A1GP Mod - Team Switserland on P3 - 56k warning!

Posted by MDBSnake 
Re: A1GP Mod - Team Switserland on P3 - 56k warning!
Date: February 10, 2006 05:55PM
Posted by: Tumke
Hi,

A1gp indeed has other plans...I went to the A1GP of lausitzring and i met there a guy who's was demonstrating a a1gp simulator. I asked him if it was a mod..No is was not a mod it was a part of a upcoming game. It is using the rfactor engine. But the game will have also a lot other different race cars in it. The website is www.adrenalinstorm.com . You can also see a few screens from the a1 cars.. I drove in the simulator and i made a short movie from it..(terrible quality by the way).

I think they have the lincense to make a A1gp game...I will ask him if he is online..

gr. Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2006 05:57PM by Tumke.
Date: February 10, 2006 05:58PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
But the game will have also a lot other different race cars in it

Not to my knowledge it wont.

not that it matters. A1GP has money problems and may not last until next season

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2006 05:58PM by DaveEllis.
Date: February 10, 2006 06:02PM
what do you mean ? that there is no a1gp after this season ?
Date: February 10, 2006 06:05PM
Yes, i mean that if they dont get the money problems sorted A1GP will not be around next season

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 10, 2006 06:13PM
Yea, but what do you want to say in relation with banning a1gp mods and the money problems? if they have money problems i don't think gameproducers invest in a lincense from a1gp if the races are over after this season...So why are they banning the mods and other racecompany's like F1 and champcar etc not?

And why should you quit stopping making this mod....if you can download all the movies and mp3's you want from the internet, why can't you make a mod for a nice raceserie. They are only trying to scare us..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2006 06:14PM by Tumke.
Date: February 10, 2006 06:20PM
Well you cant download all the movies and MP3s you want from the internet. Thats illegal. And unfortunatly, alot of mods are illegal, they are just ignroed by most. Mods contain copyrighted logos and material, to which the mod builders have no rights to, and whilst you may not make money from it, thats not how international copyright laws work. The FIA GT mod for GP4 suffered the same fate. Basicly, if A1GP tells you to stop making the mod you have no choice. You are using there copyright logos and material in order to produce something.

if they have money problems i don't think gameproducers invest in a lincense from a1gp if the races are over after this season

Dont you think they are looking to solve the money problems? The owners are looking to sell the series to someone else you know...

Basicly all im saying is A1GP has plans for a product. What the product is doesnt matter. Doesnt matter if its a brand nw game or a rFactor mod or a game for the SNES. What matters is if they see this mod you'll be asked to close it down. Its ashame, but thats how it goes. They own the rights to all the stuff your making so can force you to stop at any time

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2006 06:22PM by DaveEllis.
Date: February 10, 2006 06:27PM
Yea it's true what you say...But i can still download the movies i want :)

So my advise, delete you email adres from you profile (so you can't get a email from a1gp ) and continue making this mod... :) :)

Give this mod an other name or try to do something...because it's to stupid if this mod will banned. And let them ban it, how will they stop it? Do they now who we are? where just ordinary people...

Date: February 10, 2006 06:38PM
Theres a few ways they can find you

First off the IP address of every user is displayed to the mods and admins of this forum. Your location can be traced by this. Im sure your ISP would be happy to hear your breaking copyright laws ;-). One of the owners of this site (Bruno) i belive is a lawyer, so he knows the score too.

At the end of the day, i like mods. I spent years working on them. But if your told to stop, you stop. They arent legal, simple as that

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 10, 2006 06:51PM

i'm glad i'm not making this mod :) :)
Date: February 10, 2006 06:52PM
Posted by: GLD
Dave's completely right...it's a lot easier to simply stop than have a lot of uneccesary legal stuff hanging over your head...

Please click my sig!
Date: February 10, 2006 06:57PM
Posted by: b-tone
First off the IP address of every user is displayed to the mods and admins of this forum. Your location can be traced by this.

not to mention the new google map feature thing :p

____
Tony

Date: February 10, 2006 06:58PM
yep i agree with that,

I was just brainstorming what we could do and what if we could do if the mod will be banned. I never heard that other mod's also were banned. But it's explains to me why i never heard anything about them anymore. I just thought that the people were not motivated enough...or something like that
But we will see what happens...
Date: February 10, 2006 07:00PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
if, and only if they tell me to stop i will stop but atm i dont got an email yet so we will see

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: February 10, 2006 07:01PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
We won't stop this mod , we continue to work on it , if they say we need to stop we will do but if they doesn't say anything we will work till the very bitter end .

Date: February 10, 2006 07:13PM
Posted by: Gang$ta
Other option is to silence until release... ;)
Date: February 10, 2006 07:16PM
Posted by: theRedRacer
Am adding my opinion to Erix' one.. the cars look twice as big as the F1's. But they look very nice indeed already, prush away the beta bugs and we have a new mod in our hands! :D Good luck guys, looking forward on this.

..........................................................................................

Date: February 10, 2006 09:04PM
Posted by: villafan
You should make an a1 mod with 22 countries that aren't featured in real a1 like spain & finland & luxemburg. Then just call it something like a2 grand prix. Completely original!
don't worry guys, it's all aload of talk... b-tone and other authosr making mods don't get anybody talking about copyright. (sorry b-tone for using you as an example, keep up the good work:)) IMO i think someone is also making a A1GP for GP4 and trying to stop us from doing our mod.

Every single person on this site is breaking the law, but who cares...

If Ferrari or mclaren said to all of us "due to copyright laws, no-one here can build or paint any cars like ours" this site would close.

This mod is not closing (unless otherwise)

BTW: My cars are coming along well:), previews soon.

Date: February 10, 2006 11:52PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Flash Formula Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> don't worry guys, it's all aload of talk... b-tone
> and other authosr making mods don't get anybody
> talking about copyright. (sorry b-tone for using
> you as an example, keep up the good work) IMO i
> think someone is also making a A1GP for GP4 and
> trying to stop us from doing our mod.
>

no offence flash but that is one of the most ridiculous posts i have read on these forums
Date: February 11, 2006 12:00AM
Posted by: six degrees
Flash Formula Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> don't worry guys, it's all aload of talk... b-tone
> and other authosr making mods don't get anybody
> talking about copyright. (sorry b-tone for using
> you as an example, keep up the good work) IMO i
> think someone is also making a A1GP for GP4 and
> trying to stop us from doing our mod.
>
> Every single person on this site is breaking the
> law, but who cares...
>
> If Ferrari or mclaren said to all of us "due to
> copyright laws, no-one here can build or paint any
> cars like ours" this site would close.
>
> This mod is not closing (unless otherwise)

A1 GP are more "hands on" then most other racing series - Formula One etc aren't really aware of the whole modding thing (altho it's rumoured they'll be clamping down on it too soon cos it's blatantly hurting sony, even tho the shiteness of the sony games hurts them too :P). GP4 and this place seem to slip under the radar quite often, the legal issues generally come up at RSC... but it does depend on the copyright/licence holder. as dave stated earlier the gp4italia FIA GT mod got shut down shortly after Simbin got the deal for GTR - now a gp4 mod really wouldn't've been any competition to them but they were protecting their licence as they had every right to do.

Since you were "going pro" not so long ago (even if at the time that struck me as utter bs too) you should well know all about the legality thing...

e// believe what you want, but the fact of the matter is that F1C and rF A1GP mods have been shut down, I see no reason why a gp4 mod would be any different (unless since as I said this place isn't rsc it'll blip under the radar). Just don't be surprised if you get served :P

e2// n00b spelling

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2006 12:03AM by six degrees.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy