Re: New Bahrain beta2 track !!!
Date: March 11, 2006 10:51AM
Posted by: fast_alonso
still have the texture-problem :(
Date: March 11, 2006 10:56AM
Posted by: mismi
Thank a lot for this great cc-line.
Now I can hae fun on this beautiful track ...
No more frustrated to have to pass all corners in 1st gear.
No more spin ...
Date: March 11, 2006 11:17AM
Posted by: TTM
Answer to track texture problems in some sectors:

There is no Track00, Track01 etc. objects in a1ring2001.gp4 file, thats reason for problems.

(remember guys.. this is beta version)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2006 11:18AM by TTM.
Date: March 11, 2006 11:25AM
Posted by: HoldenRT
I fixed the tarmac problem by doing what Ruboy (I think it was Ruboy) said on page 2 or 3.

Exporting data as .3ds then removing everything but the track tarmac, exporting as gp4 and then importing that into a1ring2001.gp4 in scene 4.

It's a little bit worrying no one has mentioned this but I guess I will..

Firstly I realise this is a beta but this doesn't seem to be something that can be fixed overnight, unlike textures or other things.

What I am talking about is elevations. The grandstands look lovely but some elevations are a bit of a concern. On a few of the corners it all seems a bit flat and others seems just wrong. The layout itself is flawless. But the elevation changes make it not feel so much like Bahrain.

Namely.. Turn 10.. which is a steep DOWNhill corner not uphill. As you hit the apex the car should almost bottom out as the car meets the lower flat part that leads onto the straight. It gradually steepens from turn 9 and gets quite steep right at the end as you turn in. You might notice on TV during the practices that alot of drivers lockup there. It's one of the hardest braking zones in F1.

There are also some bumps which seem exaggerated. I don't mind this, it's just unusual since other default tracks don't have these. I actually like the bumps but maybe a tiny bit less exaggerated so that driving this track doesn't feel so much different from driving the others.

Turn 12 and 13 seem pretty good elevation wise, a good job was done there. If I am going to criticise I at least have to pay respect where it is due. ;)

If the authors haven't seen these, Allianz race previews for Williams showcase the tracks pretty well. Here is a link to the Bahrain one.

[www.sportnetwork.net]

I know it's a beta the only reason I mention these things is that they seem hard to fix and it seems like this could be the finished version for elevations. If it's not and they will get a reworking after new footage from the 2006 race.. forgive me and ignore everything I have said. :)

I have to say though, that you can see all the work that has gone into it and it's an amazing job so far. The attenion to detail in the modelling is very good. I think we all appreciate that a beta was released early for us all to use. Thank you for that, and remember my comments are only trying to make the track better.

Cheers
Date: March 11, 2006 11:38AM
Posted by: Ruboy
Does anyone has the same texture problem like me?
Look - the textures of the grandstands are not displayed during the race - in the free practice sessions it is ok but not in the race:(

Date: March 11, 2006 11:49AM
Posted by: fast_alonso
@ Ruboy

jep me too :(

--> 2 times Worldchampion 2oo5 & 2oo6' <--

Date: March 11, 2006 11:54AM
Posted by: Sebbo
I'll check this.

Yepp, same problem here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2006 11:57AM by Sebbo.
Date: March 11, 2006 12:04PM
Posted by: Sebbo
@Ruboy

The green surface on the first pic have to be stretched till to the left sideline.

Date: March 11, 2006 12:23PM
Posted by: Ruboy
I also think that the elevations are not correct up to 100%. In general they are ok but some curves can be improved. No doubt, the layout is excellent and very accurate.

In my opinion and what I have seen in TV turn 11 has to be changed because there is a quite remarkable bump. That's around sector 650 (approx. 640 - 660).

Here a pic of what I mean. In track profiler you can see the rather sudden and extreme elevation:

The gradient should be rather gradual:

That's my impression. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2006 12:24PM by Ruboy.
Date: March 11, 2006 02:17PM
Posted by: F1Master
Cheers Ruboy for the new CC line. However you've put up a ccl file up for download and I can't get 3DEditor to work on my comp.

Is there any chance you could put up the actual GP4 dat file instead so that I can import it directly into the GP4 folder?

Here's my mail address steven@swilliams9.wanadoo.co.uk

cheers

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Date: March 11, 2006 02:43PM
Posted by: kimiraik
Yeah same problem here Ruboy, and in qualyfing too, also no pit guys in the race :(
Yes please could you upload a dat as F1Master said? it'd be wonderful :)
Date: March 11, 2006 02:49PM
Posted by: TTM
Here is Dat-file with CC-line by Ruboy.

link:
[www.mytempdir.com]
Date: March 11, 2006 02:52PM
Posted by: WilliamsRTheBest
Problem solved!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2006 03:32PM by WilliamsRTheBest.
Date: March 11, 2006 02:59PM
Thanks very much TTM

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Date: March 11, 2006 03:41PM
Posted by: matt
HoldenRT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I fixed the tarmac problem by doing what Ruboy (I
> think it was Ruboy) said on page 2 or 3.
>
> Exporting data as .3ds then removing everything
> but the track tarmac, exporting as gp4 and then
> importing that into a1ring2001.gp4 in scene 4.

any chance of a step-by-step guide of exactly how you do that?

Date: March 11, 2006 04:30PM
Just tried the CC line and I have to say its brilliant, especially for keyboard users. Spot on Ruboy.

The Bahrain track is also bloody well done, very nice layout but as already stated, the elevation changes are quite innaccurate at a few points in the track, especially the tight slow speed left hander as in real life you head up hill, hit a crescent and then dive down into the slow hairpin type corner, in this version it doesn't replicate it exactly.

Once the elevation changes have been sorted, the run offs extended and someobody does a hi res track graphics update it will be a stunning track.

WilliamsF1 Supporters

Date: March 11, 2006 07:22PM
Posted by: timnewst
I'm having the exact same problem - did you solve it?
Date: March 11, 2006 07:53PM
Thanks a lot Ruboy and TTM :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2006 07:55PM by kimiraik.
Date: March 11, 2006 08:03PM
Posted by: Mr Pibb
Thanks a bunch for this track! :) It's funnnn to drive!

@martin: Is there any chance you could send me the fixed tex problem a1ring2001.gp4 file to here?: gn@schuff.fsnet.co.uk

I've made this track slot independant. Should I import any magic data into it's dat file from another track? If so, which one?

Best regards,

Date: March 11, 2006 08:13PM
That's a great work Ruboy, then I even lapped in 1'29''7 without problems, thanks a lot :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy