Ask Geoff

Posted by mortal 
Re: Ask Geoff
Date: December 15, 2009 09:51PM
Posted by: mansell92
Well, if that really was Geoff then I guess there's some truth to the idea that you should hope not to meet your heros because you'll only be disappointed :( We didn't quite meet him, sure, but that's about as close as most of us will ever get.
Date: December 15, 2009 10:26PM
Posted by: mortal
Look, it might be the real Geoff, and then it might not, how would I know, the ip does not match any known user ip on the site, however any smart cookie would know that and post from elsewhere when using the account, a known workaround to remain anonymous and prevent tie ins to another account. It is not Jim, 100% guaranteed, so put that to rest. The account has been active for a few years, and is not used often, so who knows? I cannot really say. It could be a wind-up, and then it might not. My post was a bit of fun, to see if I could drag Geoff out into the open, and I have. He might not respond again. Meanwhile, enjoy the fun. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 15, 2009 10:41PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I want to apologyze to Jim if thats the case.
Very sorry
Date: December 15, 2009 11:15PM
One should not make assumptions. :-)
I see Sir Geoff posted in the F1 forum this morning. That's a first!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 16, 2009 04:49AM
Posted by: GeoffCrammond
A good spot there Mal, your keen eye for detail has not diversed I see.

I don't want to apologise for my shunted responses to such questions; but I do not find a purpose in the giving of such dire acts as an 'interview'. I never have, and never will I am afraid.

I think it would be silly not to suspect the creator of something to inherently check-up on their product.; wouldn't you? ;)

Perhaps it would seem inevitable that the manufacturer of a refrigerator; or even something as minute as a door handle would, persay, wish prospective purchasers a reason to retain customer lloyalty in such item/s? I find the very same for the 'interview'; somewhat a nonsense and orchestrated fiction of showing something how you want; and others want to see said topic. Poor gentlemans advertising, maybe?

The industry works in similar ways and depicts not too distant familiarities, mostly in terms of mannerisms I find. A product is best advertised in the way it is used; the way it is endured; and the way it finds both old and new uses. That old glass jar sitting in the cupboard was yesterdays fruit conserve; yet is also next winters pickling apparatus. Old things keep reinventing themselves, and that is what fascinates me most.

As much as I would oppose to have to become the spoilsport I have always been; I do feel it is important sometimes to be the spoilsport. Should we call this the 'anti-interview'? I hope not!

I feel that the users do all the interviewing themselves; they take my job for me. After all, they are the advertisers and users; they are my fruit conserve and pickling jars in one. :)
Date: December 16, 2009 05:34AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Mr Crammond have played or tested Gp4 with any of the updates that this community has provided?
Have you tried some of the tools?

Kind regards
JC.
Date: December 16, 2009 05:35AM
Very well said Sir Geoff, most eloquent if I do say so myself! (Y) Have a beer on us. (B)

Date: December 16, 2009 07:21PM
Posted by: EC83
Think it's pretty awesome that Geoff himself posts here from time to time - and a real reflection on the quality of the site and community TBH :)

Date: December 16, 2009 08:52PM
Posted by: Morbid
Let the anti-interview continue unabated!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: December 16, 2009 09:21PM
Posted by: racingstefan
jcaranti Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mr Crammond have played or tested Gp4 with any of
> the updates that this community has provided?
> Have you tried some of the tools?
>
> Kind regards
> JC.

I would like to know that too :)

Date: December 16, 2009 09:46PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
wow is it really you Geoff! Nice to see you post here if it is! What a great game you and your team developed!!

What do you think of the new tools+mods available, are you a fan of the modifications?

Would you not work with developers here to enhance the functionality of the game? This way it will keep on top of its competition for years like it has been since the start!

Date: December 16, 2009 10:11PM
Posted by: schroeder
well said geoff:
"Old things keep reinventing themselves, and that is what fascinates me most."

it´s very fascinating how many good fruits this commutity was putting in your/our pickling jar over the years. :)

matt

btw: i´d really like to have that gp4.exe from your personal edition...since i think you are modding and perfecting it for yourself... as the most here do. ;)
Date: December 16, 2009 10:27PM
Posted by: Naboo
do u want a hug?
Date: December 16, 2009 11:04PM
I'll have one lol!

Date: December 18, 2009 12:16AM
Posted by: MARSALA
If thats Geoff, Then I'm really Obama!
Date: December 18, 2009 07:31AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Good point Marsala. For all we know, that was Mortal himself... ;) I don't believe it was him.
Date: December 18, 2009 09:44AM
I've already said, it is not me.

Date: December 18, 2009 02:17PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've already said, it is not me.

But, do you have proof? Because without that, that statement is worth nothing.

Btw, we all know you're one of the jokers on this site ;-)
Date: December 19, 2009 09:17AM
I could provide proof, but posting Geoff's ip address would be a breach of privacy. Therefore, you will have to accept my word on it.

Date: December 19, 2009 12:17PM
Posted by: mangrove
Codemasters will release the F1 2010 next year in PC platform. If some of us will not be happy with 11 teams & 17 circuits, we have an alternative in a complete package coming soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy