GPGSL S9 R17 - British GP - Silverstone - Beware of exploding TNRs! [RACE ON-LINE!!!! P62 & 63!!!!][Deadline sending cars & helmets for S10: 1st of March 2015]

Posted by GPGSL 
RenaultRS10 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please guys, it's a game, nor is it to take it so
> seriously. Glen know the rules and I trust that
> he's telling the truth, isn't enough? I don't see
> the point of using a double account when with a
> single one is manager of a team, and I think that
> isn't small job, besides being a driver of his
> team, participating in the GPGNC, among other
> things, isn't enough? Practically all the evidence
> is against Glen, but I don't see the point to
> this.
>
> I don't want to cause trouble, I just want to
> expose my point of view.

I agree with Domenech. It's impossible to believe that some people wants to create discord because of a single game!! ¬¬

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
senna9194 schrieb:
> Whoa there seems to be a big mess right now :0
> there isn't much more to say, I just guess that no
> other season since I've joined saw so much
> controversy and suspect towards some members.
>
> P.s. Paolo Tafuro? Seriously? I made it clear 5
> years ago that the name was fictional.

I didn't accuse you in any way (why should I), just mentioned your name change as this is the only one I can remember. Simply an example of something we can't know for sure. 5 years ago is 3 before I joined. Never read that. Sorry for that one :-)

Also John, it's great that I am wrong. Don't think that I would just for fun accuse someone of something like this. It's just that I can't imagine anything else for info that could have happened. I know certain PMs you surely have read as well, other information like "writing in a similar style" is nothing that I'd consider anything of worth when it comes to a decision like this. The same with "same IP-adress" that already, as I mentioned, was openly mentioned by both at the start. Apart from that, I wouldn't think of anything "suspicious" that anyone here could see. Thus the whole discussion, for me, revolved around Jake and Glen (the current fight in the forum was started by Glen and Jake, that backed up my conclusion). So for me, everything fits into that part, there's even a reason for Jake (again explained in my post).

Now if Jake didn't start the discussion at all and said something along the lines of "well, I remember something, which could be quite interesting for you guys" after the discussion arose, I'm truly sorry. Again, I don't do something like this lightheartly, but have tried to explain how I see the whole matter. On that ground, I hope you share that view, my accusation was, even if it can be proven wrong, founded.
"What's the wurst that can happen!!"

Rather inopportune tagline for the thread at the moment

X (@ed24f1)
I don't see what the point is with having a ghost account, what benefit does it bring?
Anyway one of the alleged pieces of evidence is that Glen wanted an Australian driver but Jason is driving for Snake?
xSilvermanx Wrote:
>
> Important paragraph: My point is: Jake has to be
> the one that has shared information with the
> GPGSL-board, as Glen had sent a PM which includes
> something problematic only to me and Jake. I
> didn't give that information away. Now think about
> the situation at Demon. Given Jake's departure to
> the end of the season he was demoted to Test
> Driver. Perfectly fine from Glen to do it, he's
> the boss after all. Jake has all reason to be
> unhappy.
> BUT for me this smells like foul. Maybe from Glen,
> but surely from Jake. That situation is enough to
> claim that Jake who is sitting in
> GPGSL-directors-board is not neutral in this
> subject. Because of this I formally protest
> against this decision and insist that the decision
> is taken back until after the season. It can be
> discussed when the season is over and it has to be
> but right now I can only see a revanche-foul by
> Jake responsible for this mess. The correct
> law-term in Germany would be "suspicion of bias",
> or bias petition. I claim Jake is biased. You'll
> have to seriously rethink on whether you can fully
> trust Jake's statements.
> It's not that I am outright distrusting Jake but I
> trust everyone to the same degree. I've already
> asked Glen some questions that I'm very interested
> in hearing an answer. Still the situation for me
> is like I described above.
>
> If you ignore what I've written right now then
> it's that you essentially say "Yes, you made some
> valid and true points". If you disagree, voice it
> loudly!

The only thing I can do is disagree with you.

What you insinuate is that after Glen didn't take my move to Snake too kindly, we somehow developed a large grudge on each other. What I can tell you is that we discussed the matter privately to ensure there was no bad blood between us. I accepted the demotion, I wanted to see Matt get a chance in the race seats anyway, so that worked for me. I also accepted Glen's decision to deny an early transfer to Snake; at first I was a bit disappointed, but as I said we smoothed it all out.

As John has said, other members within the GPGSL blew the whistle and pointed out the consistencies between the posts of Glen and "Jason". There were discussions amongst the board, and I remembered that I'd received a post from Glen stating his desire to use a "ghost" driver for whatever reason. Since I wanted to be completely transparent when dealing with such matters and didn't want to exert any bias at all (had I been biased FOR Glen, I'd have kept quiet, had I been biased against I'd probably have been a lot more vocal on it), I divulged in the detail of the message because I thought it would be relevant to the investigation and nothing more. I didn't want to see Glen removed, I thought asking for the removal of "Jason" was quite sufficient, since the rules forbid the use of ghost drivers and that the evidence against "Jason" was quite comprehensive.

I'm sorry if you feel like I was biased, because I can assure you I tried to be as fair and as objective as possible. I simply shared the information that I had and that was it; I didn't push the other members for harsh punishments, and I certainly didn't use anything that could be misleading.

The only thing that anybody wants is the truth, and that's it. Glen, please, if you're controlling two accounts I simply ask you just to come out and admit it. There will be no further issues or sanctions, and we can put this whole thing to bed and move on with the actual game. If not, then just send something to the GPGSL account that would allow "Jason" to continue. That's it.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Oh i love me some controversy :-D

I think the only mistake here is that it all went publuc before "proof" was given to the GPGSL or even an verdict was officialy put together.

As said by many others, this all is just a game. BUT this game has some certain very very logical rules and everybody should apply to those rules.
It shouldnt be too hard to proof that they are 2 different persons if they eeally are.

As long as no proof will be sent to the board and the board alone, this situation stinks and lets me tend to side with the GPGSL board on this matter.

However i`d like to publically ask everyone involved to discuss this further with pm`s untill everything is resolved one way or the other. Because this all can get very nasty if it carries on like this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
I would like to mention one thing that I've written but never meant to do. I used the word "foul" when writing. Now I didn't want to use that word in context with Jake, atleast not with the English meaning. I'd never call anyone "disgusting", the English meaning of that word. Just got the german word "foul" and got it into english without looking up what it actually means.
What I wanted to say was along the lines of the unfair action in football / soccer. "revanche-foul" would mean someone commits a foul and the other person gets him back later. That's what I wanted to say.
English as a foreign language strikes again. Really took the biscuit here, sorry.
xSilvermanx Schreef:
> I would like to mention one thing that I've
> written but never meant to do. I used the word
> "foul" when writing. Now I didn't want to use that
> word in context with Jake, atleast not with the
> English meaning. I'd never call anyone
> "disgusting", the English meaning of that word.
> Just got the german word "foul" and got it into
> english without looking up what it actually
> means.
> What I wanted to say was along the lines of the
> unfair action in football / soccer.
> "revanche-foul" would mean someone commits a foul
> and the other person gets him back later. That's
> what I wanted to say.
> English as a foreign language strikes again.
> Really took the biscuit here, sorry.

Totally unacceptable, where`s TheJudge?
I`d say send your racing license to Flensburg untill the end of the season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
I'm sure I speak on behalf of all the team bosses when I implore this Jason character to reveal himself to the GPGSL board.

This is an issue that should have been dealt with behind closed doors. For the good of the series, and the integrity of its rules, please deal with this matter via PM.

Until this matter is officially dealt with, I suggest Demon Racing waive its entry to the German GP, if only to avoid further chance of controversy.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I fully agree! As a driver a will not get mixed in this controversial discussion. I think it would have been best to deal with this via PM.

Now It's out in the open I will only share my opinion from my point of view as a driver in the GPGSL.

First of all: I think the evidence is clear enough to demand clarification, the rules are clear.

Second of all: If the GPGSL board for any obvious reason asks me to identify myself I will do this. This is a game and we should have nothing to hide.

I hope you guys can clear up the mess so we can get back racing. ;-) Good luck!

Ferrari2007 Schreef:
> I'm sure I speak on behalf of all the team bosses
> when I implore this Jason character to reveal
> himself to the GPGSL board.
>
> This is an issue that should have been dealt with
> behind closed doors. For the good of the series,
> and the integrity of its rules, please deal with
> this matter via PM.
>
> Until this matter is officially dealt with, I
> suggest Demon Racing waive its entry to the German
> GP, if only to avoid further chance of
> controversy.

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Good to have you back boss, hope you're feeling better.

I agree with the others who think it's best to deal with this through PM's, so we can get back to racing.

Ferrari2007 écrivait:
> [...]
> Until this matter is officially dealt with, I suggest
> Demon Racing waive its entry to the German GP,
> if only to avoid further chance of controversy.

Isn't it a bit too much asking that for what should be just a funny game ?

Rod_vs Wrote:
> Back here, after serious health problems! =/

Welcome back ! :)
There's to be no talk of Demon Racing being excluded from the series.
Running a ghost is considered by the GPGSL a serious offence, this is because the long standing members of the board are well aware of what happened to the WGP and the W300 when the running of ghosts was rife.
It led to the total collapse of the series, and we're not about to let anyone get away with it. Some might think it's a small thing, a storm in a tea cup, but it's the principle that's at stake here. Being lied to is something else, and we are all being lied to.
I'll say it again, someone needs to grow a pair and man up, or come forward with irrefutable evidence to the contrary of our argument. We wont hold our breath.
The GPGSL is unanimous, nothing is done without full consultation. Decisions are mulled over, and discussions take time. What the board does, is for the benefit of the series, to ensure that it runs well, albeit with additional much needed help on occasions from many of the participants. You know who you are and the GPGSL is grateful.
Having said that, the GPGSL is unanimous on it's decision to offer a full and unequivocable public apology if by some miracle the evidence is shown to be incorrect. Meanwhile, the team stands united.
This will blow over, it always does, and a bit of controversy adds some excitement. We'll just move on and race at Hockenheim, as we should. The last couple of races could bring the championship down to the wire.
Meanwhile, nothing else will happen, we're all pretty sure of that. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I only suggest it to stop further issues. Because if a Demon goes and wins in Germany then that is only going to promote more needless bickering.

I get your point but that's not a Demon's issue, that's a Jason's controversy. So why should we penalize Demon even if Glen is at the inception of all that ?

Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> I only suggest it to stop further issues. Because
> if a Demon goes and wins in Germany then that is
> only going to promote more needless bickering.

Demon's on-track performance has nothing to do with whether Glen's running a ghost account or not, though I'll admit to such an event being strange as we have no team boost for this event ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Yeah, stopping Demon from racing only screws over Matt and Seb, who have done nothing wrong.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Exactly. There is no talk of demonizing Demon Racing. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I see what you did there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy