MDBSnake's back! Arai GP-5 RC 3D Helmet Model Released!

Posted by MDBSnake 
excellent work!

X (@ed24f1)
Terrific mate... if it is not too difficult i'd like to adapt 2008 helmets. Can i do it?

top quality, the transparent visor is a must :P maybe we could make it 50% transparent and we'd have the closest thing to the reality, no need to do the other visors as depending of the visor's darkness, we could see the drivers eyes or not.

Particularly good for in-car shots, like the ones from behind the mclaren wheel where sometimes - especially @ the crappy marina bay circuit - you could see Lewis eyes.

you can see the eyes through the visors at certain drivers in rainy conditions to :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
You have to know GP4 is limited with this effects...as far as i know you even cant chnage the transparent visor colors for each driver and set different transparent values
Also at some drivers the visors are green or orange and i dont have a clue how to change that...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
Will this work with any helmet tex thingys?

[batracer.com]
Converted my Helmet from Arai 06 to Arai 08. Was a pain but fantastic fun. It looks good too :)
I can't wait to see the first photo of someone's face with their eyes half open :P
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't wait to see the first photo of someone's
> face with their eyes half open :P

I've got my face on it ;), it looks mental
*waits for screenshots*
Ok i started converting 2008 set. Atm i converted kimi test and early season helmet. if i get permission i hope i can relase a full pack (daimon, you're busy with 2009 set, don't worrie for 2008 ;-))

@Gui: Here's the screenie

I've tried the shape too, and I have to say it's great. Some WIP:

Can't wait to see a render of your helmets mate!

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
This is beyond awesome. [cartman]I love you guys[/cartman]
Maikel, there's a bug I noticed seeing that pic. The Tear-Off is clipped with one of the bolts of the helmet... see it here (green part) [f.imagehost.org]

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
raulongo schreef:
> Maikel, there's a bug I noticed seeing that pic.
> The Tear-Off is clipped with one of the bolts of
> the helmet... see it here (green part)
> [f.imagehost.org]

Yes that's right, I never fixed it because it messed up the whole tear-off trying it, in game you don't really notice much of it as it's transparent as well - but anyone who want's to fix it, take a try ;-)

PS; nice one Monil :) The Raikkonen one looks good too DaiMOn! And interesting design Jorge ;-)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2009 11:41AM by MDBSnake.
I've just converted some 2008 helmets from daimons full pack:all kimi's, hamilton, kovalainen, coulthard and barrichello. But... where i can find face photos? I tried team art but they are too low quality...

SkaaningeN Wrote:
> you can see the eyes through the visors at certain
> drivers in rainy conditions to :)

I remember during the 2003 Canadian GP's Saturday practice, we could see Alonso's eyes on a close-up shot on the back straight :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy