Ask Geoff

Posted by mortal 
Ask Geoff
Date: December 13, 2009 02:43AM
Posted by: mortal
Seein' as it's Christmas, Geoff might just answer some of your questions. Be nice. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Ask Geoff
Date: December 13, 2009 03:10AM
Posted by: Monza972
Could we have the source code
Date: December 13, 2009 04:22AM
Posted by: retop56
lol I'd say the same as above can we have the source code.

--------------------------------------
I play GP4
2004-2008 mods!
Date: December 13, 2009 06:15AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
Is there a way to change the lap limit, I really want to have endurance races. Also can we have the source code.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 06:16AM by mclarenaustralia.
Date: December 13, 2009 07:01AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Geoff your my hero.
Source code would be nice or some update to hadle more
than 11 teams and Internet play hot
Date: December 13, 2009 07:42AM
Posted by: retop56
Is Geoff really apart of these forums, or is this just a wishlist-type thread.

--------------------------------------
I play GP4
2004-2008 mods!
Date: December 13, 2009 10:03AM
Posted by: mortal
Was that a question?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 13, 2009 12:48PM
Posted by: madotter
It would be funny if Geoff was actually hiding under the name "sheepy"...

But seriously, I think I would ask if Geoff was approached by Codemasters for the new F1 game next year? I would be suprised if he wasn't, Codies said they did their research into other GP games such as GP4 and would surely want to know more as GP4 is the most played and supported F1 game out there and after all, Geoff is the genius behind it.
Date: December 13, 2009 01:25PM
Posted by: Rot Teufel
Well, first thanks for the GPx series.

There will be a chance to see a Grand Prix 5 in the future?

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Date: December 13, 2009 01:31PM
Posted by: racingstefan
How can we increase the maximum amount of sectors for a track? I want Le Mans and the Nordschleife for GP4 ;)

And the source code would be nice, 13 teams woul be cool :)

Date: December 13, 2009 01:32PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Would you consider releasing a patch/update for Grand Prix 4 (maybe like GP3:2000) that improves the game, fixes some problems, and adds new features, such as the ability to have more than 11 teams? Seeing as the game has already lasted a long time, and still holds up fairly well to much newer released games, this could be a nice way to ensure the game has a long future to come, which would be great to see.

I think an official update is more likely than the source code, because I could understand not wanting to share any secrets to other developers.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 01:32PM by SchueyFan.
Date: December 13, 2009 02:35PM
Posted by: Lo2k
If we ever have a chance to ask questions to Geoff, I'm pretty sure You can stop asking for GP4 patches or updates because his team has been dissolved and thus no more work will ever come to enhance GP4 the way we would love to play it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 02:36PM by Lo2k.
Date: December 13, 2009 04:05PM
Posted by: gezere
Old GP4 Team dissolved ? I am sure he would be interested by your skill Laurent to be a member of a new hypothetic team....and
Don't worry if you need somebody to map and paint your future GP5's cars, I, and RSCT Modding Group members are interested.
Are you interested by my offer Geoff ? ;-) ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 04:09PM by gezere.
Date: December 13, 2009 05:01PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Hehe, you'd better ask Geoff for that ;)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 05:04PM by Lo2k.
Date: December 13, 2009 07:05PM
Posted by: danm
I actually wouldn't joke about them visiting these places - it happens! Real F1 teams have used our guys' work to update their own games for promos/practice as proven by some youtube and pics. It happens!

Heck, even the other companies approached mod groups for other sim racing games to assist in the real saled item.

Weird as it seems. I know if I had made something I for sure would see what people thought, and see how it was going. I had a piece of my artwork on my old school front entrance reception for 3 years, and I ALWAYS eavesdropped when I saw people looking and talking about it!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: December 13, 2009 07:12PM
Posted by: madotter
I wonder if any teams or a business that has used some updates from here have been told about the leeching rules!? I hope they asked permission!!!

*ugh*
Date: December 13, 2009 07:20PM
Posted by: Shaddix
Geoff will probably have visited this site a couple times

if you make a game, it would be weird not to check out the fansite(s) at least once

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
Date: December 13, 2009 07:30PM
Posted by: Nickv
If I made a game and found a fansite about it, I'd register there and be the forums annoying fanboy :P
Date: December 13, 2009 09:12PM
Posted by: danm
It goes without saying that the codemasters forum for the new f1 game is littered with comparisons to GP4 and what this site is filled with - editied items galore. They know what makes a game live long, they aren't stupid.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: December 13, 2009 09:16PM
Posted by: gezere
Lo2k écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hehe, you'd better ask Geoff for that ;)

Exactly what I am doing in my last sentence ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy