MDBSnake's back! Arai GP-5 RC 3D Helmet Model Released!

Posted by MDBSnake 
Hello guys, it's been a long time since I last posted something here ;-) I do have some good news though :) I've been creating a helmet shape already some time ago and it got dusted but not too long ago I found it back and decided it should see some daylight! So I've been finishing it up and so the 3d model of the Arai GP-5 RC shape is born :D It's the helmet most F1 drivers used in 2008 (the ones wearing an Arai). Also it contains a version with a 3D driver face and transparent visor! The mapping is different for DriverX_2.tex but that's explained in the tutorial ;-)

Thanks to Diego for supporting me during this project and helping out with everything I asked :) And thanks to Eugenio Faria for creating previous helmet shapes which were a good reference to make my own!

Anyhow enough talking ^^ Time for some prove that it exists ;-)

Renders:

Ingame screens

T-Cam:

Back/side view:

Normal visor

Normal visor + 2D Tear off

Normal visor + 3D Tear off

Transparent visor

Well everything is included into this package ;-)

Download:

[rapidshare.com] [Down?]
[rapidshare.com]
[www.megaupload.com]

Have fun!!
Maikel; MDBSnake

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2009 07:01PM by MDBSnake.
Nice to see you back in here Maikel and congrats to finally get this project finished, i know it was a very long way to get it like it is now :)

Love it!

--> 2 times Worldchampion 2oo5 & 2oo6' <--

welcome back and thanks for finishing and releasing this pack, it's a real nice shape :)

Really, really nice shape, I can't wait for a 09 helmet texture pack based on it :)

CTDP 3D-Artist

Marvelous job !!!
Thanks a lot ;)
Wow great work,thanks and nice to have you back with us :p
Maikel that is brilliant, top quality! You should contact Dahie, maybe you could help CTDP with helmet shapes, that really is incredible work.
Great job, but after some research, are you sure this model is use actually by F1 driver, because i didnt found anything about it, but just one picture of it. Probably is ot or service and replace by the GP5 ped kit, the same Tagliani or Spengler use in race.
Thanks for the reactions people :)

schifty schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great job, but after some research, are you sure
> this model is use actually by F1 driver, because i
> didnt found anything about it, but just one
> picture of it. Probably is ot or service and
> replace by the GP5 ped kit, the same Tagliani or
> Spengler use in race.

@Schifty: I am not hundred % sure but when I looked at the Arai site way back that model came closest to the photos I had from F1 driver's helmet - Even if it's not the correct model name, the 3D model is based upon photos from F1 driver helmets ;-)

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
Yes the Helmet master is back!

Welcome back Mr Maikel!!! Love the shape and the work gone into it. Such passion there. Thanks for this :)
As well done as you could make it, I still think the winged version is horrible ;)

That's why I always use the unwinged version
fantastic work ! thanks :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
thanks thanks thanks :)

- My GP4 Works

lets hope daimon change from shape for the 2009 helmet set sadly he will have to restart his work already done for tex 2 but looking forward for a helmet on these shapes, thanks very much, 2009 is going to be a great year for gp4!
great quality. just two things

1.- i think this is the new arai model:

2.- the vertices count is almost the double of arai 2006 shape
jvinu2000 Wrote:
> great quality. just two things
>
> 1.- i think this is the new arai model:
> [www.motorsport.com]
> 09-gen-tm-0227.jpg
>
> 2.- the vertices count is almost the double of
> arai 2006 shape

Maikel has based this on the 2008 one :)

@Maikel: Saw the tutorial, my god that some crazy thing for the winglets :P
Incredible. Already tested and I have to say it is (Jarno) Truly awesome!!!

But... the mapping of the wing of the helmet is just crazy!! It is so difficult (and time consuming in helmets like 2007's Liuzzi's) to get the result as painters used to... (I did a mapping change for myself...)

PS. New Rapidshare link... yours is dead ;) [rapidshare.com]
PS2. INCREDIBLE!!!

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Have also made a render of it long time ago
I have to thank Maikel for this rly great shape :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
jvinu2000 schreef:
> great quality. just two things
>
> 1.- i think this is the new arai model:
> 2.- the vertices count is almost the double of
> arai 2006 shape

1, Yes, that is the new model, but I based mine on the 2008 and when I started shaping, almost a year ago that helmet didn't exist yet
2, Well nowadays most people got better and better pc's, it's indeed almost double vertices count but you get a highly detailed shape back for it! ;-)

Monza972 schreef:
> @Maikel: Saw the tutorial, my god that some crazy
> thing for the winglets :P

It's not easy indeed, but actually if you look closely it still is the same kinda painting, it mapped on the same way but on another position

@Raulongo, I believe it could only handle 10 downloads :P that's why I put megaupload as well, that one is reliable! Winglet painting will be time consuming, but to get it accurate on previous shapes, it was already though too ;-)

@Spidey, I remember that one ;-) Nice render :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy