WGP Series (2006) - 2nd Test Results On New Thread

Posted by Flash Formula 
Hi Everyone,

What is World Grand Prix?...
World Grand Prix (WGP) will be a fantasy racing series which will use a mixture of gp4 and life like news reports from a website.
The website will have regular WGP news reports, like driver contracts, new teams, new tracks, race reports etc...
This fantasy championship will use real people and trade names from across the motorsport world.
F1 is the focus point, so that means anything involved with F1 like Teams, Drivers etc... (apart from sponsors and tracks) will not
be allowed to take part in this new championship, but here is the twist, anything that leaves F1 can then enter this
Championship, so for example, Michael's in F1 now and theres no WGP contract, but when he leaves F1 in real life,
he might get a drive in this fantasy championship.

The part that GP4 plays is this:
GP4 will be WGP's race simulator for race results, screenshots, images of the races etc...
so even people without GP4 can stay interested in the series.
For people who have GP4 installed, they will get mods and updates from the series, (only releasing with authors permissions)
so they can recreate a race they have seen on the WGP website.
like: Michael in a subaru team racing at spa. (after his F1 days)

Concept:
Fully working website
22 F1 style single seater cars
11 Teams (Fantasy)
Current & Fantasy Tracks from around the world
Full WGP Regulations (Fantasy)
Team & Driver Stats... (Fantasy)
Maybe Enter Yourself (watch your progress grow along with the stars)
Mods, Cars, Helmet Designs etc... for GP4 users to download
Get Yourself Sponsored with a team.
maybe even manage your own team.
the list goes on...

As for authors:
I would like to get as many people involved as possible (from doing a sponsor on a helmet, to creating a full WGP car)
I would also love as many permissions as possible (like using car shape, helmet shapes etc... from others) Authors get credit and it's for the WGP
releasing only and will never be released for anything else...

PM me here or Email me at the address below
Email: worldgrandprix@hotmail.co.uk

Also a sticky for this topic would be great, as updates on the series will regularly be coming in.

Please give any questions or ideas about this...

thanks for reading

Flash

Edited 39 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2005 06:45AM by mortalwombat.
Re: World Grand Prix (sticky if possible) (For GP4)
Date: July 02, 2005 01:18AM
Posted by: danm
ooh it looks very nicely thought out! :D well done!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
sounds great, nice idea Flash :)
Date: July 02, 2005 01:31AM
Posted by: Briere
gotta agree with you :)

but if you were to make that website, please get rid of those damn "..." :|
Math, that is only used to lead to the continuation of the article, like this...

leading to this: Flash, I guess you could put me down for help. I can paint cars (on templates, but have my limitations), helmets, and actually have a performance file for myself from the mod I am working on, so if you need a driver I could send you my stuff and you could put me down for some team! My MSN is on my profile, if you wish to talk to me :).
Date: July 02, 2005 09:44AM
Posted by: ILE_FIN
Me too can paint cars and helmets..

---
Date: July 02, 2005 11:59AM
Posted by: fongu
sounds like a good idea :) Good luck

Date: July 02, 2005 02:13PM
Posted by: mortal
This thread has temp sticky mode to promote further discussion of the concept of a simualted WGP fantasy racing series.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
is it a league?
if not explain it to me...i dont exactly wish to recreate AI races.
nonetheless nice presentation. get back to the minardi :P
@danm:
Thanks:) I've been doing personal fantasy championships like this since 1998 with lots of paper and pens... lol
I thought it's time to do it properly by using the internet and get others involved...

@Guimengo:
Thanks mate:)
I've added you to my MSN.

@ILE_FIN:
Great Stuff:) I'll keep you posted.

@mortalwombat:
Thanks for turning this thread into a sticky and it's great for the WGP.

Thanks to everyone else with the good comments. :)

I'm currently writing up the Sporting & Technical Regulations and website for WGP.
The website will explain alot more about the new series:
Like: Dimentions, Regulations and Limits to an WGP Car, How to become a Driver or Manager in the series or any good fantasy news ideas that would feel like real life. etc

Just to let you all know: The World Grand Prix Series is not an online network racing sim.

Flash
"Creator of the World Grand Prix Championship"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2005 03:55PM by Flash Formula.
Ok Everyone

I need permission to use the following from authors:
* A Hi-Res Helmet Shape (that supports hi or super hi-res textures) (will not be changed in any way)
* Front and Rear 2005 Hi-res Tyres (without grooves, WGP will run on slicks) (allowing us to change the rear tyre to a wider dimention)
* Any F1 car from 2003,04 or 05 (for team construction) (also allowing us to change each car to fit the WGP regulations)

Please:)

Thats it's so far.

Everybodys work that will be part of the WGP, will be credited and will be for this series only.

Thanks guys.

Flash
"creator of the World Grand Prix Championship"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2005 04:23PM by Flash Formula.
cant we have a "referendum" on the technical regulations once teams are formed just like the FIA do it?
i am against slicks on modern car :P
@Mini Maestro:
The website will have pages for the Sporting & Technical Regulations for everyone to see. as soon as they're fully completed:)

Flash
Flash i think you misunderstood me...
i mean is it possible that all the teams arre first formed, then we discuss the sporting regs and we can vote on what we want/what we do not want?
just an idea....
@Mini Maestro:
It could be possible, but most of the teams and drivers will be fantasy run (with AI) and won't have a say about the regulations, apart from teams that are run by real people or real drivers which can then have their say about the regs.

Like this for example:

You run a team for the WGP by making contract deals and stuff with the World Grand Prix Group (WGPG). you can read the regs (which are fix made for everyone(fantasy or real)) and then maybe ask the WGPG for some changes.

but then...

at the same time another team is being run by damon hill (hill racing).
so because i personly can't contact damon about any reg changes, the regs will be set for all, so that would make a voting system unfair.

If one after a few years i see that every team is run by real people, then a voting system would be possible, but i'm not running before i can walk:)

Great idea thu:):)
I think you will find that all the teams will be snapped up very quickly by 'real' team owners, I recall a team management series was started here earlier this year by someone and it fell over before it even got off the ground so if this is the real deal and it is actually going to work I want a team, either managed by myself alone or in a consortium with another forum member/s, preferably another Australian so that there is an all Aussie owned team on the grid, lookout Paul Stoddart, you have some competition :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
lol mortal :)

I have a fantasy shape nearly finished, suppose some team could use that should they require.

Also if you'd like to use my tyres you're more than welcome, I could quite quickly (but begrudginly :p) knock up a set of slicks too. Or any tyre brand :)
I think this might turn out similar to the A1 GP Series :P.

I have a 2001 Irvine helmet that I made in hi and super hi res if you wish to use, it's on this site and on GP4Italia as well :). Maybe tomorrow or soon I'll catch you on MSN so we can talk a bit!
Once again, I could paint some helmets and cars, but don't know hot to map and I think shading would be a bit of an issue for me, but I could try if needed. Alpha layers I still don't know how to make on PS7 o_O, maybe there's something going on with it at the moment. Just a quick heads up :) (basically, if you give me a template I can do just about anything, except for fire textures ;)).
@mortalwombat:
The more teams run by real people the better the WGP will be, but i have worked on a system so that
the WGP can still work with only a few real teams.
Send an email to: worldgrandprix@hotmail.co.uk for more info about becoming a team manager:)

@six degrees:
Great mate:) the more permissioned car shapes the better for the series.
Just send the car shape and the tyres to: worldgrandprix@hotmail.co.uk
(btw: Dunlop will by the tyre supplier for the WGP) abit of future news there. lol

@Guimengo:
Great Stuff:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The WGP will also have a high database system for everything involved with the series.

Anybody how wants to be a driver or team manager: Then send an email to
worldgrandprix@hotmail.co.uk saying the position you want.

Thanks

Flash
hey... It's a good idea BUT:

Beware what you are using!!!!!! You use a Nissan logo and comments from Max Mosley and Niki Lauda!!!!!! It's dangerous... I was punished from justice, because I included one single picture of a company on a website I created for a costumer. At the end I had to pay 20,000
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy