2005 mod : Imola & Barcelona update **Released**

Posted by b-tone 
actually Tony I Uninstalled GP4 all together and reinstalled everything and Its working great,I love it. ps will there be any new steering wheels for the new mod. I thought i heard a while back that stifflers mum was starting a minardi wheel but I havent heard anything else? maybe a mclaren too

Jeremy
i have no problems at all cause i fixed them what i found :-)
well that doesn't help much does it - and you're meant to be my tester :p

hopefully stifflers mum does a maca and minardi wheel soon

____
Tony

a big thanks to you steven for helping through then problems that i did have.

jeremy
the fix i have send to your hotmailaccount Tony :-)

your welcome jeremy!

I find that the mod rocks!

we used to wait for a mod after a F1 season, now we have it almost real time, What can we wish more ?????

And indeed the bugs are little details not big problems like crashing. If it crash with an user then the user has a problem not the mod cause its installed fine for others. And indeed best thing is fresh install of everything, worth it for this mod if you ask me!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2005 08:39PM by Bigbrother.
Re: 2005 mod : Imola & Barcelona update **Released**
Date: May 15, 2005 10:29PM
Posted by: Yoshi
Good mod, although I have an out of fuel problem for example at Melbourne. Also I have the feeling that the last mod had a quicker fps/ low po where simulating high speed was better than this mod. But I am not sure :)

any idea's to get rid of the out of fuel problem? Change the physics file in gpxpatch? Tweakers settings simple in Tony's CSM 2005 mod?

thnx
normal if you choose simple tweak then you should not run out of fuel cause that option isn't enabled in simple!

but if you have made a good setup (gears shifting) you can save 0.3 . 0.5 fuel each lap and then you won't run out or you can add some extra fuel when you do a planned pitstop :-)
Date: May 16, 2005 12:58AM
Posted by: Yoshi
@ BigBrother

well, its not that I have problems with the fuel but all other (computer) cars. Normally 3 - 5 cars dont finish in the last lap and some cars do a pitstop when there is only 3 laps are left :(

on simple ?
thanks for the bins BB, but i need 8 of them. or 16 :|

but dont worry, as there'll soon be an all new and far better way to control all that stuff :D

i just have to figure out how :<

____
Tony

Hi Tony,

Fantastic Mod!

Quick question:

Why are the driver's arm colours wrong? I think they're the default.

How can I fix this... I tried using GP4Tweaker, but it had no effect.

Thanks,

Cozmicoz - ITV soundset 1.04 available at [www.motorsportfotos.co.uk]?
i had wrong drivers arm colours and mclaren using bridgestone, even tho there was no apparent errors in the mod - i solved it by replacing the gp4.exe
so try that. rename your one (gp4.exe.old or something) and put a new one in.

____
Tony

Thanks Tony...

but WHERE can I get a 'new' gp4.exe?

From the CD? I might need more specific instructions...

Sorry,

Cozmicoz
Hi Tony

I posted my car (11th team) car made by Moustag the manager of MRT.I got his permission tu use it...if you want to take a look and tell me what you think...

Sheers

Laurent

MINOLTA

I am new to this forum and GP4 (though I used to play with GP3 until I got bored with it), and I must say that this mod is unbeleivable. When I first started playing around with GP4, it soon became a little to easy. WIth this mod, not only are the graphics incredible, but the gameplay is 1000% better. The physics make it more of a chellenge- it is easier to spin and you don't feel like you're riding on a rail. BUT, the cool thing is that it is predictable and I am finding how far I can push the car at various turns and I can literally feel when the car is about to go into a spin. Very realistic IMHO.

I would like to thank b-tone and all the rst of the team for putting so much time and effort into this- a very talented, smart, and hard working group of people. Also a big thanks to zaz and others that have made the utilities that allow the neophytes like myself get the most from this game and the mods. Hopefully I'll be able to return the favor and make a contribution to the development of the game someday.

I have alwys had a passion for F1, but this allows me to enjoy the sport so much more. Keep up the good work.
@cozmicoz - download the decrypted one from this site. it should be 6128kb for v1.02

@raylinds - finally a happy customer :) you're more than welcome :)

____
Tony

Thanks Tony,

That's what I figured.

Anyway, I saw how you guys have included the team bpr sounds in the new version of the mod...

If you'd like to include my ITV soundset in the Monaco update, go ahead. I think racers would like the option of 'configuring' their game to have ITV commentary form time to time.

If you haven't tried it, check out Dragon Racing Forum [www.motorsportfotos.co.uk]

Just a suggestion - There's been a lot of positive feedback.

I am looking into making a soundset without Murray Walker - because he doesn't commentate the 2005 races... the problem is that there aren't many available clips yet, and a soundset with him would be far less 'talkative' than the current ITV sounset 1.04 version.

Thanks again, Keep up the valiant efforts!

Cozmicoz

Tony

Like Cosmicoz I'm looking for a new gp4 but where onthis site could I find it?Personaly everthing is ok in this great mod you've done....THANKS for all for you and your team....

Sorry for the question but what do you really think about my MRT car(see the pics i've posted just before)....

thanks a lot again

look here. i think its the first one.
[www.grandprixgames.org]
for patched 1.02 version it should be 6,275,072 bytes

i'll check out the sounds, but 16mb might be a bit big.

looks good minolta - check out max's site for more car painting: [racing-leagues.com] :)

____
Tony

Date: May 16, 2005 04:02PM
Posted by: Rensz
Hi,

I have a question about the mod. When i play it look like it's played twice the normal speed. Can i turn that off. Or is it just a thing that i need to get justed to.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy