GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: August 06, 2008 08:38PM
Posted by: airefresco
How do you know that?

- edit -
Nevermind, I just saw it. Dumb moment

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2008 08:39PM by airefresco.
Date: August 06, 2008 09:07PM
Posted by: Ruboy
airefresco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I need help again.
>
> I thought I would try to improve Jimbobs Cannon
> circuit thingy, for personal use. Anyway, I have
> completely redone the pitlane and a few minor
> tweaks to banks and verges, but the orignal
> CC-line is screwed up (I assume as it was done on
> older version 3deditor by Jimbob?) So I have
> redone a new CC-Line. I get an immediate CTD when
> I hit drive, So I deleted the my new cc-line and
> the track loads, but all the cars are on their
> sides in the garages. I mean literally the cars
> are on two wheels. I soon as they try to drive
> they crash. I´ve made another new cc-line (and
> made sure it was different to the last one) but it
> still CTD´s. Any ideas on why, and does the cars
> being on their sides relate?

I tried to do a new cc-line for Canon Track and another of Jim's track and it always crashed when I inserted the new cc-line...it is now 2 years ago and I am still surprised that it still happens.
I am really curious why this happens.

Date: August 06, 2008 09:29PM
Thanks for that Ruboy, makes me feel a little less of a n00b if you have issues with it too.
Date: August 06, 2008 11:07PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Did you try to fix cc-cars behaviour (with the feature having the same name) before any cc-line change ?

Date: August 06, 2008 11:56PM
Yes I tried that. When you click that with the original CC-Line (jim´s) then that´s when the CC-line gets all screwed.
Date: August 07, 2008 06:36PM
Posted by: Rot Teufel
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Why not line up the banks and rails as in the
> original 2001 track?

How? it's possible to modify the the track in a safe mode without adding the new part to build? Explain me please

howewer i for now is off, 'cause i'm studing for 2 exams. If i found some free time i'll do it.

For now i'm studing how to place bremenkurve as close as possible

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Date: August 08, 2008 12:33AM
I Have made a little progress regarding the CC-line problem. I´ve found that the track loads with the cc-line upto sector 230. Anything beyond that sector and the track crashes. So I am thinking that there must be something on this sector that causes the track to crash. I don´t know enough about these sort of things, but I have had a look at that particular sector and there doesn´t seem to be any strange values or anything, but like I said, i am no expert on this feild. Anybody have any advice on things to look for?
Date: August 08, 2008 01:15PM
@airefresco : it would be easier if you could post a link pointing toward the .dat file with your new crashing ccline.

Date: August 08, 2008 09:03PM
Thanks LO2K, here are the two version´s of the DAT.

Jim´s Original DAT

My Modified DAT
Date: August 12, 2008 05:48PM
Posted by: maes
hello can anyone help with this problem? the ending section of the curbs is going into the ground, but i want them to be seen till they end!
picture:

Date: August 12, 2008 07:27PM
You can't do much about it because extreme edge of the curb is at the same altitude as the very inner edge.
So if your verge is a little hilly, it will cover kerbs run-out.

Date: August 13, 2008 12:08AM
Lo2k, did you manage to take a look at the DATs I posted? I am considering just making the whole DAT again, from scratch, and keeping it as close to the original as possible, with a few changes around sector 200-300. The thing is I don´t want to spend a lot of time on making a DAT, if it´s just going to have the same problem.
Date: August 13, 2008 12:20AM
Posted by: n00binio
i think its unlikely that a completely new dat will have the same problem. i would rebuild it.
Date: August 13, 2008 12:23AM
I had a look but I wasn't able to discover what was wrong...

Date: August 13, 2008 09:13AM
OK thanks, strange isn´t it? I´ll start rebuilding then and hoping for the best.
Date: August 17, 2008 05:24PM
I´ve made a little progress with the old DAT. I found that somehow the initial pit sector was corrupt or something, because it had no commands. If you tried to open it GP4builder brought up the error thingy. So I fixed that so it now has all the correct commands.

The track still crashes if the CC-line is over 230 sectors, but it now crashes immediately when you click DRIVE, it doesn´t even get to the loading bar stage. If you delete the CC-line before sector 230 then the track loads, but the cars don´t follow the CC-line at all, not even the first bit. I´ve checked all flags and stuff and they all seem correct to me, so anyone would like a hazard a guess now?

New DAT file
Date: August 18, 2008 05:44PM
Weird. I tried several tricks without success. It looks like as in the old time when ccline was not understood at all...
Well, then you can use the old way too, creating blind ccline and using tests and trials in game to validate your values...until someone find what's wrong.

BTW : your pitlane start and end flags are completely wrong.

Date: August 18, 2008 07:15PM
Lo2K, do I need to use an older version of 3dbuilder too, or can I still use GP4builder? Also, what have I done wrong with the flags? I did them the same as Mavericks guide.

Thanks for your help so far.
Date: August 18, 2008 10:47PM
Actual version is fine.
And both flags have to be set in the track sectors BEFORE the pitlane concerned sector (so the track sector before the pitlane sector 0 for start flag and the track sector before the end of the last pitlane sector for the end one).

Hmm, you said Maverick's guide....hmmm, it reminds me about something ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2008 10:50PM by Lo2k.
Date: August 23, 2008 11:59AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
some of the objects on a track i am working on disappear as a car passes beneath it. it is viewed from long distances, so i dont think clipping is an issue. any ideas?

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy