I'm sorry mates... but I have to show the bigger leech in all gp4 mod history...

Posted by ImRa 
-- what if it delete other things

CSM won't delete other things - no more risk than any other software anyway.

____
Tony

This May sound stupid but how will CSM now whats leached and whats not?

The Thunder from Downunder

There will be a blacklist programmed in it which recognizes leeched mods.
If you use CSM 1.26 you have agreed with what says the readme. It's a private programme and ZaZ could just have created it for himself without sharing it - so it's up to him how it works.

If you don't agree then simply don't use it.

But I agree with him:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2006 09:05AM by Ruboy.
Schumi-Fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Buzz Hornet
> He is better than everything, excellent. You
> forbid to me what? I know that to me to use. I do
> not sell it and play him.
> @b-tone
> "not lawful?"
> Yes!
>
> "for a leech deleting tool to delete leeches?"
> The self-removal is not lawful (it is considered
> for a virus)!
>
> "use it at your own risk, and in the meantime calm
> your Fury."
> What else Fury, I am quiet?
>
>

Actually it's perfectly legal. It's a binding contract upon downloading the program. You've been told what it will do if you are using illegal mods. Leached = illegal, so it's perfectly lawful as it's mentioned in the readme, and is, as I have said, a binding contract that once you have downloaded CSM 1.26, you will use legal mods that have not been leached

"In computer security technology, a virus is a self-replicating/self-reproducing-automation program that spreads by inserting copies of itself into other executable code or documents."

CSM doesn't do anything like that :/
But good luck breaking it 'C++ master'.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
I hope a new csm thing won't stop us from editing properly released mods for our own personal use?

H E L L O
Daniel Knott Wrote:
> I hope a new csm thing won't stop us from editing
> properly released mods for our own personal use?
>

Nope, don't worry. Just don't release the mod without permissions and get it blacklisted :)

100% agree with ronald,if you don`t break rules,well,you have nothing to worry about do you ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nope.

ZaZ Wrote:
> "In computer security technology, a virus is a
> self-replicating/self-reproducing-automation
> program that spreads by inserting copies of itself
> into other executable code or documents."
>
> CSM doesn't do anything like that :/
> But good luck breaking it 'C++ master'.
>

Well he's also a C* master (whatever the feck that is, I thought it was C#? ;)) So maybe this revolutionary new technology wil confuzzle the world ;)

I'm already comfuzzled...maybe he got a C* at C+ likein GCSE, where the * means u are not quite a C, not quite a B...altho its better than a C- ... the - is always personal...meh

Please click my sig!
@GLD,lol! now you have comfuzzled me :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe C* doesn't exist and he's blaggin it just to try and make us panic.

Me? I'm as cool as a cucumber, Zaz has probably obscured his super deletion code somewhere where it aint easy to find anyways ;)
who cares anyway,ronald`s the man!,anyone with one glimmer of sense knows that csm is the only way forward,only other option is a life doomed to not getting hold of the upcoming mods :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2006 01:08AM by jpmfw.
thanks for the support guys :)

for those who want to do good things but have doubts:
i'm not trying to control everything. and if one finds any difficulties with the system, then i'll do my best to try to solve it.
it's just that i have my reasons to implement such a feature... although i'd rather see csm without it.
i told it before, but the thread has been deleted, so i'll tell it again:
csm will try to detect any 'illegal' mod and has several techniques to accomplish that. (even for non-csm mods)
but you don't have to be afraid about your privacy. it won't look into word documents or anything like that and it will never try to send data to the internet. even not if csm thinks you are the biggest leecher out there :)
but if it detects a mod as being leeched, it will delete it immediatly and will tell you what it has done afterwards. it's a rather extreme approach, but hopefully efficient.
the chances that it will delete non-gp4 data are pretty much nil. i'll do my best so that the chances of csm flagging mods as leeched with a false positive are as small as possible.

as for cracking it: i won't say it's impossible, but just c++ doesn't get you anywhere. and for sure c# doesn't make sense at all when you are talking about cracking it.
apart from that: i encourage you to break it. i'll update the system within a day anyway using different routines and encryption keys. hopefully you'll see that it'll be smarter to put in your effort to assemble a mod yourself which you can use legally with custom downloaded cars. it's much easier and won't take as much time and more important: it will last.

but the things csm does are not illegal, it's not a virus or anything like that.
if you think it is: sue me :p

C* (The lattice is not printed)
C# - C Sharp

And your black list will be easy for correcting Patch for MOD.
Always there will be a way to bypass the black list. And then and more and more of time. :)
It becomes already interesting! When will leave CSM 1.26? I want to begin breaking. The hands are scratched.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2006 06:23AM by Schumi-Fan.
@fury - a self confessed leecher and now cracker too? welcome to the community :|

____
Tony

what the f*ck are you f***ots moaning about just don't install the whole thing if that's so god damn huge problem..
I may be stupid but why do you guys still react to these kinds of posts? They seem to get a kick out of this.

We've seen it before, just a few kids that can't get a girlfriend ;)

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy