GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And there's my annual Melbourne retirement.
>
> *sigh*

Not good.... Not good at all. So sorry, on behalf of the team...

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Disappointing qualifying but we wouldn't expect to be able to bounce back from last season immediately.

The race is not going terribly, as long as we keep the racing clean among Tobi and Ruben!

Bleh. Horrible start. Now time for me to go storming up the positions and regain my place up where I was (I wish)

GPGSL Rd 1 Australian GP - Season Opener - Race Day

Part 2

Welcome back to the coverage.

Van Renselaar still remains in front of Sevastian.

While at the rear of the field, C.Warrington is really hanging on to the back of Edward’s TNR.

A few corners later, he goes for a passing attempt on the inside.

But no, he has a small lockup and appears to have hit the rear of Edwards.

There was definitely contact between the two cars.

C.Warrington manages to keep on the track.

While Edwards has to go through the sand to get back on the track.

At least he is able to rejoin the track.

It still looks close between the top 3 cars.

Van Renselaar is still hanging onto 4th, but it looks like Sevastian has gained ground on the One driver.

Meanwhile, Somogyi has been slowly catching up to the back of Pedersen.

He has a look up the inside of Pedersen.

But Pedersen succeeds in defending his position.

While Pedersen and Somogyi have been battling each other, Steer has been slowly catching up to them.

At the rear of the field, Moinet is trying his best to keep up with the two car of shames ahead of him.

Here are the current standings.

The pitstops get underway, as Maverick is the first man in for his stop.

His teammate, meanwhile, is still keeping up with Van Renselaar.

Somogyi is trying again to get past Pedersen.

And this time, he manages to get the move done. Which now leaves Pedersen in the clutches of Steer.

Maverick rejoins the track in 14th.

As Maverick focuses on defending his position from the JHR behind him, C.Warrington takes to the pits for his stop.

McCarthy has a look up the inside of Maverick.

But as he wasn’t close enough to get by, Maverick was able to hold his position.

C.Warrington rejoins in 20th after taking his stop.

Sevastian takes to the pits for his stop from 4th.

Greenhalgh is keeping as close as he can to the back of Steer. If he can get closer, he may be able to get by the Snake.

As Horvath takes to the pits, Maverick is still holding McCarthy behind him.

Sevastian rejoins in 15th, but he’ll soon be under pressure from Moinet.

Moinet is now right behind Sevastian. It seems that both AMR’s and JHR’s are now in battle with each other.

J.Warrington has locked up his brakes.

At least he is able to keep the track on the track.

Horvath rejoins in 19th after taking his stop.

Cartwright heads into the pits for his stop.

The standings show that Sevastian has been passed by Moinet.

Next into the pits for his stop is Somogyi.

As Steer chases down Pedersen, Greenhalgh heads into the pits for his stop.

As Cartwright exits the pits to rejoin the track, the pitlane is starting to get busy.

He rejoins in 12th.

While Somogyi rejoins in 14th as Edwards takes his stop.

Greenhalgh rejoins in 15th, but Sevastian and the car of shame behind him will be looking for a chance to get by the MPR.

We have a replay in, showing just what happened to Sevastian that caused him to lose a position a while back. Moinet had locked up.

And ended up hitting the rear of Sevastian’s AMR. Moinet just managed to stay on the track.

While Sevastian had to go through the sand to be able to rejoin the track.

Back to the action, and Greenhalgh has been able to hold the AMR behind him.

Scala heads into the pits for his stop.

Van Renselaar is in as well.

Scala rejoins in 7th, as Kederer heads into the pits.

While Van Renselaar rejoins in 10th.

Kederer rejoins in 14th, but will need to watch out for the cars behind him.

Greenhalgh managed to get in front of Kederer. Meanwhile, Sevastian has locked up his brakes.

Which leaves the AMR driver out wide and into the sand.

At least he is able to make it back onto the track.

At the front, Gilson is now in the pits for his stop.

In fact, it appears that positions 2 to 6 have also all pitted. The pitlane has just gotten very busy.

Jalving has kept his place ahead of Steer as he exits the pits.

This may end up being a bad situation for any of these drivers.

Pedersen has managed to hold his position after returning to the track from his pitstop.

It looks like Moinet has got a lot on his hands right now, as he focuses on defending his position from the cars behind.

Here are the standings as they look so far.

McCarthy heads in for his stop from what was a top 5 position.

4 seconds is the current difference between Gilson and Scala.

J.Warrington is the last driver to take his stop.

McCarthy rejoined in 14th, but Sevastian looks close enough to take that position away from the JHR driver.

Sevastian succeeds in getting by McCarthy.

Now that all drivers have pitted, let’s take a look at the current standings.

Cartwright will not let Van Renselaar get too far away from him in the battle for 4th.

As for Rodriguez, he currently sits in 10th.

J.Warrington is looking quite lonely at the back of the field. He trails Edwards by 8 seconds.

Maverick is looking good at the moment, as he currently sits in 3rd.

Somogyi has a tough job on his hand should he wish to catch up to Jalving.

Greidanus currently sits inside the top 10.

While Moinet sits in 16th, one position short of a top 15 result.

There’s still more action to follow, but we must take yet another break. Don’t go anywhere.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
GPGSL Rd 1 Australian GP - Season Opener - Race Day

Part 3

We are back once again for the final part of the coverage.

J.Warrington isn’t having a good day. He sits in last place, and trails Edwards by 7.8s.

Gilson is still the race leader, and his lead is now out to 5 seconds.

The battle for 4th is still on, even if it appears that Cartwright has lost ground on Van Renselaar.

The VSM Mitsubishi is quite a beauty.

Jalving won’t need to worry about anyone causing him problems anytime soon, as he has a 2 second advantage over Somogyi.

If anything, Somogyi will need to worry about keeping Steer behind him as it appears that the Snake is slowly catching him.

Moinet is still ahead of C.Warrington, while behind them Horvath is doing his best to stay within striking distance.

On lap 20 now, so let’s have a look at the current standings.

Maverick is still currently running in 3rd position.

While behind him, the battle between Van Renselaar and Cartwright is not over yet. Cartwright can still possibly take 4th away from Van Renselaar.

Somogyi still has the edge over Steer, but the Snake is still close enough to strike should the Demon driver make a mistake.

Greidanus is currently inside the top 10, and is on course to score Shadow’s first points for the season. But only if he can stay where he is.

Greenhalgh sits in 12th, which is the final scoring position. Kederer still has a chance to make it into the points if he can get a little bit closer to the MPR.

While Scala is enjoying being inside the top 3, C.Warrington has to cope with being down the order. At least he is closing in on Moinet’s JHR.

We have 5 laps left in this race to go.

Maverick’s 3rd position is looking safe, as Van Renselaar is 4 seconds behind the AMR.

Rodriguez sits in 10th position, a full 12 positions ahead of where he started. That is quite impressive.

4 laps left to go now, so let’s look at the current standings.

And also how the top 10 have moved since the start.

3 Laps left to go.

It’s been a tough race for both JHR drivers, but that can usually be expected when it’s the first race for a brand new team.

This seems to be the only battle that is worth taking note of. The gap now is 0.5s between Van Renselaar and Cartwright.

2 Laps left to go.

Cartwright looks to have gotten a bit closer to the back of Van Renselaar.

Horvath will no doubt be frustrated. The race hasn’t gone the way he was hoping it would go. Whether it’s due to the car of shame, or just bad luck, remains to be seen. He’ll be hoping TNR’s Season 9 challenger is ready in time for the next round.

And his teammate would be thinking the same thing.

Finally, after 25 laps we are now down to the final lap.

Cartwright will not stop in his quest to get by the One, but Van Renselaar is doing all he can to stay in front.

Pedersen has been doing the best he can manage to stay in front of Greenhalgh, and it looks like it will work out in the end.

Gilson has been unstoppable all race. He took the lead from Scala on lap 1, and even during the stops he managed to keep the lead.

He enters the last corner for the final time.

And takes the chequered flag to win the Australian GP.

Scala finishes 2nd, but would be feeling slightly annoyed that he lost the race lead on lap 1.

And Maverick finishes 3rd.

Van Renselaar has managed to hold onto his position, and finishes 4th. Cartwright gave it his all, but just couldn’t make it and has to settle for 5th.

We have witnessed a race to remember for quite some time. Even though Scala managed to take pole position in qualifying, it was a different story altogether in the race. Once Gilson took the lead, he never looked back, even during the pitstops. The biggest surprise was Greenhalgh, who only just managed to hang on to the last points position. Everyone was expecting him to continue where he left off from last season, but it wasn’t to be this time round. So once again, congratulations to Joseph Gilson and SCR, winners of the Australian GP for the second time in a row. We hope you enjoyed the coverage, and we’ll see you all next time when the GPGSL heads to Japan and the Suzuka Raceway for Rd 2. This is GPGTV.Org/Farked signing out. Goodbye.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Brilliant coverage, and a fantastic result for SCR. Well done chaps. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Official Results Round 1 Australian Grand Prix

Fastest Laps

Scoring points is the aim in the first race and we succeeded. Solid job - now the hard work begins

Great, 13th -.-

Didn't expect anything else as I pretty much always suck when Greg runs a race ;)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Good result for Zsigmond, not good for Jake. Better overall than last time out here in Melbourne last season, so I guess we can call this progress for the team!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Well I guess the fastest lap partly makes up for that.

I must have gone off somewhere to finish up last

Sincerely I had a fear that I would have retired ;) Congrats to Joseph, he truly deserved it. It was hard to pass Maverick. Chris obtained the fastest lap, me the 3rd. I guess this weekend was damn close to perfect

P.S. To the Governing body: I'm available to RD one race in the future. I just need to set up my GP4.

My GPGSL Career

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2013 12:08PM by senna9194.
Yeah we are first! .... oh wait ... retiring isn't good :/

We are sorry the car let Dominic down, he could've been in for a good result. On the other hand Connor drove one hell of a race! We can only hope for improvement towards the next one!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Starting from 18th to finish 9th is quite brilliant, isn't it?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Ya see, when we were both starting out at Tafuro they gave Joe all the Melbourne luck...I kid, but two Melbourne victories in a row isn't something to be sneezed at. Congrats!

As for the team, it's good to see Zsigmond have a nice result to get some points on the board.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Well that isn't too shabby at all! Was hoping to grab some places and slide into the points, 8th is a lot more than what I expected though! Cracking stop from the guys gained me a few places, and with a few more laps I maybe could have caught Somogyi ahead of me. Didn't want to go too nuts in the first race especially after Dominics retirement, points on the board is the important thing. Sorry to see Dominic at the side of the track rather than fighting his way through with me but I'm sure next time round he'll pick himself up!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
It seems our pitstops left alot to be desired, leaving both drivers in difficult situations, Andrei more so than John, what with Moinet's over exuberance. Still, well done to JM for his well deserved podium and better luck in Japan for AS.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Congratulations, Stefan and Carlos. Great race!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Good race for the both of us, the podium was just out of reach, but 4th and 10th is a great result for the first race of the season

Thanks to all who worked hard on getting the season going (Y)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy