRONG WAY, WHILE NORBERTH CARRIES ON RIGHT DIRECTION

REPLAY SHOWS THAT BEFORE THE HORVATH/BOLSCHER INCIDENT, KEELEY GRANT SUFFERED A SUSPENSION PROBLEM!!YOU CAN SEE HER CAR

WELL OAKLEY DID TELL NICK TO MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!

JUST MOMENTS LATER VAN DIJCK GOES AFTER RICO, THE LATTER LOSES CONTROL - NO CONTACT - AND SPINS!

IT'S NOT A PARKING LOT, GUYS!

ALEX VS CHRIS

MONIL FIRMLY IN LEAD

DONUT KING IS 7 PLACES UP ALREADY!

AND STU WANTS SOME POINTS!

HOOUSTON SETTLED INTO THIRD

WHILE ALEKSANDER IN 5TH

STANDINGS, HINZ DOWN TO 21! WE'LL HAVE TO CHECK THE REPLAY FOR THAT!

GREENHALGH CLOSER TO MATT THAN TO MONIL

LUCKY SEVEN IN DIRECT BATTLE WITH IED, WINSTON TAKES 7TH

VAN RENSELAAR BY TAFURO

APPARENTLY WE HAVE THE REPLAY READY, WARRINGTON ATTACKED HINZ, HE SHUT THE DOOR AND THAT RESULTED

IN THIS ...

BACK TO LIVE ACTION, TIM VAN DIJCK IS CATHCING UP WITH MARKO ALEKSANDER!

GREENHALGH ALREADY 3 SECONDS DOWN TO SANTILAL

TEAMATE BATTLES!

ALEKSANDER KEEPING UP WITH VELOX CURRENTLY

STODDART THROUGH

HORVATH HAS A LOOSE WHEEL

AND ALEKSANDER HAS VAN DIJCK CLOSING IN!

PLAYBOY GOING FOR PODIUM, AND GAP TO ALEKSANDER WOULD INCREASE IN WDC

AFTER TEN LAPS

PART 2 COMING LAAAAAAAATER THIS EVENING

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Disappointing race so far for the Shadows.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
A Vision.

The GPGSL is doing really well and while I appreciate Tom's opinion of 'if it's not broken, don't fix it', I do feel that we need to do a little fine tuning here and there, after all, thats what we have been doing up to now and its proven to be successful.

I feel team boost should stay at the current level of 24, but I do like the idea of the less powerful teams getting more boost, top team TSS started S4 with 804 bhp, bottom team Phoenix 801, therefore TSS should get 24 and Phoenix 27. If we were to increase boost to 40, the difference of 3 bhp wouldn't be here or there in my opinion. Team's should gain engine power less quickly too. Teams are reaching the engine cap around halfway through the season, I would rather the cap wasn't reach until towards the end of the season. Dividing the points by 6 rather than 4 to calculate engine bhp would help to achieve this. While Dan's 3 engine types idea is a good one, I feel it would be difficult to implement into the perf calculator.

Driver boost should be the similar to team boost. The extra boost for lower drivers should be the difference between their perf and the top drivers perf. F.e. Phil Oakley's S4 starting perf was 16080, Ross Cartwright's was 16039, so Phil's boosts would be 50 and Ross's would be 91, a new driver on the base perf would get 110. The number of boosts increased to 6. Team bosses should drive for their own teams only, but they should be able to race rather than test.

The testers, I think, should have a 10-15 lap race every 3 events along with their normal free practice so to give them a bit of action and exposure, but not to overshadow the main series.

Nick's idea to change the activity penalties is excellent and seems to meet with everyone's approval :)

There! My vision of the future of the GPGSL :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
PART TWO

iS SANTILAL HEADING FOR HIS FIRST VICTORY SINCE FANTASTIC SEASON ONE, WHEM HE WON FOUR RACES?

ALEKSANDER HAS BIG PROBS WITH KEEPING VAN DIJCK AT BAY

AND INGERS OVERTAKES TAFURO

FIRST ROUND OF STOPS UNDERWAY

RACE LEADER MONIL SANTILAL FIRST TO STOP
TAKES A HEAVY FUEL LOAD FOR 2ND STINT

GREENHALGHS yet to stop

SANTILAL REJOINS IN 8TH, WILL HE GET THE LEAD BACK ONCE GREENHALGH AND HOUSTON STOP REMAINS TO BE SEEN!

VAN DIJCK PASSES ALEKSANDER!

STILL PUSHING

NOW NICK, TIM AND MARKO STOP, WHOSE MECHANICS WILL WORK FASTER?

AS OTHER CARS ARE COMING IN, ALEKSANDER IS FORCED TO WAIT BEFORE HE DRIVES ON THE PITLANE AND LOSES VALUABLE TIME!

VAN RENSELAAR GOT IN FRONT OF ALEKSANDER

LOCKING UP AS STEFAN HOLDS THE POSITION

ED AND MATT FINALLY STOP

SANTILAL REMAINS P1 AFTER 1ST STOPS!

BEST DRIVE OF HIS SEASON,VAN DIJCK SHOWN PROMISE ALREADY IN HUNGARY, BUT THIS IS EVEN BETTER AS WEATHER ISNT INFLUENCING!

ALEKSANDER IN 8TH WITH STODDART ALREADY GETTING CLOSE, THOSE DUNLOPS ON MPR MUST BE graining;)

WINSTON UP TOP 6TH!!

AND VAN RENSELAAR IN 7TH

HALF WAY TROUGH

WARRINGTON IS ON FIRE, PASSED ALEX

AND WORLD CHAMPION TRYING TO DO WHAT HE CAN TO GAIN A PLACE OR TWO

GREENHALGH IS DECREASING SANTILAL'S ADVANTAGE!

WARRINGTON TAKES STU FOR 12TH

MONIL SANTIL GOING FOR MPR BACK TO BACK WIN AND HIS FIFTH!

ALEKSANDER'S GOT STODDART TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT, GRAINING ON TYES OR JUST A BAD DAY FOR MPR DRIVER?

PRESSES THE BOOST BUTTON

BUT EXPERIENCED SEASON 3 runner up SHUTS THE DOOR

AND ...

15 LAPS TO G O, SANTILAL STILL IN P1

ED HAS GOT THE PACE THOUGH TO CHALLENGE

GROENEBOER IN HIS WDc STANDINGS POSITION

OAKLEY IN HIS COMEBACK, BY DE BOER

GREENHALGH COMING CLOSER!

THIS IS FAR FROM DECIDED, GREENHALGH HAS BEEN GAINING CONSTANTLY IN 2ND STINT

2ND ROUND OF STOPS ON THE WAY, AND TSS DRIVER CATCHES UP WITH MPR ONE!

GREENHALGH GOES TO PITS FIRST!

SANTILAL AND HOUSTON HEAD TO PITS, WILL GREENHALGH OVERTAKE MONIL?
VAN DER VOORT HASNT STOPPED YET

GREENHALGH MANAGES TO TAKE THE LEADING POSITION, SANTILAL LOSES THE SPOT WHEN REJOINING!

WARRINGTON AND RICK BATTLE IT OUT

NICK PITS WHILE ALEKSANDER IS STAYING OUT LONGEST

FASTEST LAP BY SANTILAL

STAYING LONGEST ON SUCH A CIRCUIT WHERE TYRE WEAR IS HUGE DOESNT TURN OUT WELL

DROPS FEW PLACES AGAIN,ALEKSANDER now DOWN IN 11TH

OAKLEY TAKING 14TH FROM TAFURO

AND WITH FRESH TYRES ALEKSANDER FINDS SOME PACE AS CARTWRIGHT FINDS OUT

ONE SECOND

ALEKSANDER IN HIS COMEBACK PASSES ROSS

5 LAPS TO GO AND SANTILAL IS ANSWERING, ONLY 0,8

CARTWRIGHT DROPS TO SPOT TO STU

IT'S GAME ON

ALEKSANDER TAKES NINTH FROM WARRINGTON

THINGS ARE HEATING UP!!

INDEED AS GREENHALGH LOCKS UP!

KEEPS THE LEAD

YES AUTOMATIC RACE DIRECTOR KNOWS WHERE THE ACTION IS, 2 LAPS TO GO!

IT APPEARS THAT SANTILAL HAS DECIDE TO MAKE HIS MOVE

AND

MAKES IT TROUGH!! what a great battle between the two all race long!

IN THE MIDFIELD ALEKSANDER CLOSING IN ON GROENEBOER

AND FASTEST LAP FOR GOOD MEASURE

SANTILAL HAS BEEN WANTING THIS VICTORY FOR SO LONG

ANOTHER MPR IN ACTION, ALEKSANDER WANTS 8TH PLACE BACK

AND GETS IT, SOME DAMAGE LIMITATION

MONIL SANTILAL ON ROUTE TO HIS FIFTH CAREER WIN

FIRST TIME SINCE SEASON 1

ITS' BEEN A LONG TIME COMING ...

.... MONIL SANTILAL IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!! WINs THE UAE GP!

OFFICIAL RESULTS SHORTLY

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2010 09:33PM by GPGTV.org/farked.
What about maybe ditching the team performance boost values, and replacing them with one of three engine value ideas.

Would work the same was as having the current team boosts. Except instead of choosing where to spread any number of the 24 allocated boosts; you would have just three types that worked in essence, the same as say a low engine equivalent to 4 boost points; a medium engine at say 8 perf points; and a high engine at 12 boost points. Using each engine choice six times per seasons in an 18 season calendar would stop the running out of boosts and how to spread them out concerns. All teams would also be forced to have strong weekends, and not so strong weekends, and that is where drivers and driver skill and perf comes into effect.

I don't know how complicated it is for bosses to take in individual team boosts on a week by week basis, and working out all the various figures in the current system. I guess this idea would simplify it by having only three major choices.

This would force some teams to have slow cars, but compensated by quick drivers.

That keeps the drivers a vital part of it, and doesn't lose work they have put in.

Might be a nice idea to test run a system like this to see how much if differs from the current team boosts.

The guys that are good, are just too good. So either castrate them a bit (unfavoured); or encourage others a chance to catch them. With the best drivers in the best cars as is working out, it will only get worse I think, and we are reaching that equilibrium where we will notice the repetition even more.

Shuffling the driver market is one way - like we have all said, some testers are better than the main guys. Trouble is, we don't know how to spot this, as pef values don't always add up to race credentials. Short tester races as mentioned would be a good way. Or force one or two races a year to add the tester to the main race, via main driver injury or something. Lergies. Flu. Tiddlywink accident.

Looking at the results, it does seem that slower teams have to use a fairly big boost just to come close to the midfield and end of the points; whilst the top teams can get away with not using any or just a few points and will still be ahead anyway, even not using a boost. Count how many of the second half of the field shout about wasting boosts and not having an effect! Played over a season, you will find the smaller teams would probably have to use 1/4 or a 1/3 of the entire season boost allocation in one race just to even have a sniff of a top 10 finish let alone a point. And if they do get a chance, it looks like they only have 3 maybe four chances of that before the boosts run out.

In that respect, more boosts to slower teams could fix that. Good idea whoever suggested it! Simple to implement too.

Too many ideas so far. It is making things confusing for us all.

In short, I'd say I favoured these the most, based on ease of implementation and the fact the current systems works, just needs tweaking:

- Team Owners can race, but only within their own team. This can be a main OR a test role. Just as long as it is their own.
- Give testers a chance to have either a short 20 lap race 2 or 3 times a season; or allow them to take a main driver seat once or twice a season through 'injury' or 'illness'. That gives them track performance recognition.
- Increase boosts to the lower half of the field.
- Ditch the pole and fastest lap point bonuses. We know the fast guys who get the pole or fastest lap will also likely get a podium or points. Why give them even more rewards and extend the fast to slow gap?
- Seeing how the real F1 pans out, maybe implement the 2010 F1 Points system.
- Use the new punishment system for drivers who aren't active.
- Limit driver transfers mid season. Main drivers not allowed an inter-team change. If they are unhappy, they must leave the team and enter the test series. All other driver changes must select a tester from their own team as replacement.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2010 09:12PM by danm.
OFFICIAL UAE GP RESULTS

Congratulations to Monil Santilal (MPR) for the victory

DRIVERS BEST LAPS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2010 10:07PM by GPGSL.
7th is a good result to keep up the fight in the constructors championship.

Excellent result. Our main rivals all finished behind us!

@ Dan: TBH, I can't see how your engine system differs from the current boost system. Having no boost would mean having the worst engine, having a small boost is your medium engine and having a large boost is the high engine. They both do the same and you have a little more freedom in the current system because you can exactly decide how much your boost should be.

Also I don't really like to force people do to something. I'd rather stimulate.

I like the idea of giving slower teams a larger boost and dividing the points by 6 instead of 4 will make the boosts more important.

Taking away the pole position point and the fastest lap point does make sense. It does increase the gap between slow and fast.
Sigh.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Well .. I finished.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Very good race from both Matt and Nick. That was a very solid performance and a real nice looking fight at the beginning.
In this single race there was more action than in all 2010 formula 1 races until now together ;-)

Btw: Absolutely stunning coverage, Marko. That was really amazing. I nearly thought to watch it like a movie.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I give up. No significant points for me and no points for Phoenix. *sigh* Maybe S5 will be better.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
You are already a double champion, 2 out of 4 is more than enough :P
A good result overall. Pitting early for the 2nd stop was good for some initial track position, but unfortunately the tyres wore away too early in the final stint. Well done Monil!

Also, nice work by Stefan to get some more useful points, and bad luck Alex for missing out by only a couple of seconds.

X (@ed24f1)
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRST WIN SINCE SEASON 5 AND I'M FEELING HAPPY BABY YEAH!!!!! WOOO!!!!! AH I FEEL SO GOOOOOD!!

JUST ECSTATIC, HERE'S TO MPR FOR STICKING WITH ME. YES AND A FASTEST LAP AS WELL!!! YES!!!

Ed you were a good competitor! :D!!!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy