Brawn GP 001 - WIP

Posted by Craigo 
Re: Brawn GP 001 - WIP
Date: June 07, 2009 08:10PM
Posted by: Ilkayplaya
guys, this discussion is just annoying! if the people who are working on it have news, they'll surely post them here! so please just be patient and stop spamming around!
Date: June 07, 2009 08:16PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Date: June 07, 2009 08:45PM
Posted by: Matador
Release car, stop asking !
Date: June 08, 2009 01:26PM
Posted by: Kimi_the_Iceman
Hey guys this is a forum. When you open a topic with your WIP Cars then its normal that people ask for release. Next time don`t open the topic and releae the car when its done. For me its ok when they ask, its your fault ;)
Date: June 08, 2009 02:28PM
Posted by: Matador
This car is fantastic. We hope is released soon!
Date: June 08, 2009 02:48PM
Posted by: LewisF1Hamilton
Date: June 08, 2009 03:19PM
Posted by: raulongo
Kimi_the_Iceman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey guys this is a forum. When you open a topic
> with your WIP Cars then its normal that people ask
> for release. Next time don`t open the topic and
> releae the car when its done. For me its ok when
> they ask, its your fault ;)

Can't believe that... so, you get a car for free... modders spend hours of THEIR lifes to do it... and even though you want to impose how modders have to behave? That is ridiculous.

As I've said before, If I were Kyran or Craig, I will think seriously in the release of the car...

LewisF1Hamilton Wrote:
> excellent answer !!
>
> +1

Checking your previous posts it's normal you have answered that...

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: June 08, 2009 03:38PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
agree with Raul. I don't think the modders make members ask for releasedate. The members write themselfs on the keyboard, don't they? When a car is WIP, it means work in progress. They have no idea when the car will be ready. Therefore they can't give a releasedate and all members should know it by now. Encourage them to continue working instead of asking for links!

And Kimi_the_Iceman, what the hell? Get a grip man, that last comment is really stupid. So you think that everyone that ever made a car for GP4 and started a new topic screamed to the rest of the members "ASK FOR RELEASEDATE, PLZ!" OMG!

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: June 08, 2009 03:54PM
Posted by: jvinu2000
I agree with Kimi_the_Iceman, this is a forum, if you open a topic people is free to post what they want, even if it is a stupid question like release dates.
he is not imposing how modders have to behave, that's something i can't tell about raul saying that they shouldn't release the car. sorry raul i know and respect you since a lot time ago but i don't agree with you, when someone ask about release dates in any post there is always you replaying to them, when i read this kinds of questions i just past them, if the autor of the topic has something to said about he will, and that's for both sides
Date: June 08, 2009 04:18PM
Posted by: Gusgus
Modders post a topic before release so that they have feedback on their work, not to have stupid impatient users post crap like "Release please" or "When do you release ?". Modders don't have this kind of feedback if they only post for the release and leave it as it is.

My workthread here
Date: June 08, 2009 04:21PM
Posted by: Kimi_the_Iceman
I don`t say anything about the behavior of the modellers, only about that this is A FORUM :D this is a place to communicate ;) with the others and its normal to ask than about release because you all do a fantastic job with the cars. But don`t give stupid answers when people ask about the cars,because its normal

P.S
I never asked about release I only wan`t that you don`t criticize the people who do that

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 04:24PM by Kimi_the_Iceman.
Date: June 08, 2009 04:28PM
Posted by: magicsenna
ok, question to modders and their satisfied beta testers:

do you think that a release towards the end of 09 season is useful?
usually i begin to play gp4 before mid season and its over before release of any WIP cars in this forum.
so stop showing your "skills" and release that car before button becomes champion.

other solution is to release a new car with v1, 2, 3 ...
so nobody will blame you for unfinished work.

dont take it to personally.
keep your great effort alive.
rgds
Date: June 08, 2009 04:56PM
Posted by: GGSF1
Yes, this is a forum, but if the same question has been answered so many times, then why ask another time?

magicsenna Wrote:
> ok, question to modders and their satisfied beta
> testers:
>
> do you think that a release towards the end of 09
> season is useful?
> usually i begin to play gp4 before mid season and
> its over before release of any WIP cars in this
> forum.
> so stop showing your "skills" and release that car
> before button becomes champion.
>
> other solution is to release a new car with v1, 2,
> 3 ...
> so nobody will blame you for unfinished work.
>
> dont take it to personally.
> keep your great effort alive.
> rgds

1-I wouldn't release an unfinished car.
2-Reading what you say, historical mods are completely useless, because the season they simulate happened some years ago.

What you (the community) will get with such comments is modders losing motivation. So at the end you won't get cars faster, you'll get them slower.

Date: June 08, 2009 05:20PM
Posted by: magicsenna
ok i should say "unfinished" for modder because its not perfect.
as you wrote, historical mods are historical, BGP is far away from historical.
what an argument....
Date: June 08, 2009 05:40PM
Posted by: Racervieh13
What the hell is going on? This is our work and we can decide what we're doing with it! If modding were not interesting for us, no single car would have been released in the past. We're modeling, because it makes us happy, it fills up the rest of the time we don't have anything to do. And if something doesn't look right for us, we can decide if we wanna change it. This is why some releases can delay.

What I mean is, that we're mainly modeling for ourselves. We want the newest cars in our game, as well as you do. BUT we like to share it with other people to make them happy, too (some positive critics are also good for a nice confidence ;))

@Kimi the Iceman

I guess communication is something different than asking for release dates ;)

CTDP 3D-Artist

Date: June 08, 2009 06:13PM
Posted by: ferrariracer
It´s the beta testers fault for the many relaese date questions because of the pictures we have seen from this great car we all can see that it is finished and perfect! That´s the fact. I like to have it too as fast as possible, but if this continues I will wait for the 2009 Mod because this discussion here is lost time.

It seems to me that the modders wait as long as possible for releasing just kidding us. Fact is: The car is perfect and now well tested and ready to release. But why does nobody give us any news?
Date: June 08, 2009 06:18PM
Posted by: vesuvius
guys come on :s just wait in peace and it will be released! there could plenty of problems we don't know about so guys shut your mouths and wait for news from Craig and Kyran, car is worth the wait, I'm sure about it :)
Date: June 08, 2009 06:18PM
Posted by: fongu
I'm sure if the car was perfect and ready for release, it would be released. The fact is, many people just look at the lod_0 shape and textures and think a car is finished, when there's a lot more to it than that. It may not be split up into the GP4 objects list yet - lods haven't been made, alpha layers haven't been finalised, other tweaks haven't been made - there also might be bits missing from them that you can't see on the screens.

There is a lot of work that goes into making these cars - a lot more than people realise. It's nice to show a few screens of progress for feedback and a general boost from the praise for some extra motivation.

Date: June 08, 2009 06:20PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
they don't give us news cause they are to busy to be arguing with anyone about this. Okay, maybe the screens are a bit teasing, but everyone should know, when a topic shows WIP and not written otherwise.. nobody know when the cars is being released, not even the modders themselfs. Im starting to agree with Raul, that Craig and Kyran should consider not releasing this car at all. Cause this is just way out of line and there is no end to it. Damn, if I where modding, I would only keep the car to myself if this discussion taked place in my topic.

the conclusion.. DON'T ASK ABOUT RELEASEDATES IF THE MODDERS HAVN'T ALREADY GIVEN YOU ONE, BE PATIENT AND WAIT UNTIL THE TOPICNAME IS CHANGED TO "RELEASED!" IS THAT REALLY TO MUCH TO ASK!?

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: June 08, 2009 06:25PM
Posted by: vesuvius
and one more thing I want to say that does make me mad is that you guys dare to ask about release date all the time, when for example I have been in this forum and with this game since the beginning of 2002 and I have waited for some cars many months even years to get released and never been dissapointed with the final result and now some of you dare to scream about release after there is no news about the car in week or few weeks, yay great community support towards the authors guys :( SHOW SOME RESPECT TO THE AUTHORS!

Keep up the good work Craig,Kyran and betatesters and give us a perfect, finished car when it's ready to be released!:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 06:27PM by vesuvius.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy