GPG Super League - Season 3 (finished): Pre-season 4 winter test LAGUNA SECA online - S4 Calendar at p163

Posted by GPGSL 
Looks like qualy is close to another repeat. Actually even original bugged Monza qualy that you didnt get to see, was done on wrong perf anyway.

this was Kev's starter perf
Kevin Schroeder,16070,600,16106,600
he scored 38 points, minus one for pole, dunno bout his qualy points, but apparently 56 till Hungary, however he had a 20 points dedutction cause of inactivity warning early October.

his Hugaroring perf was

in Hungary he was fifth on grid, 8 points gained, no points in race plus a supposed boost, yet his Monza perf is same.

2,Kevin Schroeder,16087,563,16142,544

I am quite sure that his perf is wrong. So in essence the perf as such is wrong as he doesnt have boost implemented, which makes for a difference.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2009 11:56AM by BAR#10.
Hmm 17th. I'm thinking not using a drivers boost here wasn't the smartest thing to do. But I've made top 5 finishes from this starting position. So with a little bit of cheering from the IED Tifosi I can make the points. Nice P4 for Rico.

--------------------------------------------------

-GPGSL Career- Starts: 64 Points: 237 Wins: 3 Podiums: 8 Poles: 2 Fastest Laps: 2 Best Result: 1st (Mal + Bra GP S3, Jap GP S4)
Most consecutive races without DNF: 23
MONZA RD ANNOUNCEMENT
Italian GP qualifying results are now unofficial,
because car no. 2 apparently does not have the driver boost implemented.
Untill we get confirmation by the GPGSL official perfomance editor everything is on hold.

Please, always check the perfomance file releases and keep track of your perfomance points. While the GPGSL perfomance system is more accurate than ever, mistakes can still happen, and spotting it before the session is obviously prefered.

Beter a rerun cause 17th sucks xD

--------------------------------------------------

-GPGSL Career- Starts: 64 Points: 237 Wins: 3 Podiums: 8 Poles: 2 Fastest Laps: 2 Best Result: 1st (Mal + Bra GP S3, Jap GP S4)
Most consecutive races without DNF: 23
I agree we have to check our perfs. normally im doin it (seriously). But i forgot it this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
My suggestion woud be to leave qulai as it is and just give the No.2 an extra 2 boosts to use to make up for it. That way he loses out this race which is rubbish for him but atleast he gains from it overall which seems fair seeing as it was not his mistake.

@Tom, indeed that sounds fair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
i vote for a rerun ;)
but seriously, imo 2 bhp extra boost are too less to compensate for a race. you have to take into account that a potential points finish would affect his perf for the rest of the season

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
I agree with Tom also

It seems unfair for the other teams to be disadvantaged because of a mistake with no relation to them

It's unlucky for Kev but a suitable bonus boost for the next races should be ample compensation

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Just give him his boost back. When we give someone an inactivity penalty (-20 points) and someone races with that penalty and after the race we notice that the driver shouldn't have gotten a penalty, he gets a bonus of 20 at the next race. The same should apply here. Giving him double the boost would be unfair to those who have been victim of false activity checks.
At least we shouldnt get a re-run. Like Mal said, we are supposed to check our perfs our self. We didnt, so its kinda our fault. not the fualt of the other teams, drivers or whatever that can be massively victimised by a re run.

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Mal didnt say that, I did via GPGSL. I'm the RD.
It wasnt meant as "your fault", just encoraging that you check perfs as well, so mistakes can be spotted.
As a former perfomance maker I know mistakes can happen very well.

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
im sorry, thought it was mal. Doesnt matter anyway, you guys are right in this. And in the end IT IS our fault. Tho i still think we need a solution cuz we didnt start the mistake :p Im just letting you guys know i wouldnt want a re-run.

"If in doubt, Flat out."
brunoboi schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My suggestion woud be to leave qulai as it is and
> just give the No.2 an extra 2 boosts to use to
> make up for it. That way he loses out this race
> which is rubbish for him but atleast he gains from
> it overall which seems fair seeing as it was not
> his mistake.

Agree with you, some would gain from it which is unfair and others would lose from it and that's also unfair :)

right, tough one,
all i can say that it may appear as Kev was last in qualy cause of no boost, but in original bugged qualy, he wasnt.

It's always a dance of numbers and as you can see some drivers with lower perf are infront. Granted he'd have a better chance of avoiding it, with boost.

I thought of what to do, or giving some boost for this race, but it can mess with the entire system.
I'll go ahead with the race, no changes to Kev's perf, and Kev will definetely get boost back.

Chris, we're talking about drivers boost (1 boost=50 points, not team boost as in bhp)

We will talk about, if any further compensation is needed after the GP as we aren't online now, GPGSLRS guys.

I personally wouldnt mind a rerun of qualy, but Nick had a point, though it's not exactly the same with activity warnings, as boosts are strategically set.

So i'm inclined to give Kev some extra compensation, but in what form that will be, will be discussed after. We have to find a systematic solution so it works every time.

this has been not easy GP weekend so far for me as RD, hopefully no problems in race.
I am about to go run it, good luck.

Apologies to Kev in the name of GPGSLRS too.
Coverage expected much later in the day, probbably late afternoon CET, or even evening. Imageshack has been slow for me lately.

GPGSL career;
MONZA RD ANNOUNCEMENT
Italian GP qualifying results are now back to official.
Car no. 2 will get its drivers boost(50 points) back to allocate it to another race.
GPGSLRS will discuss if any further compensation is needed after the GP.

race was run, won, terrific race, 45 laps of Monza,all 2 stopping.
tune in late afternoon,to see it, will take me hours to upload.
no spoilers, but all i can say that i dont think Kevin will be disappointed that there was no rerun of qualy.

GPGSL career;
Bleh, 18th in qualifying...sorry phoenix.

GPGSL Driver - Season 2, 22nd with IER, who came in 10th in constructors.

Season 3 - Driver 11 for Pheonix. 3 points, 20th in standings.

Season 4 - Test Driver for TSS, currently 1st in testing ranking, TSS also 1st in constructors.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy