A1GP Mod - Team Switserland on P3 - 56k warning!

Posted by MDBSnake 
Re: A1GP Mod - Team Switserland on P3 - 56k warning!
Date: February 14, 2006 04:14PM
Posted by: Tumke

In Holland is it legal to download but it's illegal to share it...

So you can download movies, mp3 no problem...but if you use a program that also shares your movies and mp3 than you are illegal.
Date: February 14, 2006 05:56PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
But that doesnt change anything! It is still illegal to put it up for download, whether its for personal use or not

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
@DaveEllis: ok, first of all it is illegal to share movies or music, but you can download movies or music in a legal way by other ways like legal download sites,
also why don't you go on about copyright with every single car on this site because they are all breaking the law with the logos they use, every logo
used has a copyright law, but i don't think releasing blank cars here would help the site or GP4 very much.
Your also forgetting that all this is for fun, none of us are companies fighting each other, we are people having fun and having a good time with the sport
and game we all love.
You said "It is still illegal to put it up for download"
Yes thats right, but uploading it to private individuals only is not.
We are continuing the project, because we have not been told to stop, simple really:)
If we are told to stop then we'll stop, but only to the public, the rest will be done private.

Date: February 15, 2006 12:51AM
@flash formula: great idea!!

@DaveEllis: stop the discussien about the copyrights, all mods are illigal in a certain way (logo's ect). Every singele formula one car who is made for gp4 of any other game is illigal. We know that now...its clear. And i think the discussien about the copyrights right now is off topic, because were not (yet) banned.

@all the people who are working @ this mod: Keep up the good work!!
Date: February 15, 2006 02:43AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
also why don't you go on about copyright with every single car on this site because they are all breaking the law with the logos they use, every logo
used has a copyright law, but i don't think releasing blank cars here would help the site or GP4 very much.

Because F1 doesnt care about it, mods have gone on for along time. A1GP DOES care. A1GP disallows mods using there series as a base

Yes thats right, but uploading it to private individuals only is not.

Your understanding of copyright laws is exceptionally poor.

btw, incase you havent realised yet, click the bottom link in my sig then look at the images on the right hand side...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2006 02:43AM by DaveEllis.
Do you have the rights to the series then?

Date: February 15, 2006 11:44AM
@daveellis: i saw that picture a time ago when i visited your website, but i also saw that is isn't a project right now...i also found no information about it.

I heard from the guy from adrenalinestorm that a1gp is making a game...and he did not wanted to tell me if he is making it or not...:(
Date: February 15, 2006 02:37PM
Posted by: Vader
MODERATOR'S MESSAGE:

It doesn't really matter if something is legal or not. If the owners of this site (who pay money for it) decide something is not to be discussed or done on these forums you have to either accept it or leave the forums. If the admins don't want any talk about downloading music/movies you have to accept that whether its legal in your country or not. If the admins decide better not to get into trouble with A1GP it is their decision and there is no reason to negotiate this.

This thread will be closely examined by the moderators and we will decide what to do. When we decide to something it will happen and there won't be any discussion about it.

Thank you.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2006 09:47PM by Vader.

Ok:) I'm not here to get myself or others into trouble, We'll stop the project and future discussions about this mod (Team i'll talk on msn later), you won't see or hear about it on this forum anymore.

But maybe someone should do a sticky thread on what mods people can & can't do in future, it would save alot of problems for future mod makers.

This is the 2nd time that my mod has been stopped, The BTCC Mod and now The A1GP Mod too, because people tell me to close it for copyright issues... I'm sticking with F1, lol:).

Date: February 15, 2006 07:53PM
Posted by: f1fr33k
After reading Flash Formula's message, it's done with this thread. So no more discussions or other things. As we release the mod in private (that IS legal, because we are friends, and make it together for US), the thread can be closed. Although I would love an A1GP mod, there will be none for Gp4 for me... 2bad, but that's life :)
Great effort you guys, great you shared some pics with us :D
Date: February 15, 2006 08:12PM
Posted by: Vader
Sorry guys, we have to do this. Of course we all appreciate the effort you all put into this game and into the community. As much as we hate to interfere with these projects we personally all would like to see, we are sitting at the short end of the stick. Thank you for your co-operation and your patience. I will close this thread now until further notice.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy