GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Congratulations Joseph.

The whole weekend was a disaster for me. Now let's jump into the plane and fly to Tokyo. A tasty sushi is waiting for me. ;)

First podium: S8 Australian GP - 3rd at Testers sprint race
Round 1 - Australia - Official Results Tables

Round 1 - Australia - Official Standings Tables

Round 1 - Australia - GPGCL

Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Starting from 18th to finish 9th is quite
> brilliant, isn't it?

As good as starting last and ending up 10th :-) hehe

The car was awesome, just like last season I managed to overtake quite a bunch of people. Hope it stays like this for the rest of the season!

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Turbo Lover schrieb:
> Starting from 18th to finish 9th is quite
> brilliant, isn't it?

It is. If only I too had gained 9 places instead of losing 1 ;)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Relatively please with that. Of course I would have liked to maybe sneak a point or two but Eric was able to make up some places, albeit with some rather cheeky tactics, and we got both cars to the finish. Certainly room for improvement however.

Hoping for more in Japan though! :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Boost Announcement

Applications for team and driver boosts for round 2, Japanese Grand Prix, Suzuka are now open. The closing date is 8pm GMT Friday 3rd January 2014. For team boost please use the subject "Team Boost - (team's name) - Suzuka". For drivers boost "Driver Boost - (driver's name) - Suzuka". Boost Applications must be sent to the GPGSL.

SEASON 8 Race Calendar

The GPGSL reserves the right to change venues for S9

Round 1: Australian GP - Albert Park - Winner: Joseph Gilson - Southern Cross Racing
Round 2: Japanese GP - Suzuka - 19% - 10 AI Errors
Round 3: Malaysian GP - Sepang - 50% - 40 AI Errors
Round 4: South African GP - Kyalami (Classic Layout)‎ - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 5: Spanish GP - Jerez‎ - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 6: French GP - Dijon-Prenois‎ - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 7: Canadian GP - Montreal - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 8: US GP - Road America - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 9: Brazilian GP - Interlagos - 25% - 40 AI Errors
Round 10: Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps - 75% - 40 AI Errors
Round 11: European GP - Donington Park - 75% - 40 AI Errors
Round 12: Dutch GP - Zandvoort - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 13: Italian GP - Monza - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 14: Austrian GP - A1-Ring - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 15: Czech GP - Brno - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 16: German GP - Hockenheim (Classic Layout) - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 17: British GP - Great Britain - 50% - 40 AI Errors

No points for me, nor the team...
Just noticed that we're 2nd in the constructors, a definite good race for us then. Let's carry that over to Japan.

Activity checks are now on, if you're going to be away, you know what to do. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Pity that I couldn't hold 2nd position. But 3rd is a solid start into the season. The first podium should hopefully give me a momentum. Even bigger pity, however, that Andrei made these mistakes. But he has proven his pace at the start of the race and I'm sure he'll challenge me over the season, especially when he gains more experience over the course of the season.

Congrats to Joseph Gilson to a very impressive and fully deserved win.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
mortal Wrote:
> Activity checks are now on, if you're going to be
> away, you know what to do. :-)

Dance a merry jig? Sing a song? ;)

Anyway, solid effort from the lads in the race team - Tobi was unlucky not to get into the points, but all in all a solid start. Let's get up the table as soon as we can.

Also, plaudits to Tobi for the results - I'd seen a rough version of the tables last season but they look even more sleek now they're in official usage :)

The results tables look really good. But there is only 1 problem. Scuderia Minardi needs to be VSM Mitsubishi.

As for my progress in the tester's race, I'm happy that I managed to make up a few positions, but not happy that I couldn't make it into the points. And to my race teammates, well done on bringing home 1st and 5th. Hopefully both of you will be able to keep this up over the course of the season.

Let's hope that TNR can get their livery in before the start of the next round. I don't think anyone would want to see the car of shame again.

should I took a Boost or not?

GPGSL Test Debut: Melbourne, S9 | GPGSL Race Debut: Sepang, S9
First Pole: Australia/Melbourne, Season 9
First Race Won: Australia/Melbourne, Season 9
mortal Wrote:
> Activity checks are now on, if you're going to be
> away, you know what to do. :-)

Am I still doing them, or have you given it to somebody else to do?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
so off Melbourne we go, to Suzuka we head. Been mixed results for us, pace seems ok, now we (and with "we" I mean "I";) need to stop doing stupid mistakes and the like. So Suzuka is the right place to stop those mistakes, one is enough and you end in the barrier because of how tricky the track is. Still it's a great venue, so let's hope the Demons can shine.
Great looking tables Tobi! Any chance I could get a rough template or something?

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Mmmm not the best race for MPR! I lost out in the start, managed to get some good pace but the car was just not fast enough. We hoped to be fighting for the top positions here, but we both finished inside the points so could be worse. 6th place for me, is some good points. Now the focus is 100% on Suzuka, I love the track so it will be fun for sure :-)

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
This is NOT to be taken as a complaint or whinge, but for a rookie to get pole and race win in the test drivers event, is pretty bizarre! Just demonstrates the randomness of GP4, and the anomalies that an be thrown up. There're drivers in the testers field with much better perks, same wi their cars, yet a rookie knocks them all off! Fun times ahead....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
interesting race and a brilliant coverage. i enjoyed it a lot (Y)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
kedy89 Wrote:
> Turbo Lover schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Starting from 18th to finish 9th is quite
> > brilliant, isn't it?
>
>
> It is. If only I too had gained 9 places instead
> of losing 1 ;)

I believe Ruben had a more successful pit strategy than yourself in this race. Our apologies for this! I agree you should have gone forwards rather than backwards however!!!

I echo Dean's comments re the tables though, the design is awesome (even if the names could be in a more favourable order for TSM)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy