New Bahrain beta2 track !!!

Posted by Ricardo Lampert 
Re: New Bahrain beta2 track !!!
Date: March 21, 2007 09:21PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Ruboy: Now that some significant progess were done on GP4Builder, you might try the "fix part to object links" features. I'm pretty sure it will greatly reduce the amount of objects that were disappearing without any reason so far.

Date: March 21, 2007 09:30PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Oh, never used this feature until now...will try it for sure. Thanks :)

Date: March 21, 2007 09:41PM
Posted by: schaller
Hi Ruboy. good to hear from you again. I wish I had more time to work on tracks, but my business took me away. I want to get back into it soon I hope, once I can manage more time to myself.
So you are seeing the same clipping problems I am seeing? Ahhh.
I am going to go through a bunch of the tex files and see if I can find anything. I remember Istanbul had this problem for a while, but we fixed it. Shame on me for loosing my knowledge.
I am going to dig in and see what I can find.

Thanks
Chris.
Date: March 21, 2007 09:46PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
i never had clipping problem in sakhir :o
maybe i had too concentrate in race?
Date: March 21, 2007 10:11PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Texture formats have already been fixed.

Maybe the "fix part to object links" feature will help.
Which objects cause problems?

Date: March 21, 2007 10:15PM
Hi Ruboy, I see it with the mass ground tex that surrounds the track. The sand I should say.
Then the pit building seems to clip also.
These are all part of a single enormous object sitting by itself in its own scene. Hopefully a s ignel application to the entire object might suffice. I am going to try this also and see.
Good Luck.

Schaller
Date: March 22, 2007 09:49AM
Posted by: Sohle
Hope you "track-guys" will fix it :-)

Sohle
Date: March 22, 2007 02:23PM
i cannot fix something that is not bug in my pc :D
bahrain was released in december, today we are on march... i cannot think that in these moths nobody have not time to advise an eventualy bug of the track :|
Date: March 22, 2007 02:32PM
Posted by: matt hill97
You've done a very great track 32BOBO32, but one more time, you need to sleep ;) .
They don't speak about your Bahrain track, but the one by Erwin Maliepaard, Dave Hagenaars, Martin Schubert, Laurent Rousseau, Ricardo Lampert and Mark Beijer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2007 02:36PM by matt hill97.
Date: March 22, 2007 02:37PM
give me back my bed
Date: March 22, 2007 02:37PM
Posted by: matt hill97
Date: March 22, 2007 03:13PM
Ok, I had some time to mess with this track and What I did was ungroup some of the objects that are part of the massive single object in scene1. I am now seeing all the sand in the distance, but am having varied results with some of the other objects, but this is fixable.
this track is beautiful to be sure!! Great job everyone involved.

Schaller
Date: March 22, 2007 10:15PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Ruboy and Schaller: the "fix parts to object links" is a one shot feature. You hit it once and all the parts of every objects with wrong internal link will be fixed. If the status bar shows any link fixed at the end, you can be sure, more objects will be visible as they should in game.

Date: March 22, 2007 11:01PM
Hello Lo2k. I have tried "fix parts to object links" many times now and the reply is allways "0 parts were reassigned" and no visible differences in game. I have not read the instructions completely on this yet, so I could be doing it incorrectly.
I have been able to get the sand to show up by unlinking it from the huge object in scene 1, but other sub object once ungrouped from the main object do not necessarily display. Some do, some dont. I know there's a fix, I am going to keep trying.

Schaller
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy