DaiMOn's 2009 Workthread - ![14 new design RELEASED]!

Posted by DaiMOn 
FOUR days since I asked... What's the progress of the helmets? If any more helmets are ready can you update the first post?
Daimon has a real life too, don't forget that! If there would be updates ready for release he would have released them,
but give him the time he need. It's ONLY his decision when and where he'll upload something!

Don't forget, good things comes to those who wait ;-)

--> 2 times Worldchampion 2oo5 & 2oo6' <--

alexf1man!

Well..you wanted more previews...here you are...just for fun :)

BTW Force India renders will follow soon... ;)
thanks DaiMOn :D ;)
Will you be updating your image on P1, I wanted to use it in my thread :)
Very nice as always
Based on what helmets have been uploaded as previews, only 5 helmets aren't ready:

. Kubica . Trulli . Bourdais . Webber . Vettel

Nice helmets by the way ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2009 09:06AM by alexf1man.
Hi everyone. I've got some free time now, so I thought I inform you about how things are going with the set. I got a lot of PM, people asked after the set, and I try to answer the most common questions here.

1. When will be the set released?

Unfortunatelly I don't have too many time nowadays because of the school. I have to pass my final exams this year and I have to learn a lot. That means I don't have so many free time as last year and I can't work so much on the set in this way.

So I decided the set will be released in 3 turns. I'm going to upload the basic pack with the Melbourne designs before my exams (before May :) ). In that pack will be 22 helmets available. After that I'm going to disappear for some time probably, but after the exams (July) I'm going to release Expansion Packs with the latest design updates. The winter testing helmets will be available in the 1st EP too. The 3rd turn, the Test Driver's set will be released in the Full Package in summer.

2. Which helmets are ready?

It's a complicated story. You know I've started to paint with the ARAI 06 shape at first, but now we have a better shape by Maikel, so I decided to continue my work with that. Considering the 2nd textures aren't compatible with the old shape I have to convert them to the new one. It's a little boring job, so I started to paint new designs to the new shape from the end of the grid. If they are ready I continue my work with converting.

Here are an updated spotter guide with the completed designs on the new shape:

3. What about the other helmets?

Helmets which are made for the old shape originally: (D-design; C-conversion)

#01 HAM: D:100% C:100%
#02 KOV: D:100% C:90%
#03 MAS: D:95% C:100% (Piaggio Aero logo needs to be updated.)
#06 HEI: D:80% C:0% (Melbourne updates and conversion needed)
#07 ALO: D:90% C:0% (Melbourne updates and conversion needed)
#08 PIQ: D:100% C:100%
#10 GLO: D:100% C:0% (Conversion Needed)

Helmets which are made for the new shape: (conversion doesn't necessary of course :) )

#04 RAI: D:80% (Melbourne Updates needed, WT version is ready)
#05 KUB: D:45% (1st text is almost ready)
#09 TRU: D:0%
#11 BOU: D:50% (1st tex is ready)
#12 BUE: D:100%
#14 WEB: D:100%
#15 VET: D:0%
#16 ROS: D:100%
#17 NAK: D:100%
#20 SUT: D:100%
#21 FIS: D:100%
#22 BUT: D:100%
#23 BAR: D:100%

4.Why aren't the completed designs released?

It's simple. The alphas aren't ready. I learned from last years' experiences. If I modify the design I usually have to redo the whole alpha layer every time. This year I'm going to paint the alphas just if I'm totally sure there aren't any bug in the design. I can save time this way. :)

That's all I guess. ;)
thanks for keeping us informed :)

- My GP4 Works

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2009 10:55PM by AlexSchumi.
DaimOn,you're doing a nice job.Take your time;Real Life goes first of all.

My GPGSL Career
thanks for the update, sounds fantastic!

X (@ed24f1)
If you want i can help with conversion (but no alpha)

looks as great as ever Daimon :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy