GPGSL S9 R17 - British GP - Silverstone - Beware of exploding TNRs! [RACE ON-LINE!!!! P62 & 63!!!!][Deadline sending cars & helmets for S10: 1st of March 2015]

Posted by GPGSL 
Whoa, what's with the screaming! We're all a community of online friends, so please, I beg you as just a common member, chill.

I believe both have a point. While the Governing Body (apparently) has evidence against Glen, I feel it's unfair just to cross out someone. As Glen said, it is perfectly possible for two people to use the same PC, therefore sharing IP, location, and all sorts of trackable things. It is not that simple to prove, I fear.

However, neither Glen nor Jason had provided simple proof of the identity of the owner of the JasonS26 account. It's not necessary to show IDs or passports or birth certificates! I mean we're not even iRacing! There's no money involved or anything, it's a fun league and I joined (and I bet most of us did) because of that.

To me, a simple pic or short clip will do. It doesn't even have to be posted here, Glen or Jason can PM it to Mal or whoever. If not, then we'll have to double check all owners, see if they are running ghost drivers. I, for one, am quite real.

Two cents have been added. Divided we fall.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
All the evidence points to a ghost account. The onus to prove otherwise rests with Jason. Until that actually happens an element of suspicion remains, and will continue to do so.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Jo-Anne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Come on guys, thats not fair comments. I have been
> away, I have a life and health issues to deal with
> as well. Just returned home, ask Chester my dog,
> he will tell you, we have been busy

So, i am apparently a ghost driver.
Yet, i remember my team mate having HUGE issues with being absent.
No questions asked.
Or, where they.....seems mortal was able to vouch for her by adding a smiley emoticon. End of story.

Me on the other hand, OUT. No questions to me. just a firing squad.
All because my name shares the first name of his son? Flimsy lightweight evidence that is
Yep, that is great rationale....Kick me out if you think that overwhelming proof is enough!
Shep gets dragged through the mud. Real good of you all.
I dont care.....
See ya. Enjoy....
You can carry on all you like, until you come up with bona-fides the evidence is overwhelmingly against you. Your call. This was brought to the attention of the GPGSL by participants of the series, apparently they have suspected this for some time. So, realistically, until you prove otherwise you will unfortunately remain under a cloud of suspicion, which is not a good thing. There are two outcomes available, admit the use of a ghost account and we drop the matter, or prove otherwise. Cries of foul don't cut it under the circumstance. It's only a game, we're all well aware of that fact, however we all trust each other to be fair and sportsman like. Attempts to take us for fools is unwise not very sporting.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2014 07:20AM by mortal.
mortal Wrote:

It's only a game, we're all well
> aware of that fact, however we all trust each
> other to be fair and sportsman like. Attempts to
> take us for fools is unwise not very sporting.

What a pity GPGSL doesnt appear to be a 2 way street in those things....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Allington to leave Demon for Season 10

Matthew Allington has today confirmed the fact that, contrary to earlier reports, he will NOT be resuming his role of test driver at Demon Racing into Season 10.

Allington had the following to say: "It is with regret that I have decided to break my agreement with Demon Racing regarding Season 10, but given the current situation, I feel that this is the best course of action for me to secure my own future in the GPGSL."

A spokesman added: "Matthew is now looking for another team to take on his services for Season 10 - all offers would be greatly appreciated."

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
I would like to confirm that I still intend to drive for Demon next season. As long as Demon is racing next season, I'll be there.
Rod_vs Wrote:
> Back here, after serious health problems! =/

Nice to have you back, Rod :)

Shame this good news got lost within the mess that is much of the last 2 pages.. :/

GPGSL -
jasonS26 Wrote:
> So, i am apparently a ghost driver.
> Yet, i remember my team mate having HUGE issues
> with being absent.
> No questions asked.
> Or, where they.....seems mortal was able to vouch
> for her by adding a smiley emoticon. End of
> story.
>
> Me on the other hand, OUT. No questions to me.
> just a firing squad.
> All because my name shares the first name of his
> son? Flimsy lightweight evidence that is
> Yep, that is great rationale....Kick me out if you
> think that overwhelming proof is enough!
> Shep gets dragged through the mud. Real good of
> you all.
> I dont care.....
> See ya. Enjoy....

Evidence in addition to what Mal's already posted:

- You type in exactly the same way. Random capitalised words, excessive use of ellipses, you get the picture.

- Before Matt Allington joined Demon, you postulated the idea of using a ghost driver if you couldn't find anyone. Jason Mathew then suddenly came looking for a Demon seat; he was the first one to offer. Matt then offered and got the seat immediately. If Jason Mathew isn't a ghost driver, why didn't you offer the seat first-come-first-served?

- There have been a number of messages addressing their concern. There's no smoke without fire after all.

It's quite simple. You can take a photo together saying "I'm Glen, this is Jason" etc. Or you can just drop the facade, admit the truth and then we can all move on with our lives and forget this whole ordeal ever existed. It's your choice.

Mullet345 Wrote:
> I don't get what is going on, but is the decision
> to remove Jason Mathew from the GPGSL going to
> affect the current perfs for the upcoming race?

Presumably; I believe I have the GPGSL's blessing to join Snake early and help them out.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Yes Jake, you have the blessing of the GPGSL to join Snake early in this case. As far as Mathew Allington is concerned, however, he has to face breech-of-contract consequences if he does the announced move, since I understood it that he and Demon have a valid contract for next season. Hence he will face a perf penalty for next season, as per the rules.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
It is my belief that Glen agreed the termination of the contract with me before I posted the announcement, even if it sounded otherwise by my wording - I'll send evidence ASAP. Nonetheless if it is still decided that I'm to have a perf penalty then so be it, I'll accept it.

GPGSL -
In this case there won't be a penalty, of course. But your wording indeed suggested that this happened without Glen's agreement.

@#$%&. Fan.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I am planning to stay with Demon for S10 as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't it a bit strange that the one who made it public was Glen? Instead of admitting that the accusation is correct (internally!) and posting a "I can't play any longer. Goodbye" with JasonS26 he went vocal. This is something to consider when dealing with that issue.

mortal wrote:
------------------------------------------------
> There is NO real proof that Jason 26 exists. Given the inescapable fact that Glen has a son named Jason Mathew, born on the 26th, the coincidence is albeit too good to be true. Jason can easily prove his existence by posting his birth certificate to the GPGSL. Or a copy of his drivers
> licence or a passport. Otherwise the boards decision will stand. Personally, I would like to see some actual proof, and I'm sure the others here would like to see it as well. Right now the situation is you have chosen an easy out. You give us nothing. I rest my case. Give us proof and
> the GPGSL will be only too happy to make a public retraction. Talk of mowing lawns, sunshine and beers doesn't cut it Glen.

This statement taken by itself is plain wrong. Innocent until proven guilty. However as I'll explain further there IS some indications (=|= evidence / proof! I know what these indications are, I've read them myself) that one can assume JasonS26 = shep34 . So the statement does make sence. I am opposing the idea of having to proof one's identity though. Because who the hell is Matteo Scala? Or is it Paolo Tafuro? We can't know for sure if there isn't another person that has two accounts (for whatever reason). Proxy servers make it very easy to feign identities online. We can't make anyone give out his ID. Also I'm thinking about a name change right now (for the game-character of course). I will never ever give out my identity card anywhere in the internet.

The point made by GPGSL (until Jake's last post) is mainly the shared IP-adress (although they had other indications). That one was made clear by Glen and Jason when the latter joined GPGSL, something I remember quite clear (won't search for a quote right now). So it may not be held against Glen and Jason right now because it was accepted by not saying anything. Getting nearer to Jake's last post.

JasonS26 Wrote:
>
> Jo-Anne Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
>> Come on guys, thats not fair comments. I have been
>> away, I have a life and health issues to deal with
>> as well. Just returned home, ask Chester my dog,
>> he will tell you, we have been busy
>
> So, i am apparently a ghost driver.
> Yet, i remember my team mate having HUGE issues with being absent.
> No questions asked.
> Or, where they.....seems mortal was able to vouch for her by adding a smiley emoticon. End of story.

If I this remember correctly, this happened when Jo-Anne failed an activity check, but later posted why she had failed to post (crashed computer). No penalty was handed out, completely correct according to the rules as I had explained in detail (not necessary anymore at that point but still). If it's a different subject then Jason has a point though. Not too sure on that.

Incident 2k9 wrote:
----------------------------------------------------
> Evidence in addition to what Mal's already posted:
>
> - You type in exactly the same way. Random capitalised words, excessive use of ellipses, you get the picture.
>
> - Before Matt Allington joined Demon, you postulated the idea of using a ghost driver if you couldn't find anyone. Jason Mathew then suddenly came looking for a Demon seat; he was the first one to offer. Matt then offered and got the seat immediately. If Jason Mathew isn't a ghost > driver, why didn't you offer the seat first-come-first-served?
>
> - There have been a number of messages addressing their concern. There's no smoke without fire after all.
>
> It's quite simple. You can take a photo together saying "I'm Glen, this is Jason" etc. Or you can just drop the facade, admit the truth and then we can all move on with our lives and forget this whole ordeal ever existed. It's your choice.

First point: May be a local dialect, I don't know. Many coincidences.
Second point: Have that PM in my inbox. I'm not too sure on the circumstances of Matt's join but something (which I'll not share until I have sorted everything out with Glen) is there.

Important paragraph: My point is: Jake has to be the one that has shared information with the GPGSL-board, as Glen had sent a PM which includes something problematic only to me and Jake. I didn't give that information away. Now think about the situation at Demon. Given Jake's departure to the end of the season he was demoted to Test Driver. Perfectly fine from Glen to do it, he's the boss after all. Jake has all reason to be unhappy.
BUT for me this smells like foul. Maybe from Glen, but surely from Jake. That situation is enough to claim that Jake who is sitting in GPGSL-directors-board is not neutral in this subject. Because of this I formally protest against this decision and insist that the decision is taken back until after the season. It can be discussed when the season is over and it has to be but right now I can only see a revanche-foul by Jake responsible for this mess. The correct law-term in Germany would be "suspicion of bias", or bias petition. I claim Jake is biased. You'll have to seriously rethink on whether you can fully trust Jake's statements.
It's not that I am outright distrusting Jake but I trust everyone to the same degree. I've already asked Glen some questions that I'm very interested in hearing an answer. Still the situation for me is like I described above.

If you ignore what I've written right now then it's that you essentially say "Yes, you made some valid and true points". If you disagree, voice it loudly!

Greetings
Sebastian
Perf penalty or not, I think I made a good decision to run away from this mess! :-O

GPGSL -
Seb, with all true respect, but you are not a single bit better than the board was. Now you make conclusions based on deductions without having a proper background information. Even less of it, in fact, than the board had when it had to decide about the Glen/Jason matter. It's not helping to give the Jackass card from one player to the next and so on. I'm not saying that it was perfect how things went there. But a decision was made and it will stick, I guess. Only for the record, I personally agree that it's surreal to ask for an ID in a game like this.

Anyway, to make you feel better, Seb, I can easily and wholeheartedly state hereby that Jake was not playing foul at all and that he was not the one misusing his position as board member, nor the one who started the discussion about the Glen/Jason matter. It was started by more than one person, who aren't the least involved in the Jake/Glen/Demon quarrel. Jake only came up with this information AFTER the investigation had already started. Hence your deductions are simply and plainly wrong. And so, even if you want to claim Jake biased, the board consists of 6 other people, too, who all were on the same line.

And Mat, like I wrote before, you won't get a perf penalty since Glen agreed to you leaving.

EDIT: Beat me to it, John! ;)

Thanks for clearing the perf penalty :)

GPGSL -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2014 02:28PM by smoglessbutton4.
wow.....i wasnt expecting to read something like this when i logged on to see what´s happend since yesterday....

i swear, i am who i am, Michael Pedersen, a fluffy dane living in Sweden atm =P I belive atleast Rico can vouch for it :)

Anyway, of to get me some popcorn and see what comes out of this mess....

remember folks, its just a game, not life or death :)

or is all this just a part of the game?!
Whoa there seems to be a big mess right now :0 there isn't much more to say, I just guess that no other season since I've joined saw so much controversy and suspect towards some members.

P.s. Paolo Tafuro? Seriously? I made it clear 5 years ago that the name was fictional.

My GPGSL Career
It might well be considered surreal to ask for an ID, however this is an extra-ordinary event, and if Jason26 can prove he exists then he should do so to the GPGSL, and by doing so he lets Glen off the hook metaphorically. This is by far the easiest and simplest method to close the subject, instead of making a lot of noise in an attempt to make the board members look bad when we all know that is not the case.

OK OK it's just a game, but there seems to be a lack of sportsmanship with this incident. Someone needs to man up and grow a pair, and it's not the GPGSL.
There's a shed load of evidence, and it needs proper refuting. Running a ghost account is a clear breach of the rules, more importantly, it takes a place that someone could have. That to me, is more the issue here. To create someone out of thin-air to fill a vacancy is just plain wrong.
The GPGSL has fought long and hard to prevent ghost teams and drivers to ensure full participation, which is what it's all about. Real people taking part in what has taken us a long time to get where we are today. Those of you who took part in the WGP and the W300 know exactly where I'm coming from here.
We are not out to GET anyone, nor are we about to evict a team owner and a team. I'd like to see everyone get the truth.

So Jason, if you are reading this, come forward. Only you can let Glen off the hook so to speak. It's not about wether you exist or not, it's about was there a ghost account? The GPGSL is already prepared to issue a public retraction and an apology if it is satisfied that there was not a ghost account being used.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy