GPGSL S10 R11: Brazilian Wax Grand Prix - Interlagos [Perfs posted][Seat Vacancy]

Posted by GPGSL 
Very pleased to be well inside the top 10! Hoping for a clean race and to jag some more points!
Hmmm... I have serious doubts about that... with my perf's and boost... 16th !

And where was my second run to improve my time ?

- McCarthy gets his 3rd run started with a climb from 17th to 6th place.

I didn't saw that with me and some others...

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Great job by everyone in the team to put the car on the front row. Huge chance for a double points finish this weekend

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Pleased with fourth and fifth on the grid. The target has got to be the team's first podium of the year.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Going to be a tough race for me starting from 14th. Just need to stay clear of trouble and hope that I gain the positions needed to score a points finish.

Could be considered bad if you compare to the last race weekend but it's still a decent result.
GPGSL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Activity Check
>
> One absentee this week.
>
> Paulo Silva (MPR) - Last active: June 29, 2015
>
> Next check is 2nd August. (It may be a day or two
> late, I'm going to Hockenheim to do stuff)

OPPSSS... Sorry! I check this thread almost daily. I guess i forgot to post something.

-----------------------------------------------------

second, i´m happy with that! lets go for the win!! =) bring it on!!
X_Acto Wrote:
> GPGSL Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Activity Check
> >
> > One absentee this week.
> >
> > Paulo Silva (MPR) - Last active: June 29, 2015
> >
> > Next check is 2nd August. (It may be a day or
> two
> > late, I'm going to Hockenheim to do stuff)
>
>
> OPPSSS... Sorry! I check this thread almost daily.
> I guess i forgot to post something.

Easily done Paolo considering the site was down for two days.

Brett Sinclair schrieb:
> Hmmm... I have serious doubts about that... with
> my perf's and boost... 16th !
>
> And where was my second run to improve my time ?
>
> - McCarthy gets his 3rd run started with a climb
> from 17th to 6th place.
>
> I didn't saw that with me and some others...

I know how frustrating it is when boosts don't work out, but we all know that boosts are no guarantee for a good position. How often have me and others been in similar positions. GP4 is still a gamble. And it's common practice that the 2nd runs are only included in the coverage, if they incorporate an improvement in time/position. What Stu meant with 3rd runs was the 2nd stint of the first group, with the 2nd stint of the second group being the 4th run. I wasn't shown on my 2nd stint either, since I didn't improve as well. So it's all as it should be.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Put it like this, the reigning champions are yet to finish on the podium once this season.

Under the current system the perfs mean nothing, and the series is now practically a game of chance.

Basically, having the 'best' team and drivers means nothing. Look at ONE's success.

Good jobs lads, here's hoping for double points again (Y)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Ferrari2007 Schreef:
> Put it like this, the reigning champions are yet
> to finish on the podium once this season.
>
> Under the current system the perfs mean nothing,
> and the series is now practically a game of
> chance.
>
> Basically, having the 'best' team and drivers
> means nothing. Look at ONE's success.

At times this frusterates me also.. I have been in the series for a long time now, never I have gotten a inactivity penalty. I have been growing in performance every year so far, but this year (with some bad luck also) things are not going very good. I hope to wi nthe championship one day, but it seems far away right now.

But maybe I accepted already it is more luck, in stead of being active, growing my performance and making sure I drive for a top-team. We will see what the future brings, we cant just change the rules every year without thinking about it like they do in F1 ;-) But maybe.. we just need titatium skids for sparks, DRS and a pepperoni gun to shoot at other drivers!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
It's not different for me, folks. I've also had the fourth best starter perf last season and was with the supposedly best team. And nonetheless my final position in the championship wasn't any better than it was a couple of seasons back with ART. I also went the path, was active, built up a good reputation and went to the best team eventually, only to find that the rule changes did just what they were supposed to do. They mixed up the field. It's not like ONE is a total newcomer, nor was SCR last season, nor is MAC. On the other hand, however, it's kinda funny how people always complain that boosts aren't working and on the other hand complain that lower teams rocket-start to the front with the help of more boost. Who finds the mistake?

With the perfs levelled so closely at the start of the season, it's just luck who gets the best results in the first two races and builds up a perf-advantage in this time. However, the current system is the fairest I could imagine, since it gives everybody a shot on things. MPR won the WCC last season, this season they're struggling a bit. AMR dominated the series for a while and now is struggling for a season and a half, with this being the first pole for the team in a long while. SCR won the WDC and is now struggling because of their main driver having caught a perf penalty. Therefore others get a shot. Isn't this what keeps the series interesting for everybody? I could also be pissed that despite good chances for a championship win on paper, I'm actually driving somewhere in the upper midfield, most times. And sometimes I am. But the overall good of the series is bigger.

Not to forget that this situation increases activity on the drivers market. If you're not going to win with one team, then you'll sooner or later start to look for other possibilities. It's not about everybody trying to get a seat with AMR/MPR/TS(M,S,A) anymore. It's about trying to figure out who might give you the best chances and how to get a seat there. To me, that's a positive development.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I definitely agree with that thought

Ferrari2007 écrivait:
>
> chance.
>

Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull

;)

Ferrari2007 schrieb:
>
> chance.
>

I get what you mean. My 2 seasons spent testing and building up one of the best perfs are pretty much nullified by now. In retrospect I shouldn't have agreed to the changes.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
ONE may be successful now, but I could still say that after a season testing and 4 seasons racing I have 2 wins, whereas Marcus has the same amount after a season and a fraction testing and four races. It's mixed up everywhere, but at least we've got different drivers up there, who never were there before. I know I shouldn't be giving my opinion, as I myself am being benefitted by this system. But you can see that even between us at ONE, things aren't what logic (and perfs) would dictate.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Just goes to show, you can't please all the people all of the time.

We made these changes because of complaints by some that all AMR had to do was turn up to win. After those changes were made AMR still won the title, cue yet more complaints. So, we made a few more little tweaks and we had the unusual situation in that the championship winning driver didn't drive for the championship winning team. Also, AMR was knocked off the top. So, did we not succeed in what the majority wanted? A more open championship?

I mean come on guys, we are only four races into the season, when everything is usually mixed up anyway.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Yeah, apologies, I've come over all Christian Horner.

I'll be blaming Lancia for all of MPR's problems next ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy