GPG Nations Cup S5 R17 - Off-season

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
Team China

It looks like I was right. Our lead is now down to just 4pts, and 20pts separate the top 5. These final 3 rounds are going to be crucial for sure in the fight for the championship.

Team Ireland

We're 12th in the standings, we're still aiming to get some strong points in next races and hopefully we can be in top 10.
Team Wales
Disappointed to have slipped from the podium, but very pleased to have closed the gap to China. The top few in the table are very close, it's going to be an exciting finish to the season!
Changed this post....lol

Shocking season for the French. Boost full power for all remaining races....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2016 11:23AM by shep34.
Will we be moving on to preparations for Rd 15 soon?

Looks like it will be hard for us to get a top 5 finish in championship after this last awful race =(

Once again a bad race, we had a good start but it finished as awful as always, a season to forget
Round 14 Activity Check

Two players were inactive for the period over which Round 14 was held:

brasspanels (Singapore) - 1st warning
Briere (Canada) - 3rd warning

1st warning - 50/50 quali/race penalty
2nd warning - 100/100 quali/race penalty
3rd warning - removal from series

All penalties shall be applied in round 15. Appeals should be sent to kedy89 and/or posted on this thread for notification.

GPG Nations Cup Round 15 - Canadian GP - Watkins Glen

The performance deadline for Round 15 at Watkins Glen is the end of Monday 12th December. Everyone is to send their performance request to the GPG-Nations-Cup account, or here if you want an extra shortcut. Please set the subject title of your message as "Round 15 - Canadian GP - (Your Country Name)". In your message please state explicitly how much you allocate for Qualifying and how much you allocate for the Race (e.g. Qualifying: 500, Race: 500). If you submit one number, qualifying and race performance will be exactly half of that value.

1 - UAE GP - Yas Marina - 0% Winner: China
2 - Singapore GP - Marina Bay - 0% Winner: Wales
3 - Australian GP - Surfers Paradise - 0% Winner: China
4 - Japanese GP - Motegi - 20% Winner: Bulgaria
5 - Chinese GP - Zhuhai - 0% Winner: Brazil
6 - Montenegro GP - Brno - 0% Winner: Brazil
7 - Bulgarian GP - Hungaroring - 0% Winner: San Marino
8 - Dutch GP - Assen - 0% Winner: Monaco
9 - Welsh GP - Donington Park - 60% Winner: Germany
10 - French GP - Le Mans Bugatti - 30% Winner: Monaco
11 - German GP - Hockenheimring - 0% Winner: Netherlands
12 - Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps - 50% Winner: Germany
13 - Italian GP - Monza - 0% Winner: Wales
14 - Portuguese GP - Portimao - 0% Winner: Germany
15 - Canadian GP - Watkins Glen - 0%
16 - Mexican GP - Mexico City - 0%
17 - Brazilian GP - Interlagos - 20%

Aw Canada, that's terrible and even they'll miss their home race! What a shame! :(

Anyway, going to the Watkins Glen we look forward to this amazing track and we can't wait to race there.
Hi, i am a new user. I played GPM and GP4 and now i loved this since i found it. I never do a game like this, being manager in GP4, and i dont know how the things work but i like to join the next season if possible. I want to start learning a bit :D

I am from Argentina, and that country i would love to represent, but i dont know how to do the liveries. I could try but i suspect that they are going to be terrible.
FNC7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, i am a new user. I played GPM and GP4 and now
> i loved this since i found it. I never do a game
> like this, being manager in GP4, and i dont know
> how the things work but i like to join the next
> season if possible. I want to start learning a bit
> :D
>
> I am from Argentina, and that country i would love
> to represent, but i dont know how to do the
> liveries. I could try but i suspect that they are
> going to be terrible.

If you are interested in joining, then the first thing you should do is read the rules of the series on the first page. That will tell you everything about how the Nations Cup works and so on.

I read them while ago but are things that i need to put them on practice to learn. My major concern is about the liveries and helmet, i dont know how thats work.

I go step to step, and the first one is giving me to know and say that i want to join this competition.

I understand, more or less, how performance works but how i say before i need to try it to adquire more experience and get the feel of it. I would like to say that if my english is bad and sometimes you dont understand is because i am not very good at it, my native language is spanish :P

Thanks for that fast answer by the way :D
FNC7 Wrote:
> I read them while ago but are things that i need
> to put them on practice to learn. My major concern
> is about the liveries and helmet, i dont know how
> thats work.
>
> I go step to step, and the first one is giving me
> to know and say that i want to join this
> competition.
>
> I understand, more or less, how performance works
> but how i say before i need to try it to adquire
> more experience and get the feel of it. I would
> like to say that if my english is bad and
> sometimes you dont understand is because i am not
> very good at it, my native language is spanish :P
>
> Thanks for that fast answer by the way :D

For helmet and livery, if you have photoshop then you can paint on the templates for those there (Gimp can also be used, but photoshop is usually the better option to use when it comes to painting). Download links for the helmet and car are on the first page. When it comes to painting the car, the logical thing to do is to use sponsors that are from the nation you plan to run (in your case, you said you would want to run Team Argentina so you would look for Argentina based brands for sponsors). Only sponsors that can't be used are tobacco brands so don't bother with those. For engine supplier, you are free to choose what you want if the nation doesn't have their own car brands. You can choose from the 5 tyre manufactures for the team to use, and lastly you can choose any number that hasn't been taken (between #2 and #99) and that will be the number the team will run (#1 is reserved for the reigning series champion so you can't pick that one, and currently #10, #9 and #27 can't be chosen as well). As for the driver name, that is up to you to decide on. Also, when painting the livery or helmet, you want to have ZModler V1.07B downloaded. This will let you see the car/helmet in 3D and you can see how it is looking (ZModler uses TGA files so when you are painting, you want to save your progress as a TGA file for this).

Seeing how there are only 3 rounds left to run, it's probably for the best that you get put on the waiting list. That way, you'll be the first to take a vacant spot heading into Season 6. All you need to do is to get the livery and helmet 100% completed and then send it in to the GPG Nations Cup account via PM (not sure who is going to be mod creator for Season 6 yet so this would be the best way to get it sent in). And if you end up struggling with painting the livery and helmet, you can always ask someone to help out with it (if you do, you'll need to give the details for colours/sponsors/number so that the person can know what you want to see on the car/helmet).

Thanks for that large response. I think it is better if i start next season too, i am anxious :D

I started working on the liveries, they are pretty ugly but is what i can do for the moment. Maybe i can improve a little bit and do better things. At least i will get in the competition. What i cant do is to get a picture of the car like the ones in the first page, but is not necesary to do it i think.

I dont know if i can say it yet, but if i can i would like to reserve the number #7 and the name "Franco Casanova" for my driver for the next season.

It is like this for the moment, but maybe i start a fresh now that i know how to do it. It all depends in the time I have:

PD: The ones in the first page are amazing, i would love to have that skill and make the car like those ones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2016 12:43AM by FNC7.
Don't worry about the pics in the first page. That was a render scene I made for the CART shape (I do plan to do renders again for the teams of their Season 6 liveries). As for the livery, it looks pretty good so far. Just need to work out how to paint on the different parts so that the colour matches up on all parts that touch each other.

Yeah, that was driving me mad. Any advice on that? I had a lot of difficulties trying to match the colours, i cant find the trick to do it.
FNC7 Wrote:
> Yeah, that was driving me mad. Any advice on that?
> I had a lot of difficulties trying to match the
> colours, i cant find the trick to do it.

That's why you have ZModler to help you. Seeing how you can't tell where the part you're painting will match up with other parts of the car, ZModler lets you see where it will be on the car (good example is the top of the nose down to the side). Aftet you can see where it will end up, you can then paint little bits at a time until ZModler shows it connect up (which takes awhile as you sometimes have to move the paint backward or forward to get it to match up with what's on the other part of the car).

I'll do the perfs tomorrow, that is if I don't forget about it. Too tired now, would only provoke mistakes.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
that car has certainly an interesting look :) if it's tweaked properly it'll be a beauty :)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy