Re: Monza 1995-1999 beta + paul ricard 1986-1990 beta *56k warning*

Posted by n00binio 
I think you make the 91 version, only this for moment, and you put all your efforts in one thing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
help wanted lol
Date: August 14, 2008 05:16PM
Posted by: pimpones1
guys.. as ive told ya.. i started the ´´ground´´ of estoril... but the pic proves my skills for ground land really annoys me. so i ´d like to know if somebody could help with this.. thats all i need.. a ground.. the rest i think i can keep doing..

looks great so far!

X (@ed24f1)
very good!!!

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Since Pasargada I´ve been working on Autocad to create land around the track...

All you have to do is to export DRRails and DLRails to 3ds, import them all on a CAD file, and start to create meshes inside and outside boundaries.

There are simple commands to learn:

3DFACE - TO CREATE A SINGLE SURFACE WITH 3-4 VERTEX

3DMESH - TO CREATE A MESH WITH VARIABLE NUMBER OF VERTEX

3DPOLY - TO CREATE POLYLINES WITH Z VALUES

RULESURF - TO GENERATE A MESH BASED ON 2 LINES (POLIES, SPLINES OR ARC)

EDGESURF - TO GENERATE A SURFACE MESH AMONG 4 LINES AT LEAST

Just get used to these ones... I think it´s enough for very basic land coverage.

Once it´s done, export to 3ds and map on 3dsmax or Zmodeler. Once mapped, export and import to Gp4builder.

you could also try using the fencebuilder. i´ll do some tests...
gildoorf...

is there any possibility to you do that for us??
i dont even have autocad here with me.. and even if i had.. i dont know how to..

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE.. i have over 6 tracks from you and we all know your skills..

thanks
@Pimpones,

I´d love to, but I just can´t. As you may check on f1virtual blog we have lots of projects scheduled, and a lot more we would like to work with...

I love Estoril track, it´s great on GTR2 and maybe will be great for GP4 as well.

I think you should try to have at least Zmodeler to start creating meshes and other stuff, this turns out our track making way, and open a lot of new possibilities...

Fence builder is ok, very nice tool. I built whole Piranema with it. But it´s not the best way to generate hills or other irregular surfaces...

Just try it. PLEASSSSE :)

hahhahahah

you funny.. right now im on zmodeler.. and man... its 10x0 ( not for me) eheheh
noobinio..mate..

fencebuilder??

it wont work.. its a track with a lotta ups and downs.. creating land with fence builder works only with flat tracks in my opnion.. i tried .. and believe me.. try yourself and see the results.maybe im wrong..( i dont think so)

i also tested fencebuilder and imported some grass hills to put in .. i didnt like the result at all.
we need a partner who handle autocad for this ground..

meanwhile im working on textures.. and pitlane.. the pit garages is done... now im painting the textures as seen on pics you sent me

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2008 09:54PM by pimpones1.
i forgot to mention i also tested changing track´s bank width height and angles , add track from.dat and later re import the original track.

result.. EWW

( the only wayout i think its possible is use fence builder and create alltrack fence 10 or 15 meters big (horizontal) and add some nbuild or ntree on its border.. but it will look weird uh?)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2008 12:29AM by pimpones1.
my idea was to use fence builder to create a horizontal surface or something like a hill around the parts of the track where needed, then export it into zmodeler and give the final touch.

small example: made from 1:13am to 1:25am ;)

what do you think of that?
(i know it is not beautiful, changing the height of the land, its shape (to a more irregular shape), etc is also possible, you can also import parts of the track to get a better overview...)

tomorrow (ehhh today ;) ) i should find enough time to have a closer look at that
btw i really like the horizon strips in your pic :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2008 01:48AM by n00binio.
n00binio
Date: August 15, 2008 01:48AM
Mate..

that was what i was trying to do, but i failed.. and give final touch on zmodeler ITS NOT FOR ME. hehe

i have skills with cenario.. boxes trees..everydamn thing but the land...

if you are able to build this and be happy with the final objects..GO 4 IT.. its your track .. im here to help you . im building another stuffs for this track.. but i can import ´em only when the ´´ land´´ is done.

i sent LO2Kand Fongu a pm to check if they are available to help us..
fongu will help with modelling stuufs, wireframes etcetc but he doenst know how to build a land as well.

im waiting lo2ks reply.

lets keep on working

hugs
sounds great, ok i`ll have a go at the land

and btw: it´s OUR track :)
hmmmm dunno if its the right way to do land.. if it is.. ill take a year long to finish one curve kkkkk

noobinioo keep trying the fence builder pls mate

ty

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2008 07:52AM by pimpones1.
Obviously, I'd prefer a 1991 version, as it'll work with the '86 and '88 mods too(plus it was a much better track than it is now). :)

Here's my view on what a pre-1994 Estoril layout was like. The first two corners are not exact, but it's close. :)

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2008 11:42AM by Berger_Fan.
layout is as it was used till 94 so without that silly chicane.
@pimpones1:
i´ll do the land, don´t worry. what do you think how much land do we need outside the track: 20m, 50m,...?
NOOBINIO
Date: August 15, 2008 03:20PM
here´s my opinion.. tell me what you think

now i finally found out HOW TO creat land on z modeler.. lts use both ways.. fence builder and zmodeler fo final touch as you mentioned before..

i was thinking about 25m outside area..

inside is variable.. but i think inside area doesnt need be bigger than 15m.. considering all fences, nstands, trees and nbuilds.. 15 or 20 m is ok

do you agree?
ok, i made a first attempt, i´ll post a screenie soon
Looks really good guys
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy