Re: Monza 1995-1999 beta + paul ricard 1986-1990 beta *56k warning*

Posted by n00binio 
Re: estoril - epic mapping win .p 6
Date: September 01, 2008 07:29AM
Posted by: pimpones1
hmmmm

now looking for this print i ask myself..

why the hell this damn grass texture looks DARKER than it really is...??

is something wrong with mapping or faces size??

good question uh? lol...
Date: September 01, 2008 11:42AM
Posted by: n00binio
looks good. about the colour: i know i had this problem once before but i can´t remember the solution lol. i´ll search in some forums and hopefully i´ll find it.
Date: September 01, 2008 06:17PM
Noobinio..

send a PM to FONGU.. hes really good with mapping stuffs.. maybe he knows the trick to fix it.

hugs
Date: September 01, 2008 10:53PM

i did that with fence builder. both land seem to have the same colour. how did you build the surrounding land?

edit: the colour seems to be completely different compared to your screenshot. strange...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2008 10:54PM by n00binio.
Date: September 01, 2008 11:30PM
the surrounding land was built as always.. export left n right rails as a base to z modeler and create faces using the bottom vertices.

btw i rebuilt some banks based on pic you sent me 2 weeks ago..

external land can be built with fencebuilder with no problem, but when you create some land between track parts ( this case , a track has a lotta up´s and downs) in my opinion.. iti doesnt looks good..

but mate.. if you think the land created with fence builder is ok.. no problem.. we can use this one .

its all about choices..i think using z modeler the track would look more realistic. and give us condition to mapp diferent terrains.. grass, mood, water , asphalt and etc.. just a big piece of grass wont fit our project.

thats why i like flat tracks.. eheh all land can be done using horizontal and vertical new objects.

thats it pal.. im gona try to do something here with fence builder.. if i fail, we try yours..

if we dont like.. we use the land you mapped..

lets see what happens..
Date: September 01, 2008 11:54PM
oh, don´t get me wrong, i think the land you did is perfect. i only wondered about these differences in colour and because i was too lazy i used fence builder to get a quick land and put the texture on it. all i wanted to see was what colours would come out. i wanted to see if i get a similar look as in your pic or something else. in that pic only the outer land around the last turn was made with fence builder, the rest of the land is yours - that was only for comparison.
i think that the interior land has to be made with zmodeler, too. every other solution would look weird.
Date: September 02, 2008 12:04AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Concerning darker parts of the grass surfaces, I already answered it sooner in this thread : it's all normals related.

And concerning lands, once n00binio will have create all internal lands, nothing prevetn you from exporting resulting objects and tesselate and rework them with any 3D program but at least, you will have a working base.

Date: September 02, 2008 12:08AM
hey Noobinio... no worries my friend.. you remember when we had no idea how to build the land? now we have it and its mapped ... BIG PROGRESS...

now we gonna learn how to fix the bug... thats it... i like to share ideas with you.

let me explain.. when you build using fence builder.. the program does all math.. i mean.. faces size, map and etc..

with the modeler is diff.. we are learning how to map it on z modeler..
lets keep trying...

you sent a message to fongu?
Date: September 02, 2008 12:12AM
@lo2k: -> trackediting thread

@pimpones1: i try to fix the normals, if that does not help i´ll talk with the mapping experts
Date: September 02, 2008 12:28AM
i got it to work, i´ll send you the fixed file tomorrow. thanks again @lo2k for for having patience and pointing at the right direction twice.

edit: screenie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2008 12:35AM by n00binio.
Date: September 02, 2008 12:41AM
WOW..
looks so great...

wont forget after all. to do a tutorial how to map it lmfao

see ya tomorow mate.
hugd
Date: September 02, 2008 01:26AM
Posted by: leozinho
dae fábio, é o leonardo tudo bom.
excelente trabalho, está pista de estoril pelo que estou vendo vai ser sensacional.
eu to ocupado com faculdade e tabalho o dia todo e nem consigo trabalhar na minha pista de cleveland se nao dava uma mao pra vcs.
excelente work.
Date: September 02, 2008 01:46AM
grande Léo... e aí? cleveland é?

manda um print ae que eu to curiosooooooo

essa de estoril tá dando um banho na gente pra fazer o fland mas tamo ai devagar e sempre.
te cuida.. abrax
Date: September 02, 2008 02:15AM
Posted by: leozinho
eu to com dificuldade, pois o gp4buider é um grande mistério pra min, eu to tentando aprender ao máximo sobre esse editor.
quando tiver em progresso com cereza irei postar o meu trabalho.
outra que está demais é doninton
tu ja viu as imagens dela?
sensacional. abraço
Date: September 02, 2008 07:05PM
n00binio

This DAT is originally from Germany track uh?
Date: September 02, 2008 07:37PM
Re: estoril - buildings
Date: September 02, 2008 07:53PM
ok.. im gonna try to star adding stuffs ..
i found a great pic wich may helps a lot..

what you think..

[resources.motogp.com]
Date: September 02, 2008 08:04PM
that´s perfect
estoril...working on landscape
Date: September 03, 2008 01:30AM
Noobinio...

tell me what you think...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2008 01:32AM by pimpones1.
Re: estoril...
Date: September 03, 2008 01:36AM
i forgot to mention..

i was checking your dat and i realized you forgot to centralize it.. i did it and the cc line was totally messy..

i had to modificate the bank areas and etc, so tomorrow im gonna rebuild the cc line .
hugs
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy