GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Sorry for the absence, internet's not 100% properly on yet. Merry christmas all! Hope you had a wonderful time with your beloved ones.

About the race, well it wasn't what we wanted. But remember we started among the midfield last season and ended as runner ups. Let's keep positive fellas!

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
GPGSL Rd 1 Australian GP – Season Opener – Qualifying

Welcome back everyone. We are now ready for the qualifying session that will determine the grid for tomorrow’s race. Last season, we had 1 lap qualifying. For this season, we have 2 lap qualifying. The way this works will see 11 cars out on the track as they go about setting the best time possible. Each driver will have two flying laps to try and set the best time they can manage, and the session will last for 30 minutes. So let’s see how the new format goes, as we find out who our pole sitter will be.

Weather Report: Sunny

First out is Connor Steer.

Followed by Michael Pedersen, who has moved to MAC Racing for this season.

Gareth McCarthy has moved into a race seat for this season. He will be racing for JHR.

Season 8 test champion, Andrei Sevastian, has moved up into a race seat as well. He hopes for good things to come his way as AMR’s second driver.

Defending series champion, Ed Greenhalgh, made the decision to leave AMR at the end of last season. Let’s see how he will go now that he is driving for MPR.

Former champion, John Warrington, has signed with MAC Racing for season 9.

Steer sets the fastest time first.

Pedersen then sets the fastest time, only to lose it as Jalving goes quicker.

McCarthy sets a decent lap that sees him go 3rd fastest.

While Sevastian shows how fast AMR can be by going 2nd fastest.

Greenhalgh can only manage to set a time that is 5th fastest.

Ross Cartwright goes faster than Sevastian.

One’s Carlos Rodriguez only manages to go 8th fastest.

Jake Legge puts in a laptime that manages to go faster than Greenhalgh.

Only to drop down to 6th as J.Warrington goes faster.

Joseph Gilson puts in a really fast time to move up into provisional pole. Great driving from the SCR driver.

Now that the first 11 drivers have set a laptime, here are the current standings.

Owen Edwards is first out onto the track as the second lot of drivers now head out for their first run.

Eric Moinet had a decent season as a test driver during season 8. This season, he has moved up into a race seat with JHR.

Matteo Scala is one driver you should never count out. He pulled off some fantastic performances last season with VSM, and he’ll be hoping to do the same this season.

Edwards crosses the line, and only goes 5th fastest.

Stefen Van Renselaar shows that the performances of One Racing last season were no fluke, as he goes 2nd fastest.

Chris Warrington in his VSM makes it into the top 10 with his laptime.

While Norbert Horvath only just misses out on making the top 10.

Dominic Brunner would feel slightly disappointed that his laptime was only good enough for 13th.

Both Shadows are close to each other. First across the line is Tobias Kederer with a laptime that is 11th fastest.

While Ruben Greidanus makes it into the top 10 with the 8th fastest time.

John Maverick makes it into the top 5.

20th is not where Moinet would like to be.

The same could be said for Scala, who only manages to go 19th fastest.

Zsigmond Somogyi isn’t able to match his teammate’s time, as his laptime leaves him in 18th.

All 22 drivers have now set their first laptime, so let’s see how the standings look so far.

Rodriguez currently sits in 22nd. He’ll be hoping for a much better laptime this time around.

Greenhalgh would also be hoping for a better laptime. As defending champion, being in 17th is something he isn’t used to.

Gilson is still our provisional pole sitter. Will he be able to hold on to his position?

And with Cartwright currently holding onto 4th, this qualifying session is looking good so far for SCR.

Greenhalgh improves up to 5th, but is bumped down a position as Pedersen takes 5th.

Steer manages to put his Snake inside the top 10 as he improves up to 9th.

J.Warrington improves his position with a laptime that is fast enough for 13th.

While Sevastian puts in a good lap to improve up to 4th.

The first group of 11 drivers have now finished both of their laps, so let’s take a look at the current standings.

Greidanus is the first driver out as the second group of drivers now come out for their second lap.

C.Warrington manages to improve up to 8th.

While Edwards and Horvath improve themselves up to 10th and 13th.

Moinet tried his best to set a decent laptime, but in the end it is only good enough to improve up to 19th.

Somogyi, on the other hand, improves himself up to 6th. Looks like at least one Demon will be inside the top 10.

Kederer just misses out on making the top 10.

Brunner was hoping for a better laptime that could’ve improved his position much higher than 15th.

As for Scala, he manages to improve… wait a minute, he manages to go quicker than Gilson. Provisional pole position now belongs to Scala. Great lap by the VSM driver.

Maverick is the last driver across the line, and he manages to improve up to 4th.

Everyone has now finished their laps, so here are the final standings.

What a session we just witnessed. This new 2 lap format will definitely throw up surprises at each race we go to this season. At first, it was looking more than likely that Gilson was going to be our pole sitter, only for Scala to set a lap out of nowhere to steal pole position. So, congratulations to Matteo Scala and VSM, our pole sitter for the Australian GP. Join us tomorrow where we will see who the winner of the opening round will be. Until tomorrow, it’s goodbye for now.

Stay Tuned For The Official Results.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Round 1 Qualifying Official Results - Albert Park - Melbourne - Australian Grand Prix

Almost had it there Joseph! Nice result for SCR. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Another dreadful season?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Turbo Lover schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another dreadful season?

I don't hope so.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Good stuff from Scala, disappointed to miss out on the top 10 though.

Not an ideal start but still a solid position to hopefully open my account with some good points.

X (@ed24f1)
Owen Edwards @oensan 16m
13th isn't a great start to the season, especially considering our performance here last year. Let's hope for the best tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
That was terrible...that said, considering I've never gone well here it's probably no surprise. Credit to Zsigmond, he made it count on the second run...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Hmm 14th isn't a fantastic way to start the season really. Not terrible by any means but I'm definitely hoping to do one of my legendary drive's through the field to pull out a good result. Dominic may be able to follow just behind me.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Fifth and tenth will do. Leaves us in a good opportunity to collect some decent points.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
9th and 19th

GPGSL Test Debut: Melbourne, S9 | GPGSL Race Debut: Sepang, S9
First Pole: Australia/Melbourne, Season 9
First Race Won: Australia/Melbourne, Season 9

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2013 01:41PM by knacki012.
After a promising free practice a dissapointing result in qualify, haven't we encountered that many times before ....
Let's just hope it'll go good in the race

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Fortunately I was able to put a good lap in with my second run, otherwise it would have become a difficult race. 4th is a solid start into the season now and leaves the chance for a podium if I can avoid the gravel and trouble at the start. Also a great lap from Andrei to snatch 6th. And congrats to Matteo for pole position.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Can't find the good setup, we are even going backwards it seems to be...
What the hell?? Did I accidentally got the engine of an Audi A1?? Oh damn... at least Stefan saved the team's pride...

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Not a very good start for me, but we are a new team and we have to learn everything.

4th and 6th is a whole lot better than the 21st and 22nd we had here last season with one lap qualy. Well done guys :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Poor qualifying for me but I'm just glad to be back racing again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy