GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Cheers Greg.

As Mal has sort of said, there's no rush, so having them strung out over the Christmas period would actually be pretty cool.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Regarding activity checks, if the GPGSL board is still happy with me doing them (I thought I did okay last season barring a few slip-ups) then give me some indication when we can kick off with the first deadline.

The 'Strayan Grand Prix would be nice over the Christmas period, but even better would be me winning that race ;)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Here are the screens of the 22 race drivers.

Always thought it was Horváth not Horvárth? Just saying lol

Really like the orange JHR - the special Demon livery looks class too, as donall of the cars not coloured in pink and yellow ;)

Not gonna lie, no idea why the JHR is now orange ;)

I'll roll with it for Melbourne, but I'll send in the correct race livery when I get the chance.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Twigster151 écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not gonna lie, no idea why the JHR is now orange
> ;)
>
> I'll roll with it for Melbourne, but I'll send in
> the correct race livery when I get the chance.

Have we been bought by some kind of Dutch consortium ?

Great to give the car a spin! Nothing like being back in the comfy seat of a Snake machine for a quick lap round Melbourne!

Anyway for the sessions works for me too, I can't guarentee full activity but should be able to check in several times!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
EricMoinet Wrote:
> Twigster151 écrivait:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Not gonna lie, no idea why the JHR is now
> orange
> > ;)
> >
> > I'll roll with it for Melbourne, but I'll send
> in
> > the correct race livery when I get the chance.
>
>
> Have we been bought by some kind of Dutch
> consortium ?

Apparently so!

Should really learn to read the fine print on contracts before signing them...

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Diax F1 Schreef:
> Always thought it was Horváth not Horvárth? Just
> saying lol

Is a mistake in the performance file. That's why his nation flag doesn't show up.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Loved all the side shots Greg! Mine is going to Facebook right now ;-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Jac, you should go for an all black livery. That'd be awesome with the white lines.

Just a quick question. Which year is the Albert Park track I'm using based on? Last season it was the 2012 one, but I've noticed that the one I'm using is not. Not sure why it has changed from the 2012 one to a older version of Albert Park.

And to all the testers, I have finished putting together the qualifying session that has determined the grid for the feature race. I hope to get the coverage up very soon.

GPGSL Rd 1 Australian GP – Season Opener – Tester’s Qualifying

Hello and welcome to the season opening round of the 9th season of the GPGSL, the Australian GP. We are at Albert Park for this round, and everyone is ready to get this season underway. First up for this weekend is qualifying for the tester’s feature race, which will be held later on today. The testers will be using the old qualifying format of 12 laps. The weather report shows that it is a nice, clear day. No sign of any clouds. Anyways, let’s head trackside and get ready for the session to begin.

Weather Report: Sunny

Dan Mills heads out onto the track first. TNR are running the car of shame this weekend, as a result of not having their season 9 cars ready for racing.

Demon owner, Glen Sheppard, is next out onto the track. Demon Racing opted to run a special livery this weekend, to promote the Leukaemia Foundation.

Marcus De Bruyker retains his testing seat with One Racing, who are running a new livery for this season.

Former race driver, Gianluigi Silvestre, is now a test driver for season 9. He hopes that MPR will help him get ready for when he returns to being a race driver.

Keeley Grant swapped teams in the off season. She left MAC Racing, and now drives for VSM.

Greg O’Brien will be hoping for much better in his second season as a test driver, and he hopes that SCR can give him the car speed to do well.

Former race driver for MAC Racing, Christopher Hinz, is now a tester for AMR this season. How he will perform remains to be seen.

New to the GPGSL this season is Maximilian Schieder, who will test for MAC Racing. Like TNR, MAC Racing are also running the car of shame this weekend.

Former Christel owner, Chris Copeman, is now back behind the wheel once again. He is testing for the newest team on the grid, JHR Developments.

Former AMR tester, Daniel Thomas, is now testing for Shadow this season.

Mills sets the fastest time.

Sheppard goes into 2nd, but Santilal quickly takes 2nd away.

De Bruyker couldn’t go faster, and takes 4th.

Despite running in the car of shame, MAC Racing owner Nathan McGregor manages to go 3rd fastest.

Silvestre goes 6th fastest.

A good lap from Stoddart sees him go faster than Mills.

Grant can only manage to set the 7th fastest time.

O’Brien goes 5th fastest.

Hinz shows why AMR are the team to beat by going the fastest.

De Boer takes the 6th fastest time.

Now Elleker goes fastest, making it an AMR 1-2 at the current moment.

Hayes makes sure it won’t stay that way for long, by taking the fastest time.

Schieder sets a blistering lap to go fastest. Great lap from the GPGSL rookie.

Copeman sets a time good enough for 15th. He won’t be too happy with that.

Nell’s time is the slowest by 4 seconds. Something must have happened to the Demon tester for that to be possible.

This explains why. Nell had run off the track.

At least he was able to get the car back onto the track.

Back to the action, as we see Kittleson go 5th fastest.

JHR owner, Jack Hunsley, only manages to go 16th fastest. Not a good start for the newest team.

Thomas’s time is not that good, as he goes 17th fastest.

Emanuel Domenech, another GPGSL rookie, does his best, and manages to go 13th fastest.

His boss, Rico Van Smirren, goes 6th fastest.

Tommi Karjalainen, who returned to the GPGSL at the end of season 8, goes 9th fastest.

De Bruyker is off the track. He must have a problem with the car. At least it doesn’t affect him too much, as he was on his way back to the pits

Now that everyone has set their first laptimes, here are the current standings.

De Bruyker, eager to get back out onto the track, heads out first for the start of the second runs.

Behind him is Mills, who is looking quite shameful in the car of shame.

This is not what De Bruyker needs right now. He has started his lap, and he already has traffic to deal with.

By now, his lap is effectively ruined. 2 seconds down at the first sector.

Mills has no problems on his way to improving up to 4th.

Silvestre improves up into the top 10.

While De Boer improves up to 6th.

Stoddart sets a great lap to improve up to 2nd.

Grant improves up to 7th in her VSM.

Kittleson retakes 5th back with his time.

Copeman improves up to 18th, but it’s not where he would like to be.

Thomas improves himself up into 12th.

Domenech pulls a lap out of nowhere to improve up to 2nd.

Nell manages to set a faster time than before, but it’s not enough to improve his overall position.

A better laptime from Hunsley sees him improve up to 12th.

Current standings now that everyone has completed their second runs.

De Bruyker once again is the first driver out as the third runs gets under way.

Dejavu for De Bruyker, as he has to deal with traffic once again.

He crosses the line and fails to improve on his time. De Bruyker will be fuming with anger, knowing that his time was ruined again thanks to traffic.

Schieder still holds the fastest time.

Silvestre improves up to 8th.

While Mills improves up to 2nd.

Santilal makes sure it won’t be a car of shame front row, by improving up to 2nd.

More traffic problems, this time for O’Brien. He won’t be happy about this.

Kittleson makes sure he stays inside the top 10 by improving up to 8th.

This qualifying session hasn’t been going too well for Demon Racing. Sheppard improves up to 19th with his time, but being near the rear of the grid isn’t what he would be wanting.

Van Smirren improves up to 11th with his time.

With his time, Thomas is able to improve up to 10th.

Nell finally sets a decent laptime, and improves up to 12th.

Current standings now that everyone has completed their third runs.

When things go bad, they can go worse. De Bruyker is off the track at the start of his final run.

Elleker fails to improve on his time, as he looks to the inside of Thomas’s Shadow.

Oh no, Elleker has locked up his brakes.

And he ends up spinning the car.

At least he is able to get going again.

Sheppard manages to improve his time, and makes it into the top 10.

There we have it. Qualifying for the tester’s feature race is now finished. Congratulations to Maximilian Schieder and MAC Racing on taking pole position for the feature race.

Stay tuned for the official results.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
I'm happy with 11th.
The only thing I can do after my first classification with this result is...

4th!! Yeaaaaah!

;););)

Nice coverage Greg.

Just frustrating that we have this stupid situation whereby a team running the car of shame has taken pole.

Make the car a punishment. Strip boost points, make it brown, make the team have to be referred to as Poo Grand Prix for the entire event.

Right now it effectively means nothing.

Bit disappointed with 7th, was aiming a little higher, but it is my first weekend in a new car!

Very happy to see a MAC Racing car on pole. Hopefully this points to a good performance for the team as a whole over the event

Satisfied with 8th - agree that's a tad daft to see a Car of Shame on pole, but to be perfectly honest, that's GP4 (and racing in general really). Who'd expect a rookie to have stuck it on pole for the testers race?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2013 10:45AM by Diax F1.
No, Greg, you are right that's not the right track. However I don't believe it's the one I sent you. The magic data is right though. Just carry on with what you have, no point changing now :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy